GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC Uniform Deal Coming

+4
Hamilcar
Rocksoldier84
CDF47
TeamJohnPerretti
8 posters
Go down
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

UFC Uniform Deal Coming Empty UFC Uniform Deal Coming

Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:57 pm
If you look at any MMA fighter, you will see them walk down to the cage decked out in sponsor logos and when they enter the cage, the banner will also be clamoured with even more. The UFC is looking to turn away from the norm.

According to sources close to the discussions, UFC President Dana White has been making some of the calls to the athletes letting them know the exact details.

From what we are hearing, in fight sponsorships will be done with in 2015 and fighter’s will have to push their merchandise in order to earn a percentage of the earnings. It’s obvious that the bigger name fighters will do well for themselves, however the up and comers will take a big hit.

The UFC is expected to make an announcement regarding uniforms some time this week.

http://mmasucka.com/2014/12/01/ufc-uniform-deal-means-end-cage-athlete-sponsorship/
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

UFC Uniform Deal Coming Empty Re: UFC Uniform Deal Coming

Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:08 pm
UFC uniforms...WTF? This is some really stupid shit.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:57 pm
So everyone outside the main event fighters are getting screwed. How does this help? Morale will likely drop and it will be hard to make new stars if they all look alike.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:31 pm
They're all the same, might as well have them dress the same.

I predict black trunks with the UFC logo on them.

It looks like the UFC is committed to suicide. Look for fighters to be heading to BELLAFORCE now.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:08 pm
Its with reebok!

UFC
UFC Uniform Deal Coming B33VURXIQAE53_6

wekka
wekka

Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:22 pm
Lol at rankings dictating your profit
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:26 pm
Hopefully fighters will start leaving in droves.

I am sure the smaller MMA clothing companies are loving this. I wonder how many will be out of business this month.

UFC and their puppet MMA media now totally control the fighter sponsor money.  Unreal.  Knowing Zuffa, the fighters will be getting screwed bad here (at least for the next 6 years which is the length of the contract).  Good thing there are other options for at least some who can get out.

There will be the generic black trunk UFC fighter vs. the generic blue trunk UFC fighter.  That will be cool to see over and over and over again for 450 fights per year,..., just like their opening theme songs and intros.

Where is PRIDE???????
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:42 pm
This truly is disgusting! UFC are killing the fucking sport
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:22 pm
Just got done reading a host of articles about it (the best one is Ben Fowlkes'). From what I gather:

1. The trunks will be customizable, not only in style and type of trunks but also with whatever current sponsors of the UFC the fighter chooses.
2. Fighter sponsor pay will be determined entirely by the UFC's ranking system (that will soon be revamped).
3. Sponsor banners and clothing are to be done away with.
4. A fighters out of fight and fight week extra earnings are to come from sale of fighter specific merchandise.

It's pretty well a deal that only looks good for high ranked and super popular fighters.

Also, Why uniforms? Why does the UFC pin all of it's aspirations to looking like a ball sport? Why are ball sports their measure of greatness? I never hear the mobster or White say, "We do this because this is what boxing does." It is always them trying to imitate the NFL and MBA. It doesn't make any sense! No other combat sport has uniforms!
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:19 am
The UFC is fucking plastered with sponsors everywhere. The octagon is plastered with their own fucking sponsors from multi million dollar deals....but god forbid a fighter bring a banner with his own sponsors that he got for himself or have sponsors printed on his shorts/ T-shirt.

The UFC make me physically sick the way they treat fighters in the sport. I'm glad I have turned my back on this sport
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:06 am
This sounds sleezy. Really, does anyone outside of Zuffa Zombies believe Dana when he says the UFC doesn't make a dime off this? This sounds like a deal where UFC once again makes off like greedy bandits. How does the UFC not benefit the most when they force fighters during fight week, weigh-ins, coming to the cage, fights, and post fight press conferences wearing nothing but Reebok crap? I'm sure the big name fighters will make good money but anyone from the middle to the bottom will make jackshit. Think Reebok is going to be paying the prelim guys more money then they were already making? How does having a bunch of shill decide who gets paid what based on rankings help?

Here's something else to consider. Fighters already fight safe because they don't want to lose their jobs. Do you think fighters, even the top ranked ones will take any chances? Hell no. Fighters will now fight more safe and more boring because one loss sends them down the rankings and if they go down the rankings then they lose money.

This whole thing is GREED all capital letters. The UFC are greedy for doing this and the fighter will be greedy and fight more conservative because they want the most money.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:28 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:This sounds sleezy. Really, does anyone outside of Zuffa Zombies believe Dana when he says the UFC doesn't make a dime off this? This sounds like a deal where UFC once again makes off like greedy bandits. How does the UFC not benefit the most when they force fighters during fight week, weigh-ins, coming to the cage, fights, and post fight press conferences wearing nothing but Reebok crap? I'm sure the big name fighters will make good money but anyone from the middle to the bottom will make jackshit. Think Reebok is going to be paying the prelim guys more money then they were already making? How does having a bunch of shill decide who gets paid what based on rankings help?

Here's something else to consider. Fighters already fight safe because they don't want to lose their jobs. Do you think fighters, even the top ranked ones will take any chances? Hell no. Fighters will now fight more safe and more boring because one loss sends them down the rankings and if they go down the rankings then they lose money.

This whole thing is GREED all capital letters. The UFC are greedy for doing this and the fighter will be greedy and fight more conservative because they want the most money.
Well spoken bro!
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:30 am
stu3ufc wrote:Its with reebok!

UFC
UFC Uniform Deal Coming B33VURXIQAE53_6

Reebok is from now on a trashy brand.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:12 am
Golden Age wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:This sounds sleezy. Really, does anyone outside of Zuffa Zombies believe Dana when he says the UFC doesn't make a dime off this? This sounds like a deal where UFC once again makes off like greedy bandits. How does the UFC not benefit the most when they force fighters during fight week, weigh-ins, coming to the cage, fights, and post fight press conferences wearing nothing but Reebok crap? I'm sure the big name fighters will make good money but anyone from the middle to the bottom will make jackshit. Think Reebok is going to be paying the prelim guys more money then they were already making? How does having a bunch of shill decide who gets paid what based on rankings help?

Well spoken bro!

Thanks.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:35 am
Thats a solid point Rocksoldier84 that I hadn't considered! I really hope that doesn't happen because the fights are boring most of the times and this decision to pay based on rankings is very bad!

UFC are going to kill the sport! They will imploed soon! I can feel it
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:15 am
UFC Uniform Deal Coming B38JfvZCEAAtBCB

courtsey of mistermyers777
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:45 pm

Really good points.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:49 pm
Nate Quarry Speaking Truth About this Bull Shit Deal:
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/12/3/7325699/nate-quarry-blasts-ufc-for-mandatory-uniform-and-sponsorship-deal

Dana says the journalists who develop the rankings will now be smaller, credible guys.... This is just a smaller panel that he can more easily control. Good article below:
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/12/3/7325647/after-reebok-uniform-deal-ufc-to-change-ranking-panel-to-smaller

Last edited by CDF47 on Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:53 am
Golden Age wrote:
Reebok is from now on a trashy brand.

Always thought their gear and especially there shoes was over overpriced and completly hideous.
westcott123
westcott123

UFC Uniform Deal Coming Empty westcott123

Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:19 am
gday folks im new to this site ive joined gmma on facebook so i have been there as for the ufc uniform deal good let them dig a bigger hole  UFC Uniform Deal Coming 550350388
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:21 am
westcott123 wrote:gday folks im new to this site ive joined gmma on facebook so i have been there as for the ufc uniform deal good let them dig a bigger hole  UFC Uniform Deal Coming 550350388
Welcome! Always nice to find good fans like you UFC Uniform Deal Coming 424776184

Keep fighting the good fight
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:56 am
thank you golden age  Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum