GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Most MMA fighters live in poverty how does that make you feel? Empty Most MMA fighters live in poverty how does that make you feel?

Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:21 pm
the entire sport is poverty. Female golfers you never heard of make millions are year.

This is the number one reason mma will never be a real "sport"

McMann headlined the 2nd highest selling PPV this year and made 14 thousand dollars
nathanli

Most MMA fighters live in poverty how does that make you feel? Empty Re: Most MMA fighters live in poverty how does that make you feel?

Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:54 pm
It sucks, but these other sports leagues and organizations have been around for much much longer than any MMA orgs. They've figured out how to monetize the right way and have a good mix of sponsors and television deals that allow them to even pay some of their minor leaguers 6 figures a year.

It would be interesting to see how boxing wages have fluctuated through the years. Obviously once they started putting fights on PPV, they started to make some serious money.

It doesn't help that fighters have to pay for their own coaching. Maybe one day major orgs should fund the major gyms in order to keep costs down for their fighters so that they're actually getting to pocket the money they win. That's what makes being an MMA fighter the most difficult.

I hope that MMA doesn't stay a niche sport worldwide. I hope they can monetize sponsorships similar to NASCAR. NASCAR companies survive because they're able to get hundreds of different companies to sponsor their cars. A lot of times athletes make way more in sponsorships than they ever do in contracts. This also puts MMA fighters at a disadvantage because there isn't enough sponsorships to go around.

Here is the minimum salary for sports leagues around the world.

NBA 473k
NHL 525k
KHL 39k
NFL 375k
MLB 500k
MiLB 2k
MLS 20k
EPL 40k
WNBA 35k
NLL (Lacrosse) 5.8k (season)
Australian Rugby League 80k
PCA (Cricket) 21k
UFC 8k per fight
Bellator 1k per fight
WSOF 1k per fight
Major boxing event (HBo,Showtime,PPV) 15k per fight
Minor boxing event (untelivised) 500 dollars per fight

Last edited by nathanli on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Most MMA fighters live in poverty how does that make you feel? Empty Re: Most MMA fighters live in poverty how does that make you feel?

Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:06 pm
it doesnt help UFC charge a fucking sponsor fee and decides what brands/ companies are allowed.

Most MMA fighters live in poverty how does that make you feel? 14733510_1840363246233024_4218577591788896256_n

Most MMA fighters live in poverty how does that make you feel? Lol
nathanli

Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:09 pm
stu3ufc wrote:it doesnt help UFC charge a fucking sponsor fee and decides what brands/ companies are allowed.

That's true, I think that the fighters should have more say and that could end up benefitting Bellator and WSOF at some point. It makes it even harder to get sponsorships when you're an undercard fighter since there's only so many to go around.

That said, I don't miss the days of Condom Depot and Jesus Didn't Tap. Not that Dynamic Fastener is really that much better.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:46 pm
Mma is REALLY young compared to boxing or golfing.

The sport is barely past infancy ...

Yeah I agree pay is low but that can be attributed to many things

Not enough sponsor options is one big one.bellator and wsof don't charge fees but ufc all but killed the sponsor market.

If big sponsors can't get in to the "#1org" they aren't going to payout fir #2 and #3.

By crushing the sponsor market they eliminate the real money fighters make and hurt other orgs and overall the sport.

Also in mma (along with all combat sports)name recognition and excitement in your fights tends to dictate what you are paid.

Unlike baseball or football you don't have industry standards if you just start off you barely make 3-4 hundred a fight.

There is no union or any governing body that looks after the fighters or their general well being.(partly due to general incompetence and the sport being so young)

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:55 pm
LPGA is not on PPV which is a giant money maker. There is no union in golf. UFC gets more viewers than LPGA. There is no union in boxing.

Angulo headlined a PPV this year that sold 350k same as McMann vs Rousey and made over 800 thousand from that fight not including sponsors and there was no boxing union.

Last edited by iforgotmypassword on Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:58 pm
payout from LPGA half way through the year. No sponsorships. Only tournament funds. These tournaments get less viewers on TV than UFC and none are PPV. Now lets compare that to the top 20 ufc fighters or Women ufc fighters for this year. It's a joke.

1 Stacy Lewis 16 3 1,932,484
2 Michelle Wie 15 2 1,627,653
3 Inbee Park 14 1 940,097
4 Lydia Ko 15 1 851,019
5 Anna Nordqvist 15 2 825,036
6 Lexi Thompson 14 1 773,177
7 Shanshan Feng 12 0 655,844
8 Karrie Webb 12 2 648,593
9 Cristie Kerr 14 0 611,745
10 Angela Stanford 15 0 600,643
11 Jessica Korda 14 2 596,139
12 Chella Choi 17 0 592,618
13 Azahara Munoz 16 0 584,731
14 Mo Martin 17 1 583,762
15 So Yeon Ryu 14 0 579,565
16 Paula Creamer 14 1 536,367
17 Suzann Pettersen 13 0 536,195
18 Lizette Salas 13 1 480,610
19 Meena Lee 16 0 471,103
20 Jenny Shin 15 0 466,654
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:14 pm
So MMA is the fastest growing sport in the world. It's going to overtake soccer. It's on PPV yet the 20th best female golfer in the world makes more money in 6 months than almost every single MMA Champion?

Something is very wrong and corrupt about this entire sport. And it's not because Golf has a union (it doesnt) or has been around longer. UFC has higher viewer-ship and better revenue streams like PPV.
fka
fka

Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:31 pm
Golf has also been around for ages....

You know long enough to establish the tournaments they compete in and the sport itself as legit.

Mma is an extreme niche sport your better off comparing it to table tennis.

Whether its televised or on ppv mma is not a sport ....

It isn't run like one at all

Give mma 100 years to catch up and we can talk.

Mma has grown faster then anyother sport but that's partly a detriment.it wasn't allowed to develope fully like other mainstream sports.

IMO its not respected because it basically exploded out of nowhere to what it is now all over TV.while there ate followers there isn't the same passion cuz ufc controls the perception of the entire sport.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
fka
fka

Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:35 pm
Could ufc payout more to their fighters...absolutely but problem is they own the sport ....

Guys are WILLING to fight for peanuts to b on TV and get recognition/hype for being in ufc.

BELLATOR #1
wekka
wekka

Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:01 pm
iforgotmypassword wrote:payout from LPGA half way through the year. No sponsorships. Only tournament funds. These tournaments get less viewers on TV than UFC and none are PPV. Now lets compare that to the top 20 ufc fighters or Women ufc fighters for this year. It's a joke.

1 Stacy Lewis 16 3 1,932,484
2 Michelle Wie 15 2 1,627,653
3 Inbee Park 14 1 940,097
4 Lydia Ko 15 1 851,019
5 Anna Nordqvist 15 2 825,036
6 Lexi Thompson 14 1 773,177
7 Shanshan Feng 12 0 655,844
8 Karrie Webb 12 2 648,593
9 Cristie Kerr 14 0 611,745
10 Angela Stanford 15 0 600,643
11 Jessica Korda 14 2 596,139
12 Chella Choi 17 0 592,618
13 Azahara Munoz 16 0 584,731
14 Mo Martin 17 1 583,762
15 So Yeon Ryu 14 0 579,565
16 Paula Creamer 14 1 536,367
17 Suzann Pettersen 13 0 536,195
18 Lizette Salas 13 1 480,610
19 Meena Lee 16 0 471,103
20 Jenny Shin 15 0 466,654

Golf makes for a terrible comparison. Look how many tournaments it still took to make that money. If the UFC didn't have such a bloated roster, fighters would get more fights and make better money at the end of the year.
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:16 pm
The Last LPGA tournament had a payout of 3 million. For one event. Did Rousey make 3 million for one fight?

I already told you Angulo made 800k on a ppv that sold identical to UFC 170. Other sports leagues have hundreds of games. Golf is a fine comparison.

wekka

Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:27 pm
Because of PRESTIGE. Of course major tournaments are going to have high payouts. It wasn't always like this until Sorenstam arrived on the scene and the pay was equally as poor in comparison to the PGA, but the majors always had a tasty prize.

The real problem I think is the lack of real stars in MMA. Once you get a can't miss athlete, the money and ratings will follow. This has been the case in every American sport.

iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:29 pm
Last tournament was a major. Is UFC 170 not prestigious? Literally one the best selling PPV's of the year. Im not comparing fight pass payouts.

The tournament before still had over a million dollar payout and it was a no name tournament just like a fight pass card.
fka
fka

Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:18 pm
Fka said Golf has also been around for ages....

You know long enough to establish the tournaments they compete in and the sport itself as legit.

Yeah prestige comes with age and historical value.

Ufc ppvs are not prestigious.......whatsoever

BELLATOR #1
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:31 pm
Whatever professional boxers are earning is what pro MMA fighters should earn.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:36 pm
If you complain about money in the UFC monopoly, you're thrown out on your ass. Simple.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:08 am
Like punching Dana White
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:14 pm
fka wrote:Fka said Golf has also been around for ages....

Yeah prestige comes with age and historical value.

Ufc ppvs are not prestigious.......whatsoever

thread is not about prestige, it's about pay. Stop talking if you cant even understand what the thread is about.
fka
fka

Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:26 pm
Iforgotblahblahsaid:Last tournament was a major. Is UFC 170 not prestigious? Literally one the best selling PPV's of the year.

Hence my remark ....

I know your trying to hate but atleast do it logically ...

BELLATOR #1
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:32 pm
fka wrote:Iforgotblahblahsaid:Last tournament was a major. Is UFC 170 not prestigious? Literally one the best selling PPV's of the year.

Hence my remark ....

I know your trying to hate but atleast do it logically ...

I see why you never quote properly. Just like the tits or GTFO thing. If you quoted properly you would show I put a emoticon that I was joking. You quote me wrong and removed it.

Here is some some logic for you. Did you miss me saying the tournament before the major also paid out well over a million? Yeah that tournament was the NW Arkansas Open. A newer tournament with ZERO prestige.

SO gtfo out of my thread and stop trolling it. MY last 2 threads you have over 10 posts in each and got the last one LOCKED. STOP IT.
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:36 pm
Obsessed Stalker. My boxing thread had 5 pages, with 2 posts from me and you doing the rest.

Adax

Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:58 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:If you complain about money in the UFC monopoly, you're thrown out on your ass. Simple.

WSOF starting to do the same shit but apparently it's okay because it's happening to a boring fighter.

The only place fighters can speak their minds in North America is Bellator.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:55 pm
90% or more of the UFC revenue is probably going into UFC management pockets.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum