GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Invicta FC’s Ediane Gomes says UFC should replace female fighters with strippers Empty Invicta FC’s Ediane Gomes says UFC should replace female fighters with strippers

Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:47 pm
Invicta FC’s Ediane Gomes says UFC should replace female fighters with strippers 002_Ediane_Gomes.0_standard_709.0

iane Gomes will soon challenge Invicta FC featherweight champion Cris Cyborg, and the bout will air on UFC Fight Pass as part of a new deal between the promotions. "India" is not a fan of the female UFC fighters, though.

"The (female) fighters in the UFC are more worried about showing their a**es than actually fighting," Gomes told Tatame. "MMA has become a new thing because of Ronda, but she’s actually one of the few real fighters. To be in the UFC, you have to show your a**. They should just put some strippers to brawl in there, it would be better."

Gomes (10-2), who suffered her only losses against Ronda Rousey and Amanda Nunes, only respects that particular pair of UFC fighters and Cyborg. The other UFC fighters, including former Strikeforce champion Miesha Tate, are "a bunch of cans."

"Ronda deserves to be where she is now. I don’t see any fighter to beat her. The only one that could give her some trouble is Amanda Nunes. Nobody else can take her title," Gomes said. "She’s good in what she does. The others are terrible. A bunch of cans. I say this and I’m not ashamed of it. It’s ridiculous. I dream about fighting in the UFC to show the other fighters that they need to train more. Miesha is good, but she should stay as a model so she can make more money."

Gomes is willing to cut down to 135 pounds after challenging Cyborg at the featherweight division, and a win over the former Strikeforce star would help her getting into the Octagon. "India" knows it won’t be an easy fight, but she’s confident.

"She likes to brawl. I have a lot of respect for her," she said. "She’s a great athlete, everybody sees that. When we get inside the cage and the bell rings, we are going to brawl to get what we want. She’s better-rounded compared to the time when she was the Strikeforce champion. She has a good takedown defense, is aggressive, and has heavy hands. I have to surprise her. I could be stupid and stand against her, but I’m training boxing for two years now."

"I’m the underdog. That’s good," she continued. "When people are all over you is dangerous because you become cocky. I want to surprise (everybody). Cyborg is the best in the world and I’m happy to fight her. No women in MMA were capable of beating her, so I will try. It’s going to be a war. I always wanted to fight her and I know that a win over her puts me in another level."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/21/5811740/invicta-fc-s-ediane-gomes-says-ufc-should-replace-female-fighters
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Invicta FC’s Ediane Gomes says UFC should replace female fighters with strippers Empty Re: Invicta FC’s Ediane Gomes says UFC should replace female fighters with strippers

Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:12 pm
yeah but she's kinda right because most of em can't fucking fight are are too ugly to be strippers Very Happy

WMMA sucks.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Invicta FC’s Ediane Gomes says UFC should replace female fighters with strippers Empty Re: Invicta FC’s Ediane Gomes says UFC should replace female fighters with strippers

Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:00 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:

"Ronda deserves to be where she is now. I don’t see any fighter to beat her. The only one that could give her some trouble is Amanda Nunes. Nobody else can take her title," Gomes said.

I love how she does the classic fighter logic of "Anyone who can beat me can beat anybody." Really? Amanda Nunes beating Rousey? She's good, but I don't think she really has anything to stop the head control- takedown-armbar strategy of Rousey.

And lol at the stripper thing. Imagine if a dude said that.
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:19 am
Nunes has a better chance than anyone. Rousey was legit rocked by Tate a couple of times and Nunes actually has one punch ko power. If Mcmann can land at will on Rousey the first real striker she faces she will be knocked completely out and it will look easy. Having absolute zero striking defense can only last for so long.

but wmma is so shit Rousey probably never fights a real puncher her whole career.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:59 am
iforgotmypassword wrote:Nunes has a better chance than anyone. Rousey was legit rocked by Tate a couple of times and Nunes actually has one punch ko power. If Mcmann can land at will on Rousey the first real striker she faces she will be knocked completely out and it will look easy. Having absolute zero striking defense can only last for so long.

but wmma is so shit Rousey probably never fights a real puncher her whole career.

It may be true that she 'has a better chance than anyone'. I don't remember too much of her other than some of her latest fights, where I was not too impressed.

My concern with anyone who people say could not knock out Rousey is her takedown defense. To be a great striker in MMA you need to have high level takedown defense. That is true with anyone. Grappling is a nullifier of striking. This is why boxers clinch. You can't punch if someone is grabbing a hold of you, even with your arms free. The self defense hierarchy is entirely range based. Kicking is bested by punching is busted by clinching and takedowns. This is why you see fighters not even kick, it is easy to be taken down and it is difficult to range, timing and accuracy down compared to punches. Kicks often literally 'are not even there' as you hear them say in the post fight interviews. The other guy is not giving you a chance because he is punching you the whole time. Few kicks can be done at punching range. If someone is punching you, need to back off and create more distance to get a good kick in.

All Rousey needs to do is barrel in and grab the head to do what she does. This is why McMann was the best chance we had at her being beaten. Wrestlers know all about head control and takedown defense.

But Gomes may be right and Nunes has awesome takedown defense to beat Rousey with a KO (strippers need to be in the UFC). I don't know, I have not seen too many of her fights.
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:08 pm

McMann is made of complete glass. Baszler rocked her worse than Rousey did.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:20 pm
I believe Baszler is one of the girls who could beat Rousey (if they weren't so buddy-buddy). Catch at its best is is entirely about inflicting pain to gain control. She might beat the takedown or if takendown out grapple Rousey. And Baszler totally beat McMann in that fight.
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:53 pm
If rousey comes in just pull guard. She is not some killer on the ground if she doesnt land in dominate position. I blue belts have got her in deep trouble before.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:37 pm
Strippers in ufc? There are 0 fighters I would pay to see strip in ufc think ediane is trying to get attention can't blame her.

Rouseys striking and striking defense is really bad.

Her instincts are no headmovement and when she gets hit she turns her face away from opponent and bull rushed in for clinch.

Should she ever actually fight Cyborg all she has to do is hit her with a straight left cross combo followed by a stutter step back ending with either head kick or knee.

That combo is literally open 90% of the time rousey is striking.(watch any fight you'll see what I'm talking about)

Mcmann could beat her in a rematch with some cardio and boxing tuning.

I'd like to see rousey vs marloes coenan just would be fun.

Rousey will be beaten by a female chuck liddell(great takedown kickboxer)
Or a great grappler most likely wrestler but bjj is possible as well.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum