GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Cormier: Jones beats prime Fedor, but not Cain Empty Cormier: Jones beats prime Fedor, but not Cain

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:13 pm
Former US Olympic team captain Daniel Cormier fights Dan Henderson in the main event of UFC 173 on May 24. If he wins, he is widely expected to get a fight for the title vs. Jon Jones, if Jones beats Alexander Gustafsson in the rematch. If Gustafsson wins, there will likely be an automatic rubber match.

Cormier appeared on the MMA Hour and was asked by host Ariel Helwani if "The Mauler" stands a chance at beating Jones.

"No chance," said Cormier initially, as transcribed by MMAFighting. "Let me rephrase that. I'm not saying he doesn't have a chance. I'm just saying that if I had to bet my money, or if I asked 10 people who wins this fight, nine out of those 10 people would say Jon Jones, because honestly, I believe that he's better because he has more tools.

"When you look at Jon on paper against a lot of people, he seems to match up well against every single one of us. He seems to holds the advantages against every single one of us. It's the intangibles. It's the things that you can't measure on a piece of paper that it's going to take to beat Jon Jones - the things that I believe I hold in spades.

"I've been winning my entire life. That's all I know how to do, and that's what I plan on continuing to do as I finish my mixed martial arts career. I'm not trying to sound arrogant or cocky in any way. I know how to win. I know that at the end of the day, when I step in the cage with most guys that I fight, I've done more things right over the course of my lifetime and over the course of my athletic career than they have."

Earlier on Twitter, Cormier was asked several questions about Jones.

@Danielmmafan
How would Jon Jones do at HWT in your opinion?

Daniel Cormier @dc_mma
Fine

@MarkL0NG0RiA
Big Fan bro.. jones said before he would love to fight Cain do you think he would last 5 rounds vs Cain?

Daniel Cormier @dc_mma
No

@TXWingStinger
Jones vs prime Fedor, who takes it?

Daniel Cormier @dc_mma
Jones

Mma.tv
Heretic
Heretic

Cormier: Jones beats prime Fedor, but not Cain Empty Re: Cormier: Jones beats prime Fedor, but not Cain

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:19 pm
Cormier gives Jones way to much credit
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Cormier: Jones beats prime Fedor, but not Cain Empty Re: Cormier: Jones beats prime Fedor, but not Cain

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:41 pm
Lmao especially when he says Jones couldn't last 5 with Cain but says he could beat prime fedor.

Prime fedor would wreck Jones easily straight zulu'd would do same to Cain.

But this is why DC should stick to fighting your fight analysis is whack.
TehPackage
TehPackage

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:00 pm
fka wrote:Lmao especially when he says Jones couldn't last 5 with Cain but says he could beat prime fedor.

Fedor would beat Jones imo. I dont know about if he would Zulu Jones. Most top HWs beat Jones. I think Cain would beat Prime Fedor.
fka
fka

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:09 pm
I guarantee fedor would Zulu Jones.

Jones frame is weak as shit fedor would snap a leg like he did to monson way out of prime.

Fedor wouldn't stand at Jones predetermined kick boxing range he would close distance and connect either body or head either way Jones crumples.

Jones being tall works with fedors trips and sweeps but should Jones get a takedown he would be tapping to an armbar faster then you could say Rhonda rousey lmao.

Jones doesn't have ko power he would be crushed in exchanges and beaten up with superior Kickboxing.

Could Jones out Kickbox prime crocop like fedor?

Could he lay in wait in big nogs legendary guard escaping sub after sub and drop REAL GNP like fedor?

Any sort of credential Jones has earned any win he has had fedor prime could have accomplished easily and probably all in one night in you know a one night tournament something Jones will never experience.
fka
fka

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:18 pm
Lmao especially when he says Jones couldn't last 5 with Cain but says he could beat prime fedor.

TehPackage
TehPackage

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:41 pm
fka wrote:I guarantee fedor would Zulu Jones.

Jones frame is weak as shit fedor would snap a leg like he did to monson way out of prime.

Fedor wouldn't stand at Jones predetermined kick boxing range he would close distance and connect either body or head either way Jones crumples.

Jones being tall works with fedors trips and sweeps but should Jones get a takedown he would be tapping to an armbar faster then you could say Rhonda rousey lmao.

Jones doesn't have ko power he would be crushed in exchanges and beaten up with superior Kickboxing.

Could Jones out Kickbox prime crocop like fedor?

Could he lay in wait in big nogs legendary guard escaping sub after sub and drop REAL GNP like fedor?

Any sort of credential Jones has earned any win he has had fedor prime could have accomplished easily and probably all in one night in you know a one night tournament something Jones will never experience.
Going off of Fedors past fights...ok...Fedor lost to a MW so Jones would probably win. You changed my mind and I used your logic.
fka
fka

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:04 pm
What do you mean going off past fights....

PRIME FEDOR(which is who we were talking about)was in the past gsp obviously yeah fights from HIS PRIME would be used for analysis and comparison.

If your referring to hendo he was and is a lhw bruh. He was well over 185 in the fight with fedor.

Fedor PRIME retired Jones in a fucking pretzel never to walk or wipe his own ass again.
fka
fka

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:11 pm
Wtf are u talking about tehpackage?

Maybe I confused you by referencing fedor breaking monsons leg(in reference to fedor being out of prime while doing so to a real hw much stalkier)

But all other references are valid as they are literal descriptions of fedor in his prime.

I would bring up Jones crazy accomplishments but none noteworthy come to mind... Smile
Adax

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:12 pm
TehPackage trolling it up as usual

Cormier: Jones beats prime Fedor, but not Cain 2859867778

Enjoy this warning.
fka
fka

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:14 pm
Jones would be a mid tier hw in ufc at best in pride he would be a nobody.
Adax

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:17 pm
fka wrote:Jones would be a mid tier hw in ufc at best in pride he would be a nobody.

Jones relies on eyepokes and knee kicks, he would've been yellow carded a million times over in PRIDE if not red card DQ'd.
Adax

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:20 pm
LOL at the thought of Jones beating anyone without his shitty elbows either.
fka
fka

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:20 pm
No elbows eyepokes turns Jones into just a bag of bones waiting to be broken.

Audax don't worry about tiny package LOL

We all see his childish motives.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:24 pm
Fedor lost to a MW talking point is still being used? That's so stupid. If will go with that then I guess Big Nog and Wanderlei aren't that good since they lost to the same middleweight. Also Anderson Silva lost to a welterweight in Ryo Chonan while Chuck Liddell got knocked out by a middleweight Rich Franklin.

As far as Cormier goes, of course he'll say this since Cain is his friend. I respect Cormier as a fighter but not as an analyst since he reminds me of Kenny Florian where he comes off as a guy that reads the UFC talking points.
fka
fka

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:36 pm
Hey rocksoldier....

ROCK SOLID COMMENTS Smile
fka
fka

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:40 pm
Everyone knows mw is hendo watered down hendo is and always will be a lhw.

Hendo didn't beat fedor weighing 185 he was over 200 for the fight and on trt

So saying fedor lost to a mw is a fruitless argument but I'm sure he knew that as well.
wekka
wekka

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:09 pm
Cormier is just trying to make his imminent victory over Jones more important than it actually is.
fka
fka

Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:42 am
Wekka very true

DC IMO will wreck jones
TehPackage
TehPackage

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:29 pm
fka wrote:Wtf are u talking about tehpackage?

Maybe I confused you by referencing fedor breaking monsons leg(in reference to fedor being out of prime while doing so to a real hw much stalkier)

But all other references are valid as they are literal descriptions of fedor in his prime.

I would bring up Jones crazy accomplishments but none noteworthy come to mind... Smile
I was joking. I said Jones would lose to Fedor. Cage or Ring any kind of rules.
TehPackage
TehPackage

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:30 pm
AudaxSmoke wrote:LOL at the thought of Jones beating anyone without his shitty elbows either.
Speculation.
TehPackage
TehPackage

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:32 pm
AudaxSmoke wrote:TehPackage trolling it up as usual

Cormier: Jones beats prime Fedor, but not Cain 2859867778

Enjoy this warning.
I didnt break any rules.
fka
fka

Thu May 01, 2014 1:13 pm
Jamming up forums with trolling is a nono u did start off debating then you just started barfing out BS just to cause a ruckus don't act like you don't know what you were doing.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum