GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Glory: Tyrone Spong, Gokhan Saki, Joe Schilling  Empty Glory: Tyrone Spong, Gokhan Saki, Joe Schilling

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:12 am
Glory Kickboxing has been airing on Spike TV in the U.S. and even took a stab at the North American PPV market but it looks like the high tide might be receding as several top fighters are coming out to complain that their contracts have been allowed to lapse.

Tyron Spong was the latest to complain about being left in limbo as he told MMA Fighting last week in Brazil that his contract has expired and has not been renewed. He's contracted to World Series of Fighting for MMA. He suffered an Anderson Silva-style shin break against Gokhan Saki earlier this year.

Saki is also in contractual limbo. The Glory Light Heavyweight champ told the Fight Network all about it in September.

Dave Walsh commented on the Saki situation at Liver Kick:

There have been endless rumors swirling around about GLORY over the past few months, including rumors about certain fighters' contracts expiring. This doesn't exactly mean that these fighters are going to leave GLORY, but contract negotiations are a serious thing and money does speak louder than words or promises for a lot of fighters. One of which that we've known about for a while now is Gokhan Saki. There have been issues between GLORY management and Saki's team for a while now, only for the latest to be talk of his GLORY contract expiring and him having offers from promoters in Russia and Dubai (Dubai being where he's currently training).

Glory Middleweight contender Joe Schilling complained to MMA Mania about his nebulous contract status with the promotion as well:

"We thought that there was another fight on the contract, but after going back over it, it was a two-fight guaranteed with a third-fight option," Schilling explained. "My contract expired along with Spong's and Saki's. So GLORY is taking credit on the internet -- Liverkick did a write up about it -- trying to give GLORY credit for co-promoting it or allowing me to go. They had absolutely nothing to do with it. I'm a free agent. My contract expired and Bellator offered me a good deal and we took it, but it had absolutely nothing to do with GLORY."

"We've been told they want to start to negotiate a new one, but nothing is happening with that yet. They allowed my contract to expire. Bellator offered me a new one and we took it. The wording in the Bellator contract does allow me to fight outside of Bellator for kickboxing. It doesn't have to be just GLORY, there are other promotions available as well. I'm out of my contract with GLORY, this deal had nothing to do with GLORY and It's kind of shocking to me that they would let my contract expire."

Meanwhile Glory's CEO is talking to our own Fraser Coffeen about ambitious expansion plans and schemes to sign UFC fighters like Donald Cerrone to kickboxing deals.

Up next for Glory is Glory 18 Oklahoma on November 7. After that, there will be one more 2014 show in December, a month off in January, and they are shooting for a full slate of 10 shows in 2015, with the majority taking place in the US. All will air on Spike, and there are hopes to get the Superfight Series on US TV as well, plus bring Glory to even more international channels. Stay tuned to Bloody Elbow for more updates as we have them.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/10/28/7086239/glory-kickboxing-lets-biggest-stars-contracts-lapse-spong-saki
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Glory: Tyrone Spong, Gokhan Saki, Joe Schilling  Empty Re: Glory: Tyrone Spong, Gokhan Saki, Joe Schilling

Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:31 pm
Glory is in big trouble, cant resign biggest stars. Glory is on way out...LEGEND will sign them!
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Glory: Tyrone Spong, Gokhan Saki, Joe Schilling  Empty Re: Glory: Tyrone Spong, Gokhan Saki, Joe Schilling

Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:36 pm
Like I said before it was a huge f#cking mistake to go to USA. Glory wanted to become the UFC of kickboxing but europe is the place to be. Come back to Holland, lick your wounds and start focusing on the HW division again.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:50 pm
FFS glory please just be sensible! id rather have you around doing lesser shows than not be around at all

pleaseeee
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:38 pm
stu3ufc wrote:FFS glory please just be sensible! id rather have you around doing lesser shows than not be around at all

pleaseeee
Does Superkombat have the money to sign these guys? If that´s the case I´m all for them leaving Glory. There should be no exclusive contracts in combat sports anyways.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:30 pm
Really hope these guys follow Schilling to bellator Smile

Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Now stu3ufc will write that they should come to cagewarriors LOL
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:10 pm
LEGENDMMA=PRIDEFC wrote:Now  stu3ufc will write that they should come to cagewarriors LOL
He did ditch Superkombat for cagewarriors pretty quick.

Glory: Tyrone Spong, Gokhan Saki, Joe Schilling  363752308
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:41 pm
Lmao you guys are funny Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum