GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

MALDONADO OPEN TO FIGHTING OSP OR FEIJAO Empty MALDONADO OPEN TO FIGHTING OSP OR FEIJAO

Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:23 pm
Fabio Maldonado was recently called out by Ovince St. Preux on Twitter, and he says he'd consider that fight. He also stated that wouldn't mind facing his former training partner Rafael "Feijão".

Fabio Maldonado's request to fight Dan Henderson was turned down, but the 34-year-old Brazilian spoke to Portal do Vale-Tudo and said that he has other options in mind. Those would be two men current in the top 15 at light heavyweight - Ovince St. Preux and Rafael Cavalcante. OSP is the first guy he brought up:

I asked to fight Dan Henderson with all respect because he is the man, it would be a dream for me. I think his style would be good for me. But there are a lot of people wanting to fight me. There is Ovince St. Preux who challenged me on twitter. I would fight you anytime, Ovince. It would be a tough fight, maybe as tough as against Dan Henderson.
The interview was given before the announcement of Hendo possibly facing Daniel Cormier at UFC 175 on July 5th. Maldonado is open also to meeting Cavalcante, a guy he disn't get along with after his unfriendly departure from Team Nogueira. Fabio says has no hard feelings, but he'd still meet him in the octagon:

With Feijao I have a long history but I would fight him. But I would fight as my job. The situation has passed. He has his team, I have my team and I have to move on.
Maldonado is now on a three-fight winning streak, the last one coming against Gian Villante by unanimous decision at UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Henderson 2 on March 23rd.
Bloody elbow.com
wekka
wekka

MALDONADO OPEN TO FIGHTING OSP OR FEIJAO Empty Re: MALDONADO OPEN TO FIGHTING OSP OR FEIJAO

Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:35 pm
I like Maldonado/OSP, a lot. St. Preux deserves another challenge.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

MALDONADO OPEN TO FIGHTING OSP OR FEIJAO Empty Re: MALDONADO OPEN TO FIGHTING OSP OR FEIJAO

Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:48 pm
Maldonado has really grown on me.

If it wasnt for his fondness of showing he can take anyone's punches he could be much higher ranked.

Shlemenko like body shots really love it.

Wish he was a bjj blackbelt Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum