GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is UFC a boxing clone shouldn't it be MMA.

+4
God of Thunder
westcott123
Rocksoldier84
CODELMJVG
8 posters
Go down
CODELMJVG
CODELMJVG

Why is UFC a boxing clone shouldn't it be MMA.  Empty Why is UFC a boxing clone shouldn't it be MMA.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:08 pm
Why did they go for the boxing concepts like rounds and 10 point must system. Exclusively Monopolizing the belt in a organization where no one else can get it unless you sign within the ufc. It's a pretty obvious boxing blueprint. Owning a fighter name and there likeness. There is no elements of old seg era concepts like tournaments or open weight the pure aspect of MMA. To pride or rings or Pancrase. UFC is not MMA by any stretch of form. Promotional and organization all in one is basically what there doing is illegal in boxing.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Why is UFC a boxing clone shouldn't it be MMA.  Empty Re: Why is UFC a boxing clone shouldn't it be MMA.

Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:35 pm
I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that a lot of people in the UFC like Dana White and Marc Ratner are boxing fans along with the ACs having similar rules to calm people down since there are people out there who think fighters are going to get killed during a fight.
westcott123
westcott123

Why is UFC a boxing clone shouldn't it be MMA.  Empty Re: Why is UFC a boxing clone shouldn't it be MMA.

Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:18 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that a lot of people in the UFC like Dana White and Marc Ratner are boxing fans along with the ACs having similar rules to calm people down since there are people out there who think fighters are going to get killed during a fight.

Of course even a ac said a knee to the head isn't any more dangerous than say an elbow plus in benefits the UFC since they managed to brain wash stupid people . We would never soccer kicks in western MMA because they would kill some one though for some funny reason they can never seem to name a fighter that was quote on quote killed because of that move .
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:12 am
It´s scary how easily Zuffa controls the mma scene and how people think it´s a worldwide independent mma league. WAMMA had a great idea where fighters from different promotions could compete in the ring to determine who´s the best but the zombies don´t wan´t anything like that.

Why is UFC a boxing clone shouldn't it be MMA.  010_fabricio-werdum-tries-to-steal-belt_img_7723
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:39 am
Golden Age wrote:It´s scary how easily Zuffa controls the mma scene and how people think it´s a worldwide independent mma league. WAMMA had a great idea where fighters from different promotions could compete in the ring to determine who´s the best but the zombies don´t wan´t anything like that.

Why is UFC a boxing clone shouldn't it be MMA.  010_fabricio-werdum-tries-to-steal-belt_img_7723

Of course not because they know there's a possibility that some of the UFC's best would lose to certain outsiders.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:41 am
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that a lot of people in the UFC like Dana White and Marc Ratner are boxing fans along with the ACs having similar rules to calm people down since there are people out there who think fighters are going to get killed during a fight.

Of course even a ac said a knee to the head isn't any more dangerous than say an elbow plus in benefits the UFC since they managed to brain wash stupid people . We would never soccer kicks in western MMA because they would kill some one though for some funny reason they can never seem to name a fighter that was quote on quote killed because of that move .

Which is hilarious and pathetic all at once because you can kick someone standing but not on the ground. Sure, that makes sense. Not to mention that people can argue that elbows are worse because you can not only knock fighters out with them but you can slice them up at which point, they'll start gushing blood.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:57 am
CODELMJVG wrote: Why did they go for the boxing concepts like rounds and 10 point must system. Exclusively Monopolizing the belt in a organization where no one else can get it unless you sign within the ufc. It's a pretty obvious boxing blueprint. Owning a fighter name and there likeness. There is no elements of old seg era concepts like tournaments or open weight the pure aspect of MMA. To pride or rings or Pancrase. UFC is not MMA by any stretch of form. Promotional and organization all in one is basically what there doing is illegal in boxing.

MMA is dead....

I'd rather watch real martial arts not glorified street fights in a cage
westcott123
westcott123

Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:45 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
Golden Age wrote:It´s scary how easily Zuffa controls the mma scene and how people think it´s a worldwide independent mma league. WAMMA had a great idea where fighters from different promotions could compete in the ring to determine who´s the best but the zombies don´t wan´t anything like that.

Of course not because they know there's a possibility that some of the UFC's best would lose to certain outsiders.

It is a pity wamma didn't succeed now it would of been great to have something like that my opinion MMA would be better because it would of made the morons realise that there is talent in every org ,but nope instead we get stupid shit like levels man I thought this was real life not some dragon ball z or sailor moon shit .
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:50 am
They use the boxing model because it has shown to be vague and ambiguous enough to make it so subjective to judge a fight, that fixing fights through dubious judges decisions becomes the norm because the public has been conditioned to accept it.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:20 am
Lets be real guys ...Love or hate him

BJORN had it right!

Why is UFC a boxing clone shouldn't it be MMA.  Bjorn2

Tournament MMA is what the sport should be about...That and superfights spread in between when there's legit beef and reason for two fighters to compete against each other.

Pride GP's were the best of the fucking best fighting each other and UFC cant even be bothered to do one tournament once in a while.They insist on padding up records of popular fighters who make them money. Title shots are hand given to ZUFFA's favorites who tow the company line.....

GRAND PRIXS > Promoters/match makers

If Bjorn had the top 10 best fighters on his roster and he was putting them against each other in a tournament we would see some of the best MMA ever seen. Ppl hate bjorns tournaments only because it mostly featured up and comers you but top 10's into them and they'd be awesome
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:24 am
There no tittle sanction for the belt.The promotion cay dictate who fighting for belt because it's called promotion belt.
CODELMJVG
CODELMJVG

Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:09 am
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

It is a pity wamma didn't succeed now it  would of been great to have something like that my opinion MMA would be better because it would of made the morons realise that there is talent in every org ,but nope instead we get stupid shit like levels man I thought this was real life not some dragon ball z or sailor moon shit .

Correctamundo bro bravo answer.

Just like in FIFA even tho it's corrupt as hell but the clubs exceed to the top they have the best of all leagues verse each other to determine the best. Every play has a home to be the best because they can do tournaments to prove the better seed and it's mandatory. Example fifa club world cup where the best leagues that are champion under there respected leagues meet the best of the best to determine the best club of the world. I wish the MMA was like this but there is life like rfa vs legacy modern mma. It happen in boxing where two big broadcasting station like hbo and showtime can do an event. You had k-1 vs pride.
CODELMJVG
CODELMJVG

Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:28 am
stu3ufc wrote:
CODELMJVG wrote: Why did they go for the boxing concepts like rounds and 10 point must system. Exclusively Monopolizing the belt in a organization where no one else can get it unless you sign within the ufc. It's a pretty obvious boxing blueprint. Owning a fighter name and there likeness. There is no elements of old seg era concepts like tournaments or open weight the pure aspect of MMA. To pride or rings or Pancrase. UFC is not MMA by any stretch of form. Promotional and organization all in one is basically what there doing is illegal in boxing.

MMA is dead....

I'd rather watch real martial arts not glorified street fights in a cage

I know I know never got in to the UFC campaign it was too corny and douchy  when I was young and pride in the other hand was a god send sport to for me to adopt after my first love was baseball.
I love you
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:33 pm
They copied boxing to get commission approval, is my take.

Promoters don't really control belts in boxing though. That's more of a WWE adaptation.
CODELMJVG
CODELMJVG

Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:30 pm
nodogoshi wrote:They copied boxing to get commission approval, is my take.

Promoters don't really control belts in boxing though. That's more of a WWE adaptation.

in other means they didn't have a choice or no license.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:35 pm
CODELMJVG wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:They copied boxing to get commission approval, is my take.

in other means they didn't have a choice or no license.

I wouldn't put it that simply.

That is what they did.

I don't know whether there were other options, or not or what not.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum