GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva vs. Roy Nelson Slated for UFC 146 Empty Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva vs. Roy Nelson Slated for UFC 146

Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:42 pm
And I thought the UFC didn't to freakshow fights... and I'm not just talikin' about Silva. Laughing

Anyway, I'd like to see Silva show some UFC HW's that only the best weren't in the UFC. I'm still not convinced that Barnett or Sergei will get signed by Zuffa.

Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva vs. Roy Nelson Slated for UFC 146
By Shaun Al-Shatti - mmafighting.com

Mar 7, 2012 - Antonio Silva's long-awaited Octagon debut is finally on the books.

Announced Wednesday, "Bigfoot" has agreed to face Roy "Big Country" Nelson in a heavyweight tilt at UFC 146, slated for May 26, 2012 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV. UFC officials confirmed the bout via Twitter.

Silva and Nelson join their heavyweight brethren on the Memorial Day weekend card, which is headlined by a mammoth title scrap between Junior dos Santos and Alistair Overeem. Notable fan-favorites Dan Hardy, Jason "Mayhem" Miller, Edson Barboza, and Diego Brandao are also among the confirmed participants.

Considered to be one of the top scores of Strikeforce's heavyweight migration, Silva (16-3) enters the UFC fresh from a roller-coaster run through the promotion's heavyweight grand prix.

"Bigfoot" notched a stunning upset in the tourney's opening round, dominating Fedor Emelianenko en route to a second-round TKO finish and handing the PRIDE legend just his second loss in over a decade. However Silva's victory would be short-lived, as he then fell victim to an overhand right from injury-replacement Daniel Cormier early in their semi-final match.

Likewise, Nelson (16-7) hopes to rebound after dropping a ‘Fight of the Night' decision loss to Fabricio Werdum last month. Following the setback, the 35-year-old former TUF winner has now lost three of his last four contests to top opponents, with his only win coming in a three-round war that would prove to be Mirko Cro Cop's final MMA match.

Though despite his struggles, "Big Country" has gained recent notoriety for an online bet he made with the mixed martial arts community, in which he pledged to drop to light heavyweight if he gained 100,000 Facebook ‘likes' within two weeks. Just days into the wager, Nelson is already approaching his mark, so it remains to be seen if UFC 146 will be his final bout at heavyweight.

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/3/7/2852437/roy-nelson-vs-antonio-bigfoot-silva-ufc-146

KSW
KSW

Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva vs. Roy Nelson Slated for UFC 146 Empty Re: Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva vs. Roy Nelson Slated for UFC 146

Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:50 pm
Bigfoot is a bit of a mystery to me. He looked good against Arlovski, Fedor and Werdum (before gassing) but then he was really slow in fights like against Cormier and Kyle. I´m afraid Nelson will land an overhand but overall Bigfoot should be the better fighter. Both guys have a good ground game and I don´t think it will end via submission. I pick Bigfoot via TKO.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva vs. Roy Nelson Slated for UFC 146 Empty Re: Antonio 'Bigfoot' Silva vs. Roy Nelson Slated for UFC 146

Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:24 pm
Bigfoot should, by all means, win this fight. But Nelson's big hand hitting Bigfoot's big, shaky jaw worries me...

Bigfoot UD3.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:51 pm
shocked Big Country hasn't gotten kicked out yet
Kinosis
Kinosis

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:46 am
^They probably don't want Fedor to have any name fighters to fight.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:02 pm
RussianTopTeam wrote:shocked Big Country hasn't gotten kicked out yet

Same - well, sort of: Big Country might be a "slob," but fans identify with him - he's my Dad's favourite fighter, lol.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:54 pm
This card has 4 HW fights. Looks like a (fake) HWGP. Interesting....

The Big foot vs Big belly fight is a freak show indeed, but i have to admit i want to watch it. Laughing
AG208
AG208

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:57 pm
Wolfman wrote:This card has 4 HW fights. Looks like a fake HWGP. Interesting....

The Big foot vs Big belly fight is a freak show indeed, but i have to admit i want to watch it. Laughing

If this was some kind of HWGP it would be just absolutely awful, via doesn't have Mark Hunt in it. But on a real note, I'm really pumped for this card, lots of HWs, lots of entertaining fights.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:06 pm
True. I said it looked like a GP because there's too many HW in the card. That's ok since people love HW.

This card has some interesting fights, and an awesome main event IMO.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum