GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sergey Kovalev vs Bernard Hopkins - 11.08.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

+6
iforgotmypassword
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Kingfedor
backdoor to zuffa
nodogoshi
TeamJohnPerretti
10 posters
Go down
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Sergey Kovalev vs Bernard Hopkins - 11.08.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Empty Sergey Kovalev vs Bernard Hopkins - 11.08.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:55 am
Sergey Kovalev vs Bernard Hopkins - 11.08.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  10374525_10100674362648805_6899165055790866210_n

Sergey Kovalev vs Bernard Hopkins
November 8, 2014
Boardwalk Hall
Atlantic City, USA Sergey Kovalev vs Bernard Hopkins - 11.08.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Us
TV: HBO Time: 10pm ET

WBA ,IBF ,WBO  Super World Light Heavyweight Title
Bernard Hopkins                       vs.                      Sergey Kovalev
                                      Welterweight
Sadam Ali                                vs.                  Luis Carlos Abregu
                                 Light Heavyweight
Nadjib Mohammedi                   vs.                   Demetrius Walker

Next Saturday!!!!!

Bernard Hopkins:

“He a dangerous puncher. He has over 90% knockouts. And anybody who fights this guy has the opportunity to not be the same. But I don’t get caught up in what the other guy might or can do. I train. I study. I know me.

There’s no fighter in the world that would not put my record up to beat on any given day in this era, in any class. And that’s how I feel. That’s not being cocky. That’s being confident. To be confident you have to have a track record and put that work in to be taken seriously. You can talk about it, but to be about it, is whole different concept.”
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Sergey Kovalev vs Bernard Hopkins - 11.08.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Empty Re: Sergey Kovalev vs Bernard Hopkins - 11.08.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:57 am
“We’re dealing with a freak of nature in Kovalev, he might be the hardest puncher in the history of boxing, we’ll see,” said Bernard Hopkins’ trainer Naazim Richardson on Tuesday. “Bernard can watch Kovalev’s tapes, but until you feel the punches you don’t know what it is. We don’t know how hard he can punch, but we’ve fought some guys who could punch.

We saw with Pavlik, Tarver and Trinidad, those guys had power. The only thing Bernard hasn’t done in this sport is lose badly, so I told him to get out of this sport before he does everything. But he proved me wrong because then he beat Pavlik and Pascal and all of the other guys.”

Sergey Kovalev and Bernard Hopkins collide November 8 in Atlantic City in a 12-round unification bout for the IBF, WBA and WBO light heavyweight world titles.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/naazim-richardson-kovalev-a-freak-of-nature-266370
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Sergey Kovalev vs Bernard Hopkins - 11.08.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Empty Re: Sergey Kovalev vs Bernard Hopkins - 11.08.14 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:05 am
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:27 am
I'm going with Hopkins.

He will look to make it his fight.

But, I'm not confident at all in that prediction.

This is how Hopkins fights always are.

Actually, Kovalev should probably win.

Hopkins must make Kovalev fight his fight.

Kovalev should probably win.

I'm changing my prediction.
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:39 am
^ LOL.

I really have no idea who's going to win. Hopkins is always the safe bet, but Kovalev possesses inhuman power and actually has good skills himself. I'm really hoping for a big Kovalev win. Just impossible for me to make a confident prediction either way.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:24 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:04 pm
RIP BHop.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:05 am
Kovalev has got this, really.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:55 am
John David Jackson, trainer of WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev, likes his man’s chances against WBA/IBF king Bernard Hopkins on November 8 in Atlantic City.

“I feel he is definitely mentally ready and focused for this fight. I believe having the baby gives him a lot of extra motivation,” said Jackson. “Everything is shaping up real nice. I want him to hit Hopkins everywhere, his shoulder, his arms, body shots. Sergey is more athletic. He has power in both hands. He’s not robotic like Hopkins is.

Sergey cuts the ring off. Bernard can’t match him power for power. Sergey won’t be bothered by bothered by Bernard’s talk stuff. He won’t let that get to him. He will block it out. He is that ready.

“Sergey will take advantage of his punching power.” Don’t forget, Sergey is a smart boxer. He’s going to hurt Bernard to the body. He (Sergey) can think in the ring. I let him be comfortable with what he can do. He has good defense which is going to catch Bernard off guard.”

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/john-david-jackson-kovalev-not-robotic-like-hopkins-267014
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:32 pm
nodogoshi wrote:Kovalev has got this, really.

Hopkins's chin is not what it was. I remember Pascal hurting him badly multiple times; two hard fights for BHop against a pretty mediocre opponent, it has to be said.

I just think once Kov touches him, Hop will be in trouble. It's hard to imagine him getting knocked out, but I think that's what will inevitably happen.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:55 pm
Legendary WBA/IBF light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins, who turns 50 in two months, says he represents all older folks when he unifies against WBO champ Sergey Kovalev on HBO this Saturday.

Hopkins stated, “What motivates Bernard Hopkins is every 40 and up person out there that’s living, whatever job they have that they are afraid that this young intern is coming to take it and they can relate to that, then they will root for me and they will be for me, and I’m representing them. And so, black, white, Chinese, Muslim, Christian, Jewish, it doesn’t make any difference, they will look at the age and they will say “Rumble, old man, rumble,” and I will do that.

And I will make them proud when I’m done November 8th being the undisputed light heavyweight champion of the world for the second time in my 20 plus year career, going on three decades.”

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/hopkins-says-he-represents-40-fans-against-kovalev-267316
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:52 am
Great weekend of boxing. I wouldnt torrent UFC if you payed me.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:24 am
IBF and WBA light heavyweight world champion Bernard “The Alien” Hopkins and WBO light heavyweight world champion Sergey “Krusher” Kovalev hosted a Brooklyn media workout at the famed Gleason’s Gym before their unification showdown on Saturday at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City live on HBO World Championship Boxing.

Sergey Kovalev:

“Fifty is just a number. I think nothing of his age. If he was old he would be retired, but he’s still in there. He’s not an old man, he’s a young alien. I’m really excited for this fight. I will do my job and anything I need to do to win. Bernard likes to push everybody, inside the ring or outside. We’re ready to begin. We’re ready to fight. I feel like I’ve been fighting him for two months going to the gym every day.

“I don’t know what will happen November 8 because this is sports, this is boxing. But I will be ready. I will get a chance to be undisputed and I’m ready to do it. That is my goal. I need to do what I do and do it very well. I can think back and remember everything from early in my career, but I don’t want to do that. It was often very terrible and it was hard to get to this stage and this place. I was searching around for any promoter but no one would sign me. I fought for three years for free. In 2013, Kathy Duva signed me and my career has gotten much better. Being on a big fight on TV is what I’ve always wanted. Egis Klimas paid for everything when I was starting out, my opponents, my clothes and my food. He invested a lot into me.

“This fight is a great opportunity for me to create my history for me and my family. I will do that. When my son grows up he will be able to look at this and say, ‘that is my father.’ He can see that I did it for him. I can’t make any predictions. We will see everything on November 8. It’s boxing, it’s a fight. For me, any fight like this is a street fight, anything can happen.

“I’m going to go in to fight. I’m going to box, I’m going to show that I can fight with the best light heavyweight right now. From my side everything will be clean and fair. I don’t know what he will be doing. My life has already changed but this fight means everything.”

Bernard Hopkins:

“There are so many things I’ve done that the world of boxing has witnessed. It’s going to be difficult for the boxing people to pick one of my performances as the best. I’ve done so many unpredictable things and so profoundly. Even the people who want to go against me, are afraid to go against me. They’ve been wrong so many times. A lot of them are just being mum right now. They must feel I can still do things. This is a great position to be in. I don’t really believe there is any fighter, in any decade that can be in my position of luxury that I’ve been in for many years.

“Early on in my career I had the kind of anxious where you couldn’t sleep at night. That anxiousness is like a virus we all have in us. Some you can deal with but some will wipe you out. The Pavlik fight was the first time I heard the masses put the word knockout attached to my opponent. I’m real keen on what people say. Ninety percent of it might be garbage, but something in there might be the plan. That woke me up and I knew I wanted to destroy.

“The only thing I can do is be right about what I say. Because I know I’m being watched. I understand what I’m facing. All I can do is put the work behind it. I didn’t need to take any fight for the last 10 years. But I’ve always fought the best and I’ve always wanted to prove myself to the best. I always not only want push the envelope in my career but I also have an itch for going against the grain.

“Enjoy that you can see me now. I would love to see the great Michael Jordan and Julius Erving in their younger days, but they’re gone. Look at me at 50, I’m going to eat right and live right so I can take less punches and look normal. This fight isn’t about boxing, it’s something deeper than that. I was made to be where I’m at. I just had to go through some challenges, so that I can educate others later.”

nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:14 pm
Kovalev has this.

The only problem is this has been said about Hopkins so many times.

I feel like he's going to come kick my ass if I pick against him and I'm wrong.

But, I really do think Kovalev should win this fight.

But, what if he turns out to be a shitty boxer, and Hopkins takes him to school?

I watched a lot of his fights before. I don't think he's that shitty. But he isn't a boxing ace. Look what Hopkins did to Pavlek.

But, I really do think Kovalev has this.

But I hope Hopkins wins.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:17 pm
Kovalev has this.

He's a good fighter.

That's my pick.

But, I hope Hopkins proves me wrong.

Hopkins, by the way, is not a good fighter, but a great fighter. One of the greatest fighters.

But, he's long, long past his prime. He's so great, he wins anyway. But I think Kovalev may be too much.

Kovalev is my pick.

But I want Hopkins to win so badly. I really want to pick Hopkins.

The head says Kovalev, the heart says Hopkins.

War Hopkins.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:18 pm
WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev is currently running as a -250 favorite to defeat 49-year-old WBA/IBF champion Bernard Hopkins in their unification clash on Saturday in Atlantic City.

B-Hop backers can get +210. Over/Under is 9.5 rounds. “Over” is -130, “Under” is +110.
Heretic
Heretic

Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:17 am
it would be amazing if Bernard won this match at his age but i am leaning toward Kovalev
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:03 pm
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:08 am
Complete domination by Kovalev. He didn't lose a round. Big respect to BHOP for taking this fight and those big punches.
Adax

Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:52 am
backdoor to zuffa wrote:Complete domination by Kovalev. He didn't lose a round. Big respect to BHOP for taking this fight and those big punches.

Yeah some of those shots from Kovalev would've shut down people 20 years younger than Bhop.
sparkuri
sparkuri

Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:32 am
Bhop has been my favorite all around personality to watch over the decades because of his defensive prowess, longevity and candid detailed post fight analysis.

Despite that, after mocking Kovalev in the 12th I wouldn't have minded seeing him get KO'd.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:39 am
Full Fight Video

Last edited by Golden Age on Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:44 am
After the great effort light-heavyweight warriors Sergey Kovalev and Bernard Hopkins displayed last night in Atlantic city, a number of fellow big names from the sport have paid tribute – to the amazingly tough and resilient 49-year-old living legend Hopkins mostly – via Twitter:

Andre Berto: “Bhop the roughest old man I ever saw. Bhop is a legend much more respect will go down as one of the best to do it.”

Lou DiBella: “@THEREALBHOP lost every minute of fight. Forced into survival mode early. Went out like a man, with no stunts or BS. Respect to a HOFer.”

Deontay Wilder: “Say what you want but @THEREALBHOP is tough. Respect for going all 12.”

Demetrius Andrade: “Bhop is the man lol..True dog.”

Cornelius Bundrage: “Bernard, I got the torch don’t worry about it 40+”

Peter Quillin: “Congratulations to @KrusherKovalev on his win and respect to@THEREALBHOP.”

Kendall Holt: “I don’t think B-Hop age had anything to do with tonight. His opponent was just better at executing his game plan.”

Eddie Chambers: “Bhop is 50 and still in that ring competing!”

Amir Khan: “A lot of respect for the legend @THREALBHOP he put on a great fight against the tough @KrusherKovalev well done guys.”

Thomas Hearns: “Conrats to my great friend @THEREALBHOP the #alien one of the greatest to ever do it #RESPECT.”

Audley Harrison: “Although he didn’t win, #alien has taken #Krusher the distance. Likely will call time, but what a journey.”

Nathan Cleverly: “I will say it again, Sergey Kovalev is a different breed. #BEAST. Big respect to Bernard Hopkins for taking the fight. Too many “fighters” ducking and dodging big fights. Kovalev just too good.”
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:45 am
Newly unified WBA/IBF/WBO light heavyweight world champion Sergey Kovalev and 49-year-old boxing legend Bernard Hopkins spoke to the press after Kovalev’s decisive victory in their unification fight on Saturday night in Atlantic City.

Sergey Kovalev: “First I want to say the most important thing to me: I’ve reached one of my dreams in professional boxing…Bernard Hopkins is unbelievable despite his age, we went twelve rounds and I have huge respect for him…it wasn’t easier fight than I thought, it was hard, but thankfully I was prepared to go twelve rounds.”

Bernard Hopkins: “Am I going to fight again? That’s like asking a woman after an hour of labor to have another kid…I was trying to turn things around, until the end. Even in the last round until the bell rang…I couldn’t overpower him. I felt like a middleweight in there against a cruiserweight. I simply couldn’t engage…tonight Kovalev was the better man.”
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum