GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

bellator fighters happy to see tournament format gone Empty bellator fighters happy to see tournament format gone

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:35 pm
http://mmajunkie.com/2014/08/video-bellator-fighters-happy-to-see-tournament-format-go-away

I think bjorns alterations just before his departure from the company could have worked,but I also believe in the new vision for the company.

Grand prixs will happen eventually but superfight structure could produce some great cards.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

bellator fighters happy to see tournament format gone Empty Re: bellator fighters happy to see tournament format gone

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:38 pm
Bellator sucks

fka
fka

bellator fighters happy to see tournament format gone Empty Re: bellator fighters happy to see tournament format gone

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:40 pm
Lmao I posted this just for you STU Smile
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:22 am
I might be paying attention to BellaForce now because of this. Before it felt like I had to be following some kind of storyline. Now it'll just be matchups, much easier.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:23 am
I love tournaments but I'm not surprised by this. I guarantee that the tournament format was hell for fighters. 3 fights over 90 days and no time off in between. After you finish one fight, your back in training the following Monday. It also didn't help with champions as they were never able to stay busy and some blame the tournament format on Cole Konrad's retirement because he only fought once a year. Fighters can't live off that. The big fights also got hurt. They probably could've made some good money if they did Minakov/Ivanov for the Heavyweight Title but Ivanov had to go through a tournament and lost in the finals which kind of hurt the luster. The tournaments were also too predictable. Everyone knew the winner of Patricio Freire/Diego Nunes would win the Season 9 FW Tournament and that was a quarterfinal. Everyone knew Kongo would win the season 9 HW tournament. Everyone knew Volkov/Ivanov was the likely finals in the S10 HW Tournament while Koreshkov would win the WW tournament.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:22 am
fka wrote:Lmao I posted this just for you STU Smile

the only people who hated the bellator format are whinny little bitches like king mo.
fka
fka

Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:10 am
Also Michael Chandler and will Brooks.

Only negative is unknown fighters ...tournament winners gained otherwise unwarranted attention.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:13 am
yeah only because of the whole eddie thing fucking them around keeping them waiting
Fairweather

Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:01 pm
tournaments were great, fuck you Bellator
fka
fka

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:39 pm
Some were great ....

Some were pretty pointless and completely predictable.

They set them apart from other orgs but has also held them bak a great deal in many aspects.

As fun as they were it became stale and really was hard on fighters and made champions sit on the shelf.

I loved and appreciated the original format but I can honestly say that the old model woulda drove them under quicker then anything.

Tourney format drove away a lot of fighters and bellator was a last resort.

Now fighters will be more inclined to join and the new model will bring them much more positive attention and overall is better for business.

God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:46 pm
Like I said before a yearly Bellator HW Grand Prix would be optimal. Just look at the success of the M-1 GP which had almost unknown fighters

stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:47 pm
no one cares for bellator stop forcing bellator threads on us

Stu3ufc - Head of the ABTT
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:48 pm
Golden Age wrote:Like I said before a yearly Bellator HW Grand Prix would be optimal. Just look at the success of the M-1 GP which had almost unknown fighters

love the terminator music!!! Smile
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:49 pm
stu3ufc wrote:no one cares for bellator stop forcing bellator threads on us

If Bellator switches to ring, would that make you a fan again? It´s a natural move imo.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:50 pm
stu3ufc wrote:
Golden Age wrote:Like I said before a yearly Bellator HW Grand Prix would be optimal. Just look at the success of the M-1 GP which had almost unknown fighters

love the terminator music!!! Smile
The best  cat
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:50 pm
Golden Age wrote:

If Bellator switches to ring, would that make you a fan again? It´s a natural move imo.

It would spark my interest yes! They have the talent to make an amazing "ring promotion"

cant see it happening tho
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:56 pm
stu3ufc wrote:
Golden Age wrote:

It would spark my interest yes! They have the talent to make an amazing "ring promotion"

cant see it happening tho
If I was in charge at Viacom I would use the ring since it´s something UFC will never have and I would work with all the european and asian ring promotions.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:06 pm
viacom only care to make a trashy american product for a trashy american audience.....coming up NEXT on bar rescue!!!!!
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:26 pm
stu3ufc wrote:viacom only care to make a trashy american product for a trashy american audience.....coming up NEXT on bar rescue!!!!!
Bellator is great for a cage promotion imo but the fans and media need to start focusing on europe instead of NA. MMA is still alive in europe but most fans don´t know shit about this since the mma sites are obsessed with USA.

The cold war is still on!
fka
fka

Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:16 pm
Mma is biggest in NA for us here to care about anywhere else it must become easily accessible like m-1 on shotime

Should onefc,ksw,or m-1 get any sort of NA tv deal or a ppv option(not internet ppv)people will naturally become aware and give them credit.

As is mma in America is a niche its hard enough for bellator and other NA orgs to Garner attention even ufc isn't pulling viewers like it has in past.

So naturally any mma org out of their immediate vicinity or really anything requiring any sort of effort is pretty much invisible.

Without any sort of promotion in the US market its no mystery as to why no one talks about them over here.

Simply put ...STEP YOUR GAME UP

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum