GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Why does mma make about nationalism ? Empty Why does mma make about nationalism ?

Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:23 am
I don't really get how this whole thing started. when you heard commentators speak, they always make a big fuzz about this. I know there some mma fan take this seriously about nationalism.I think it's stupid making about nationalism.
Heretic
Heretic

Why does mma make about nationalism ? Empty Re: Why does mma make about nationalism ?

Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:13 am
I agree this is not the Olympics or FIFA I have always enjoyed many MMA fighters around the world especially the global talent in the PRIDE days
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Why does mma make about nationalism ? Empty Re: Why does mma make about nationalism ?

Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:28 am
I only care about the martial artists not the country they're from
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:55 pm
I care about the fighters and the show.

I like seeing fighters from different countries.

I'll never root for or against a fighter based on where they're from.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:21 pm
Yeah. I think it's different when you have something like Manny Pacquio where he's your ONE guy in the sport (or any sport) that represents your country. Then, go ahead, be nationalistic. But you can't do that with us Americans, when there are a million Americans competing at a high level in every sport (even Sumo).

Too, if you make it your schtick, Like Chris "The All American" Wiedman, then what do you do when you fight another American, like Luke Rockhold?

I don't have anything against nationalism at all, in any form. You wanna root for your country, go ahead. I think it's healthy. It just, doesn't always make sense.

I know there a few non-Americans, on this board. What do you guys think? I always got the impression that other countries don't have as big of a lenses or get to screen-hog as much as America and so you tend to be savor the sports moments where you get to root for your country.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:13 pm
Nationalism doesnt bother me. I just hate reading shit on sherdog like the brazilians all lost.... brazilian mma is dead... that nonsense.

I also HATE when I hear crowds boo a fighter for being apart of a country. I'm not a fan of the "uh vai morrer" chant either unless the fighter is a serious asshole and deserves it.

JAPAN crowds were the best ...bar fucking none....
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:41 pm
Hamilcar wrote:Yeah.  I think it's different when you have something like Manny Pacquio where he's your ONE guy in the sport (or any sport) that represents your country.  Then, go ahead, be nationalistic.  But you can't do that with us Americans, when there are a million Americans competing at a high level in every sport (even Sumo).  

Too, if you make it your schtick, Like Chris "The All American" Wiedman, then what do you do when you fight another American, like Luke Rockhold?  

I don't have anything against nationalism at all, in any form.  You wanna root for your country, go ahead.  I think it's healthy.  It just, doesn't always make sense.

I know there a few non-Americans, on this board.  What do you guys think?  I always got the impression that other countries don't have as big of a lenses or get to screen-hog as much as America and so you tend to be savor the sports moments where you get to root for your country.
Yeah Sweden is relatively small in the world of sports so I always root for my people.
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:11 pm
Heretic wrote:
I agree this is not the Olympics or FIFA .I have always enjoyed many MMA  fighters around the world especially the global talent in the PRIDE days
Dude, I think it's a stigma will stick around for a long time.

Hamilcar wrote:Yeah.  I think it's different when you have something like Manny Pacquio where he's your ONE guy in the sport (or any sport) that represents your country.  Then, go ahead, be nationalistic.  But you can't do that with us Americans, when there are a million Americans competing at a high level in every sport (even Sumo).  

The all amerian term get metioin when you history of playing college sport.
I don't have anything against nationalism at all, in any form.  You wanna root for your country, go ahead.  I think it's healthy.  It just, doesn't always make sense.

I know there a few non-Americans, on this board.  What do you guys think?  I always got the impression that other countries don't have as big of a lenses or get to screen-hog as much as America and so you tend to be savor the sports moments where you get to root for your country.
There version of all-american term but isn't related to sport.
The ''All-American' stereotype word that describes a can caucasian person who is clean cut, particularly a teenager or young adult. The stereotypically surged that a person has features of a blond-haired with lighted.Who lives in a small dual or suburban town in middles America.THis term is exclusively used by conservative people to describe their perfect vision of what they believe embodies a true american person. This stereotype media play out.Minority don't get called ALl-America.America fails to realize that just how racist the term ''All American it's. In reality, all of us who born in American,are all American.Foregin born also who become american citizen are also American. 

I know that American does love competitive sports. I don't know which countries are same level ,such as the united stated of share the same passion of for competitve sport.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:49 pm
kayneoTheRisingWarrior wrote:

The all amerian term get metioin when you history of playing college sport.

There version of all-american term but isn't related to sport.
The ''All-American' stereotype word that describes a can caucasian person who is clean cut, particularly a teenager or young adult. The stereotypically surged that a person has features of a blond-haired with lighted.Who lives in a small dual or suburban town in middles America.THis term is exclusively used by conservative people to describe their perfect vision of what they believe embodies a true american person. This stereotype media play out.Minority don't get called ALl-America.America fails to realize that just how racist the term ''All American it's. In reality, all of us who born in American,are all American.Foregin born also who become american citizen are also American. 
I would guess it´s because white people from europe came to the US and built the country as it is today (whith help from other races). Many white americans think they´re the true americans and the other "races" are just american citizens. This is why a pretty germanic looking person is considered the all-american.
Miike
Miike

Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:31 pm
Golden Age wrote:

Yeah Sweden is relatively small in the world of sports so I always root for my people.

This is kind of true, I always root for the Dutch fighters. I do think that a lot of Americans root for their fighter aswell when it's an American vs another nationality, but probably not as much as the smaller countries.

TeamJohnPerretti wrote:I care about the fighters and the show.

I like seeing fighters from different countries.

I'll never root for or against a fighter based on where they're from.

I disagree. I also would not root against a fighter based on where they're from but I do root for fighters based on where they're from sometimes. Some countries produce fighters all with a specific style/trademark or attitude/approach towards fighting. For instance; very aggressive/calm/tough/elusive.

Dutch fighters often have an aggresive forward style, so do Turkish, Brazillian fighters etc
Eastern European and Russian fighters often have a more calm and collected style
Latin fighters are generally considered to be very tough
Asian fighters are often more elusive and have a very respectfull approach

There are always exceptions but most of the time the majority of fighters coming from a certain country or region all have a specific style.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:37 pm
Miike wrote:
I disagree. I also would not root against a fighter based on where they're from but I do root for fighters based on where they're from sometimes. Some countries produce fighters all with a specific style/trademark or attitude/approach towards fighting. For instance; very aggressive/calm/tough/elusive.

Dutch fighters often have an aggresive forward style, so do Turkish, Brazillian fighters etc
Eastern European and Russian fighters often have a more calm and collected style
Latin fighters are generally considered to be very tough
Asian fighters are often more elusive and have a very respectfull approach

There are always exceptions but most of the time the majority of fighters coming from a certain country or region all have a specific style.

I always liked Japanese fighters. They tend to have an exciting style and do crazy things, like either technique wise or even something like egging on the crowd to cheer for the fight. They tend to have acknowledge MMA as a spectacle or spectator sport. They fight with the audience and fans in mind.
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:11 pm
stu3ufc wrote:Nationalism doesnt bother me. I just hate reading shit on sherdog like the brazilians all lost.... brazilian mma is dead... that nonsense.

I also HATE when I hear crowds boo a fighter for being apart of a country. I'm not a fan of the "uh vai morrer" chant either unless the fighter is a serious asshole and deserves it.

JAPAN crowds were the best ...bar fucking none....
I think it's more about battles who is more patriotism.Were do you draw the line ?
I do think MMA fans tend be  little weird.IMO
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:27 pm

yeah it's good to be proud and chant USA or whatever thats awesome but when it's just disrespectful like the conor fans at the aldo press conference ... MMA fans can be idiots.

I'm more into the budo side/ respect side of things being a martial artist myself. i admire a fighter so much for it. Like when I first saw Ishida vs Gomi in Pride... I saw Ishida enter the ring and bow to all 4 sides and I really admired him for that.

Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:47 pm
stu3ufc wrote:
yeah it's good to be proud and chant USA or whatever thats awesome but when it's just disrespectful like the conor fans at the aldo press conference ...  MMA fans can be idiots.

I'm more into the budo side/ respect side of things being a martial artist myself. i admire a fighter so much for it. Like when I first saw Ishida vs Gomi in Pride... I saw Ishida enter the ring and bow to all 4 sides and I really admired him for that.

I just happened across this video about Johnson and Horiguchi:

Listen to him talk about the respect that the Japanese had for him, between Horiguchi and himself (and then the lack of respect that McGregor displays Rolling Eyes [Oh, and also his story about Cat Zingano crying before her fight!!!Because WMMA LOL!!!!!] ). Respect. That is what martial arts is about. It's happened numerous times for myself: Even if we hate each other, after we fight, we have respect for each other. It's what martial arts does.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:29 pm
Yeah man I've seen that. Japanese fans are the best

what about this guy ahaha

ahahaha I love this guy!!!!!
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:32 pm
Maybe it's just me but the gimmick get really old and outdate. When you see a promotion going with nationalistic approach on the fight poster and the card. The promotion try to access casual people to easy go to the event. Yes there few mma fighter who are nationalist.
The gimmick about nationalism only work for the Olympic.

stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:34 am
kayneoTheRisingWarrior wrote:Maybe it's just me but the gimmick get really old and outdate. When you see  a promotion going with nationalistic approach on the fight poster and the card. The promotion try to access  casual people to easy go to the event. Yes there few mma fighter who are nationalist.
The gimmick about nationalism only work for the Olympic.

every UFC poster is this now

Why does mma make about nationalism ? UFC-Fight-Night-32-poster2

and

Why does mma make about nationalism ? UFC-Fight-Night-38-poster1

and

Why does mma make about nationalism ? 200px-UFC_FIGHT_NIGHT_30

see the pattern? Rolling LMAO
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum