GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ganryujima Full Fight Videos

+8
iforgotmypassword
nodogoshi
stu3ufc
God of Thunder
fatty
TeamJohnPerretti
Hamilcar
umanosuke
12 posters
Go down
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Ganryujima Full Fight Videos - Page 2 Empty Re: Ganryujima Full Fight Videos

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:50 am
umanosuke wrote:Semifinal 1

Semifinal 2

Final

Thank you very much bro. Where do you find the videos?
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:20 am
I split the videos from the discussion thread so now all vids are in the op.
Adax

Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:48 am
Fun stuff! Hope there will be another event, it'd be nice to see if and how this grows.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:34 am
Look at how kickboxer Brian Douwes throws the sumo Boldo at 6 minutes Ganryujima Full Fight Videos - Page 2 424776184

Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:26 pm
That sumo guy was badass!!!!! I love this whole show!!!!!
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:25 am
Could this promotion give sumo another boost? I think this could be good for sumo to reach out to europe, america and other asian countries. At least I´m excited to check out Boldos sumo matches as well as the oldschool legends and stars of today.
fatty
fatty

Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:24 am
Can some one please explain what the ground rules are for this event? I don't understand the referees constant interference. Sometimes it seems the referees would allow the fighters to punch their opponent on the ground & other times they would not, also are kicks, knees, elbows & head buts allowed on ground?
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:39 am
rezin wrote:Yup. This is way better than mma. The rule-set and platform could use a bit of tweaking but for sure the ring out and clothes make this way more entertaining. Em-em-ey is dead.

mma has been destroyed by the cage and unified rules

promotions are only speeding up the death of mma. Bellator putting on Kimbo-Ken Shamrock in 2015 is a perfect example
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:43 am
nodogoshi wrote:Definitely better entertainment than UFC.

Yes. This was entertaining and fun. Zuffa puts on garbage shows for their garbage fan base.

Bring on Ganryujima 2!!!!!!!!!!!! Ganryujima Full Fight Videos - Page 2 4086640091 Ganryujima Full Fight Videos - Page 2 469908358 Ganryujima Full Fight Videos - Page 2 4105382097 Very Happy
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:55 pm
fatty wrote:Can some one please explain what the ground rules are for this event? I don't understand the referees constant interference. Sometimes it seems the referees would allow the fighters to punch their opponent on the ground & other times they would not, also are kicks, knees, elbows & head buts allowed on ground?

Yeah I have not seen an explanation. I think all of those are allowed. I remember seeing they allow headbutts, so.
But, the ref for the event did seem pretty consistent for a ref. It looked like, for the most part, he did not want any ground and pound at all. I think for this competition that is a good idea. Let the guy get a hit or two in, see if it does anything, if not stand them up. With no submissions and competitors with no ground game, once alot of them get pounded on the ground there is very little they can do. To keep it competitive you have to stand them up quickly.
For this org, the ground and pound rules only allow for one extra way to win: throw 'em on the ground and try for a quick tko. It allows for some variety, but I would not be surprised if they eliminated ground and pound from their org in the future.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:46 am
TeamJohnPerretti wrote: Bellator putting on Kimbo-Ken Shamrock in 2015 is a perfect example

MMA is stagnant
fatty
fatty

Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:45 pm
Hamilcar wrote:
fatty wrote:Can some one please explain what the ground rules are for this event? I don't understand the referees constant interference. Sometimes it seems the referees would allow the fighters to punch their opponent on the ground & other times they would not, also are kicks, knees, elbows & head buts allowed on ground?

Yeah I have not seen an explanation.  I think all of those are allowed.  I remember seeing they allow headbutts, so.  
But, the ref for the event did seem pretty consistent for a ref.  It looked like, for the most part, he did not want any ground and pound at all.  I think for this competition that is a good idea.  Let the guy get a hit or two in, see if it does anything, if not stand them up.  With no submissions and competitors with no ground game, once alot of them get pounded on the ground there is very little they can do.  To keep it competitive you have to stand them up quickly.  
For this org, the ground and pound rules only allow for one extra way to win: throw 'em on the ground and try for a quick tko.  It allows for some variety, but I would not be surprised if they eliminated ground and pound from their org in the future.

I cant wait to see another one of these it was great. I mean no disrespect when I say this but I never laughed so much at fights before. Some of it was very impressive but some was just hilarious.
fatty
fatty

Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:46 pm
Hamilcar wrote:

Yeah I have not seen an explanation.  I think all of those are allowed.  I remember seeing they allow headbutts, so.  
But, the ref for the event did seem pretty consistent for a ref.  It looked like, for the most part, he did not want any ground and pound at all.  I think for this competition that is a good idea.  Let the guy get a hit or two in, see if it does anything, if not stand them up.  With no submissions and competitors with no ground game, once alot of them get pounded on the ground there is very little they can do.  To keep it competitive you have to stand them up quickly.  
For this org, the ground and pound rules only allow for one extra way to win: throw 'em on the ground and try for a quick tko.  It allows for some variety, but I would not be surprised if they eliminated ground and pound from their org in the future.

I cant wait to see another one of these man. I mean no disrespect when I say this because some of the fighters were very impressive but some of them made me legit lol.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:46 am
They have quick stand-ups from lack of punching on the ground, as the ground work will be allowed only if their is an attempt to finish the fight. Kicks to a grounded opponent is allowed but not to the head.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:21 pm
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum