GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brain damage more likely in MMA than boxing

+6
fka
adam
backdoor to zuffa
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
God of Thunder
iforgotmypassword
10 posters
Go down
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Brain damage more likely in MMA than boxing Empty Brain damage more likely in MMA than boxing

Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:25 pm
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Brain damage more likely in MMA than boxing Empty Re: Brain damage more likely in MMA than boxing

Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:43 pm
GNP can be disgusting sometimes. Many fans, especially UFC fanboys, want the fights to be brutal and they rather want the ref to stop too late than too early. I want the opposite.
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Brain damage more likely in MMA than boxing Empty Re: Brain damage more likely in MMA than boxing

Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:12 pm
THere was a  ECF event today.
Brain damage more likely in MMA than boxing Ipm

Bleach  reporter did a article about should mma banned eblow on the ground after fighter death to relation to elbow.

I remember that EcF made statment relased on the death about guylain.
statement released on EFC Africa's official website, Guylain was transferred to the hospital, where he was treated for swelling and bleeding of the brain after taking multiple elbows to the head in his bout with Keron Davies. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1983307-death-by-knell-should-mma-consider-banning-elbows-following-fighters-death
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:17 pm
OMG. That guy makes Kim Winslow look like a competent ref.
adam
adam

Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:38 pm
Dude WTF @ that gif.

Looked like that ref let the guy get beat half to death. Shit, son.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:09 pm
Yeah referee competence will solve a lot of problems with trauma refs can literally kill a Guy.

In this business fighters are trained to go until ref stoppage I mean more seasoned guys will stop when they know a guys out.

But refs NEED much better training if we want to reduce fighter injury.

Banning elbows does nothing to help,same damage can be done from punches ,God forbid kneese or head stomps would be legal.

And again I don't think mma is worse then boxing as far as brain trauma the numbers just don't support it boxing has much higher numbers of damaged fighters and deaths in ring.
fka
fka

Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:18 pm
If anything this study is elevating the importance of the issue of referee competence.

The comments that guys receive multiple blows after being kod should be not overlooked.

There are instances where gnp causes a ko during a flurry and a Guy recieves 1 or 2 blows extra but the worst instances are when a Guy is knocked to the floor not completely out but definitely not aware of surroundings but instead of calling the fight right there ref lets opponent dive in and hit Guy with 5 or 6 strikes.

Refs need to be held responsible!they hold peoples lives in their hands.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:30 pm
I´m interested in mixed martial arts to see world class techniques from different combat sports but the direction mma is taking is totally wrong imo.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:57 pm
kayneoTheRisingWarrior wrote:THere was a  ECF event today.

Bleach  reporter did a article about should mma banned eblow on the ground after fighter death to relation to elbow.

statement released on EFC Africa's official website, Guylain was transferred to the hospital, where he was treated for swelling and bleeding of the brain after taking multiple elbows to the head in his bout with Keron Davies. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1983307-death-by-knell-should-mma-consider-banning-elbows-following-fighters-death

Terrible ref. That's ridiculous
Sonatine
Sonatine

Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:10 pm
It's all about emphasising bad striking and mediocre skill level, world class techniques are the last thing MMA fans want to see, it's all about who gets beaten up the worst thanks to the desensitised fanbase that MMA has.

I'd rather see people like Sanchez, Monson, Hendo, Shogun and Penn retire than take any more beatings. They are going to develop some horrible disorders (if they haven't already) in later life. Or people like Dan Blackwell (he's 21 and his record is 5-30).

The refereeing in the Guylain was horrendous.
Sonatine
Sonatine

Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:11 pm
The refereeing in the Guylain bout was horrendous*
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:32 pm

Is that the actual fight in which the guy died?

Searching google images it looks like the guys.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:34 pm
Golden Age wrote:I´m interested in mixed martial arts to see world class techniques from different combat sports but the direction mma is taking is totally wrong imo.

I agree 100%.

I'm almost to the point of being done watching MMA completely.

Not because I've outgrown MMA, but because MMA has 'outgrown' me.
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:42 pm
nodogoshi wrote:

Is that the actual fight in which the guy died?
NO

Searching google images it looks like the guys.
The gif was from today EFC event that start few hours ago.
fka
fka

Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:30 pm
Yeah efc seems to not even be on kotc level.....

They basically have the highest rate of near death stoppages.
Fairweather

Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:46 pm
I'm braindamaged just from listening to Mike Goldberg
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum