GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Wolfman
Wolfman

M-1 Vadim talks about Fedor vs Monson, Putin and the future Empty M-1 Vadim talks about Fedor vs Monson, Putin and the future

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:28 am
Good interview with Vadim talking about the fight, how there are some assholes in every type of thing, and apparently denying the rumor about the cain Velasquez contract.

I also enjoyed the fact that he openly talked about the mistakes that happened behing the curtains. Guys like Dana would never do that.

Vadim, congratulations on Fedor’s latest victory. What is your take on this event in Moscow?

Thank you. I believe this was the largest MMA event in Russia’s and Europe’s history. All 22,000 seats were sold out and I’m glad that all bouts turned out to be entertaining for the audience. Each individual fight had it’s own character and style, competitors put out impressive performances. In the past I think the most European MMA events had ever attracted was around 13,000 people , but when you have 22,000 people cheering it definitely creates a unique atmosphere. When Fedor’s photo’s were shown on the big screens the Olympic arena exploded in cheers. I don’t think I’ll be able to ever forget that. I’m really glad we had the opportunity to make this event happen and to all the fans for their tremendous support.

Media outlets around the world had picked up a story with prime-minister Putin being booed when he entered the ring to congratulate Fedor after the bout.

I’m not a politician, and I don’t do politics. I work in sports. I am really surprised that some people would play dirty politics and make something up like that. We were all in the ring congratulating Fedor, the arena was exploding, people were cheering, screaming, clapping, stomping their feet and whistling. 22,000 very excited people in the audience, adrenaline rushing, and emotions over-the-top. Monson was being walked out from the ring with the help of his teammates; it was all up on the big screens. I suppose some people decided to use this moment and somehow link the emotions in the arena towards the prime minister. To me it’s clear that some people are trying to take advantage and use it for their purposes. It’s sad. Like I said, I’m not a politician, but I can tell you that even in sports there are people who would constantly sabotage, make stuff up and post it on different websites. For instance I heard that some said the fight was fixed. So I guess there are just nasty people everywhere, in politics, in sports, in journalism. It’s sad, but that’s how it is. I would rather answer questions about Fedor’s win and discuss the bout than comment on political intrigues. But think about it, not in Japan, not in US or anywhere else would a president or prime minister visit an event like this, not to mention stepping in to the ring and giving a speech. We were all proud and honored for Putin to be there.

Vadim, let’s step away from politics and talk about the bout itself.

Jeff Monson is a very strong and experienced fighter. I respect him and thank him for being in the ring and putting up an entertaining fight. Fedor broke his leg, he was getting knocked down, but he proved to have a huge heart and he fought till the end. He’s a true fighter.
Fedor was very careful and patient. He was executing a plan, which he worked on with his trainers in Holland. He would not rush in to wrestle with Monson. His striking was precise. He did not want to repeat the mistakes he has done in the past.

Vadim, the site mmamania.com published a story about you negotiating a deal with UFC for Fedor to fight Velasquez, can you comment on that? Is there any truth to that?

Really? No, we are not negotiating. But potentially it could be a good idea. I might have a chat with Dana White about it. We are considering several options for Fedor to be fighting in US, Fedor vs Velasquez could attract many people, I would guess even a 45,000 people venue. I think we could do it. Fedor is tremendously popular in Russia and Europe, UFC tried to put together some shows here but weren’t that successful. I think we have shown the world what kind of quality shows we can deliver.

It definitely looked good on tv and pictures, but did everything go smooth behind the curtains?

As the organizer I noticed some issues. For instance there was an issue with tickets when they went on sale, there were some logistical problems as a lot more people wanted to buy tickets than we had available in certain locations. Some people did not get to see the fights; they simply couldn’t get in to the Olympic arena. Also some video’s shown in English did not have subtitles in Russian. Video production was done in English with multiple translations to other languages, and we missed Russian as it turned out on a couple of them. Something to work on in the future.
But overall I am very pleased with the results, an event of such magnitude being televised live in multiple countries is never an easy task. In the end all the fans around the world were happy which makes me very happy.

Font: http://www.m-1global.com/2011/11/22/m-1-global%E2%80%99s-president-vadim-finkestein-talks-about-fedor-vs-monson-prime-minister-vladimir-putin-and-future-plans-for-m-1/

KSW
KSW

M-1 Vadim talks about Fedor vs Monson, Putin and the future Empty Re: M-1 Vadim talks about Fedor vs Monson, Putin and the future

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:31 pm
a lot more people wanted to buy tickets than we had available in certain locations. Some people did not get to see the fights; they simply couldn’t get in to the Olympic arena.

Wow!
KSW
KSW

M-1 Vadim talks about Fedor vs Monson, Putin and the future Empty Re: M-1 Vadim talks about Fedor vs Monson, Putin and the future

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:33 pm
I don´t understand why the zombies hate Vadim. He´s a class act imo
brace
brace

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:40 pm
Vadim is smeared by the UFC as a "crazy Russian who destroys orgs and ruins Fedor's legacy." They are good at this sort of thing..

I am curious about the PPV buys and the ratings. Also the payouts as well..
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:42 pm
Dana has demonized Vadim relentlessly in the MMA media. The vast majority are not objective nor independent independent thinkers. Seems it is mostly U.S. fans on this bandwagon.

No American hate here... but U.S. leaders for centuries have manufactured, at the least somewhat enemies so that fear feeds their military industrial complex and war-based economy. It is ingrained from birth that there is always some big threat enemy and it's us versus them or else your with them.

Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:53 pm
brace wrote:Vadim is smeared by the UFC as a "crazy Russian who destroys orgs and ruins Fedor's legacy." They are good at this sort of thing..

I'm also curious about the announcer and Jeremy Horn for the English broadcast. Why didn't they go with Mauro & Miletich again?. They are killer together. Better than Bas with Mauro IMO. Mauro is MMA's encyclopedia announcer like a Bob Costas for every sports he covers & Marv Albert with his play by play. Miletich is an awesome analyst & commentator who is very balanced to all orgs and fighters from everywhere. Also, Mauro himself is as good on the technical MMA knowledge as almost any fighter/commentator out there.

brace
brace

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:57 pm
Dagwood wrote:
brace wrote:Vadim is smeared by the UFC as a "crazy Russian who destroys orgs and ruins Fedor's legacy." They are good at this sort of thing..

I'm also curious about the announcer and Jeremy Horn for the English broadcast. Why didn't they go with Mauro & Miletich again?. They are killer together. Better than Bas with Mauro IMO. Mauro is MMA's encyclopedia announcer like a Bob Costas for every sports he covers & Marv Albert with his play by play. Miletich is an awesome analyst & commentator who is very balanced to all orgs and fighters from everywhere. Also, Mauro himself is as good on the technical MMA knowledge as almost any fighter/commentator out there.

My guess is Miletich and Mauro are contracted by Showtime/CBS. I was pleasantly surprised how well Jeremy Horn did. The other guy was not too bad.
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:14 pm
Was Jeremy Horn the playbyplay commentator? Cause the other dude was fucking shitty, no offense. "as i said before" was the beginning of all his sentences and he said it in a super monotonous tone.

Vadim is a class act. I hope Dana can see the potential in this superfight and what it can do for the UFC.
brace
brace

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:24 pm
Also, Mauro lost some points with me in the Grishin Garner fight. When Grishin was trying to escape under the ropes Mauro started yelling that the cage is better than the ring. Broke my heart.
bellend
bellend

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:42 pm
Dagwood wrote:I'm also curious about the announcer and Jeremy Horn for the English broadcast. Why didn't they go with Mauro & Miletich again?. They are killer together. Better than Bas with Mauro IMO. Mauro is MMA's encyclopedia announcer like a Bob Costas for every sports he covers & Marv Albert with his play by play. Miletich is an awesome analyst & commentator who is very balanced to all orgs and fighters from everywhere. Also, Mauro himself is as good on the technical MMA knowledge as almost any fighter/commentator out there.

I didn't catch the English broadcast, but I agree with this. As much as Mauro can make a pig's ear of the commentary, coupled with the right person he does a good job. Miletich is, as you say, a great analyst, impartial and balanced. His approach compliments Mauro's and keeps him in check. Together they make a good team. Perhaps the best in my opinion.
KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:31 pm
M-1 Vadim talks about Fedor vs Monson, Putin and the future Vadim
Wolfman
Wolfman

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:10 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:M-1 Vadim talks about Fedor vs Monson, Putin and the future Vadim

lol! Genious.

One question, where does your picture come from anyway?
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:15 pm
I was watching the Fedor fight with Russian commentary, Pride & UFC legend Oleg Taktarov was commentating and it was awesome.

I knew Dana was gonna decline to Vadim's offer by letting Fedor fight Cain.
The guy has no balls and is all talk. Fuck that bald clown.
monaroCountry

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:26 pm
RussianTopTeam wrote:I was watching the Fedor fight with Russian commentary, Pride & UFC legend Oleg Taktarov was commentating and it was awesome.

I knew Dana was gonna decline to Vadim's offer by letting Fedor fight Cain.
The guy has no balls and is all talk. Fuck that bald clown.

All talk Dana!!!

KSW
KSW

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:44 pm
Wolfman wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:M-1 Vadim talks about Fedor vs Monson, Putin and the future Vadim

lol! Genious.

One question, where does your picture come from anyway?
It´s from the movie Chopper
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum