GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Wanderlei Silva  to Dana: Don't induct me into Hall of Fame, because I won't go! Empty Wanderlei Silva to Dana: Don't induct me into Hall of Fame, because I won't go!

Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:17 pm
mmamania.com - Oct 7 2014

Wanderlei Silva  to Dana: Don't induct me into Hall of Fame, because I won't go! Wanderlei.0_standard_730.0.0_standard_730.0.0.0_standard_709.0

Would the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Hall of Fame be incomplete without the inclusion of storied mixed martial arts (MMA) veteran and former PRIDE FC champion Wanderlei Silva?

It may not matter.

"The Axe Murderer" doesn't want anything to do with the promotion's hallowed halls, after a bitter falling out with the sport he helped make famous. While his unceremonious exit is partly due to his run in with Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC), Silva is not looking back.

From his conversation with Submission Radio.

"No, no, no. For me, it's done. I (will) not fight anymore. For anyone. I don't want (it). If the guys invite me I won't accept, because my Hall of Fame is my fans. My fans are the Hall of Fame. Not him. He does not decide who goes into the Hall of Fame. The fans decide. He can't decide everything. No. The guys go to the Hall of Fame just for him (laughs). No way man, I don't accept. If the guy is asking me, I don't go."

As for his relationship with UFC President Dana White, who Pete Rose'd him just last month?

Silva insists they share a mutual respect, and the Brazilian is not upset over his career earnings (see the grand total here). But all that talk about screwing fighters was directed toward the younger generation, like former UFC bantamweight champion Renan Barao, among others.

Regarding the NSAC? The "war" has just begun...

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/10/7/6934857/wanderlei-silva-has-message-ufc-dont-induct-me-hall-of-fame-wont-go-mma
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Wanderlei Silva  to Dana: Don't induct me into Hall of Fame, because I won't go! Empty Re: Wanderlei Silva to Dana: Don't induct me into Hall of Fame, because I won't go!

Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:05 am
Good.

The Zuffa Hall Of Fame is a total joke.

No Frank Shamrock and no Wanderlei Silva.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Wanderlei Silva  to Dana: Don't induct me into Hall of Fame, because I won't go! Empty Re: Wanderlei Silva to Dana: Don't induct me into Hall of Fame, because I won't go!

Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:24 am
He beat Keith jardine,Michael bisping,cung le,and Brian stann not really an impressive resume to enter a hall of fame....

but considering Stephan bonnar is in it never holding a title or beating anyone of any real value ....wandy could be a candidate on money making ....

But wandy is a pride legend and global mma hall of famer he doesn't need ufc hall of fame.

Frankly he didn't need to fight in ufc at all to prove he was a great of all time.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:41 pm
Wand is great. Love seeing him tell Zuffa to get lost.
SRC
SRC

Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:10 pm
Who cares it's a joke and Wand is irrelevant in the history of the UFC. I'll remember him for his awesome PRIDE fights and run.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:29 am
Shame he had to cheat and ruin his legacy - oh wait, never mind, tons of UFC HOFers are PED cheats.
SRC
SRC

Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:08 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:Shame he had to cheat and ruin his legacy - oh wait, never mind, tons of UFC HOFers are PED cheats.

They at least won titles in the UFC, Wand didn't.
fka
fka

Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:22 pm
Neither did Stephan bonnar......
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:29 am
Wang belongs in the MMA hall of fame
fka
fka

Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:44 am
Who is this Wang you speak of....?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum