GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Glory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) Empty Glory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling - October 9 (Official Discussion)

Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:49 pm
Glory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) Glory24promo
Glory 24 
October 9, 2015
Magness Arena
Denver, Colorado, USAGlory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) Us

Main Card:

Glory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) Thumb_15526_fighter_id_squareGlory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) 23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svgJason Wilnis (24-5)               vs.            (19-6) Joe SchillingGlory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svgGlory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) Thumb_12480_fighter_id_square  
Main Event | Middleweight | 185 lbs (84 kg)
Glory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) Thumb_12498_fighter_id_squareGlory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svgDustin Jacoby (6-5)               vs.          (5-2) Wayne BarrettGlory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svgGlory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) Thumb_15534_fighter_id_square  
Co-Main Event | Middleweight | 185 lbs (84 kg)
Glory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) Thumb_16667_fighter_id_squareGlory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) 23px-Flag_of_Romania.svgBenjamin Adegbuyi (20-3)     vs.    (49-9) Mladen BrestovacGlory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) 23px-Flag_of_Croatia.svgGlory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) Thumb_13028_fighter_id_square  
Main Card | Contender Tournament Semi Final | Heavyweight | 265 lbs (120 kg)
Glory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) Thumb_13881_fighter_id_squareGlory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svgBen Edwards (38-9)              vs.          (27-4) Jahfarr WilnisGlory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) 23px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svgGlory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) Thumb_13195_fighter_id_square  
Main Card | Contender Tournament Semi Final | Heavyweight | 265 lbs (120 kg)

Last edited by Kingfedor on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Glory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) Empty Re: Glory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling - October 9 (Official Discussion)

Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:55 pm
Levin vs. Schilling 3? Why?
Miike
Miike

Glory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) Empty Re: Glory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling - October 9 (Official Discussion)

Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:49 am
backdoor to zuffa wrote:Levin vs. Schilling 3? Why?

Because Glory thinks American fighters are the key to succes, so instead of trying to sign and keep the best fighters and make the best fight the best, they are forcing American fighters down our throats.

They are even going as far as putting on "all American" tournaments....Just to make sure an American fighter will come out victorious.

westcott123
westcott123

Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:31 am
Miike wrote:

Because Glory thinks American fighters are the key to succes, so instead of trying to sign and keep the best fighters and make the best fight the best, they are forcing American fighters down our throats.

They are even going as far as putting on "all American" tournaments....Just to make sure an American fighter will come out victorious.

Yes that is Shane glory is doing that I mean all an American what it wrong with making it tournament who cares were the fighter comes from . I like glory but they won't the reach the peak k1 did during the 90s same with the UFC with pride . I know people say yeah well they get bigger TV numbers and a wider audience yeah but 60 to 90 thousand people in arena UFC and glory would kill for that . Who knows glory only a few years old but the UFC nope .
Miike
Miike

Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:46 am
westcott123 wrote:
Miike wrote:

Yes that is Shane glory is doing that I mean all an American what it wrong with making it tournament who cares were the fighter comes from . I like glory but they won't the reach the peak k1 did during the 90s  same with the UFC with pride . I know people say yeah well they get bigger TV numbers and a wider audience yeah but 60 to 90 thousand people in arena UFC and glory would kill for that . Who knows glory only a few years old but the UFC nope .

Glory was good when they started out but they are getting worse and worse as time goes by. They pretty much inhereted all the top fighters and now they don't see value in most of them, they see value in the mediocre fighters. They would rather sign failed MMA fighters who might already have some fans and name value so they can bring some eyes to their organisation instead of building up the high level Kickboxers that have been fighting for years and could be big stars if they were promoted the right way.

I love Kickboxing, it's my favorite combat sport, for most people the appeal in it is that it's the highest level of "stand up fighting" that you will see, that goes out the window with most of these guys they're putting on the main cards now, alot of them shouldn't even be allowed on the prelims. The guys running this promotion right now have absolutely no confidence in the product they are trying to sell, instead they rely on gimmicks to get some fans from the MMA, Boxing and Pro Wrestling community instead of creating a new audience in America and making/keeping their fans in Europe and Asia happy, fans who have been watching and supporting the sport loyally for years and years.

I watch Glory because there are still alot of great fighters on their roster that I enjoy watching but if they continue to go on this route Glory will die and all the potential it had will die with it.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:34 pm
Another rematch yay
simon marcus was injured btw
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:36 pm
Miike wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Miike wrote:

Yes that is Shane glory is doing that I mean all an American what it wrong with making it tournament who cares were the fighter comes from . I like glory but they won't the reach the peak k1 did during the 90s  same with the UFC with pride . I know people say yeah well they get bigger TV numbers and a wider audience yeah but 60 to 90 thousand people in arena UFC and glory would kill for that . Who knows glory only a few years old but the UFC nope .

Glory was good when they started out but they are getting worse and worse as time goes by. They pretty much inhereted all the top fighters and now they don't see value in most of them, they see value in the mediocre fighters. They would rather sign failed MMA fighters who might already have some fans and name value so they can bring some eyes to their organisation instead of building up the high level Kickboxers that have been fighting for years and could be big stars if they were promoted the right way.

I love Kickboxing, it's my favorite combat sport, for most people the appeal in it is that it's the highest level of "stand up fighting" that you will see, that goes out the window with most of these guys they're putting on the main cards now, alot of them shouldn't even be allowed on the prelims. The guys running this promotion right now have absolutely no confidence in the product they are trying to sell, instead they rely on gimmicks to get some fans from the MMA, Boxing and Pro Wrestling community instead of creating a new audience in America and making/keeping their fans in Europe and Asia happy, fans who have been watching and supporting the sport loyally for years and years.

I watch Glory because there are still alot of great fighters on their roster that I enjoy watching but if they continue to go on this route Glory will die and all the potential it had will die with it.

Miike you speak the truth! Glory went to utter shit the moment it tried to win the American audience over with it's gimmicks! Can you believe we went from "It's Showtime" level stacked main cards to this American shit.... They wasted all there money and now have no Spong/ Saki/ Giorgio plus many others

Glory could have competed with UFC but now not so much with gimmick fighters like Pat Barry and fucking Bill Goldberg around
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:25 pm
Glory could never compete with ufc kickboxing is more of a niche in america then mma is.

I watch all glory shows they keep me entertained but i agree they have let go of alot of stars.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:21 pm
Miike wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Miike wrote:

People think Glory is Golden Glory + It's Showtime but it´s far from that. It´s just a promotion that tries to be like Zuffa FC. We need a true european or japanese kickboxing promotion not a UFC/Bellator wannabe.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:33 pm
Glory started off as that dude! but when they started going to america and then had that last man standing event it went to utter shit! with gimmick fighters like pat barry and miguel torres

these fucking african heavyweight fighters who are horrible

it's utter shit now. before it was very very good and had the best fighters

I.e GLORY 3 ROME was epic
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:35 pm
fka wrote:Glory could never compete with ufc kickboxing is more of a niche in america then mma is.

I watch all glory shows they keep me entertained but i agree they have let go of alot of stars.

because America doesnt give a fuck and these idiots at Glory think they'll crack the American market when they clearly wont

they should focus on international events!

americans are into trash TV and trashy gimmicks like kimbo

they could never appreciate my beloved sport

the sport of kings

KICKBOXING
Miike
Miike

Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:10 am
Yes it started out with alot of the people from Golden Glory, some of them are still involved (like Cor Hemmers), and most of the K-1 and It's Showtime fighters but now it's being run by Americans who have no history and apparently know nothing about the sport.

They are losing fighters not only because they wont pay them properly but because the fighters are also not agreeing with the way they are running Glory now.

They have no respect for Kickboxing, the fighters and the fans that have been watching for many years.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:31 pm
Miike wrote:Yes it started out with alot of the people from Golden Glory, some of them are still involved (like Cor Hemmers), and most of the K-1 and It's Showtime fighters but now it's being run by Americans who have no history and apparently know nothing about the sport.

They are losing fighters not only because they wont pay them properly but because the fighters are also not agreeing with the way they are running Glory now.

They have no respect for Kickboxing, the fighters and the fans that have been watching for many years.

GLORY brought to you buy the same idiots that ruined Bellator and TNA wrestling

They only care about ratings they would rather have 800k viewers with utter shit than have 600-700 viewers with a legit solid card.....They have no idea how to promote these fighters at all. You would think SAKI and SPONG could become household names but no! people want degenerate filfth like Kimbo Slice and War Machine
Miike
Miike

Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:57 pm
stu3ufc wrote:
Miike wrote:Yes it started out with alot of the people from Golden Glory, some of them are still involved (like Cor Hemmers), and most of the K-1 and It's Showtime fighters but now it's being run by Americans who have no history and apparently know nothing about the sport.

GLORY brought to you buy the same idiots that ruined Bellator and TNA wrestling

They only care about ratings they would rather have 800k viewers with utter shit than have 600-700 viewers with a legit solid card.....They have no idea how to promote these fighters at all. You would think SAKI and SPONG could become household names but no! people want degenerate filfth like Kimbo Slice and War Machine

I think they could and would but you are right they don't know how to promote them, they think they aren't draws so they don't want to pay them. Instead they market Dustin Jacoby, Xavier Vigney?? and now even Bill Goldberg etc. etc.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:20 pm
Bill Goldberg gets more air time than majority of the fighters

the american people are not interested in International fighters! They only care for americans

America is trash and so is GLORY

we need a major european kickboxing event to come forth.
FreeWarMachine
FreeWarMachine

Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:35 pm
I agree. Glory is going downhill due to their choices on who runs the business side of things.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Kickboxing-News-Glory-Appoints-New-CEO-Extends-Spike-TV-Broadcast-Deal-72091

Jon Franklin was in charge of promoting the US national ski team. I didn't even know we had a fucking ski team. Great work Jon! I'm glad their CEO doesn't even know the rules of kickboxing and thinks Kimbo is a good fighter.

That being said, our team went to Glory 16 in Denver and had a great time after tailgating all day. I'm really surprised they let me in, actually.

Surely they will water down the card with locals like Jacoby and Barry, but seeing Artem Levin perform will be great and the HW tournament might not suck. Vigney and Ben Saddik are rumored to be in it. I'm hoping for either Adegbuyi or Ghita, or both really. Also looking forward to getting hammered drunk and taking a thousand bong rips in the parking lot before the show. War Glory
Miike
Miike

Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:23 pm
FreeWarMachine wrote:I agree. Glory is going downhill due to their choices on who runs the business side of things.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Kickboxing-News-Glory-Appoints-New-CEO-Extends-Spike-TV-Broadcast-Deal-72091

Jon Franklin was in charge of promoting the US national ski team. I didn't even know we had a fucking ski team. Great work Jon! I'm glad their CEO doesn't even know the rules of kickboxing and thinks Kimbo is a good fighter.

That being said, our team went to Glory 16 in Denver and had a great time after tailgating all day. I'm really surprised they let me in, actually.

Surely they will water down the card with locals like Jacoby and Barry, but seeing Artem Levin perform will be great and the HW tournament might not suck. Vigney and Ben Saddik are rumored to be in it. I'm hoping for either Adegbuyi or Ghita, or both really. Also looking forward to getting hammered drunk and taking a thousand bong rips in the parking lot before the show. War Glory

Well, that didn't give me more confidence that it will be better in the future haha.

I see what you're saying, I still watch Glory, there are still alot of great fighters on their roster that I wanna watch. A heavyweight tournament with those 4 guys you mentioned would be awesome (imagine a Ghita vs. Adegbuyi final), apart from Vigney but he will probably get wrecked against any of them. The thing is, the heavyweight division is pretty shallow right now (who would have ever thought in Kickboxing) and they would be wasting 3 potential contenders.

I loved the tournaments in K-1 and the way they did it was awesome. In Glory not so much, they throw tournaments at you every event wich makes them not special and a waste of potential contenders in my opinion. The way K-1 did it made you excited all year to see their Grand Prix and MAX tournaments, starting with the 16 men and then a one night 8 men tournament. I think Glory should go back to that, make it something special again, not something you see every show.
FreeWarMachine
FreeWarMachine

Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:07 pm
Miike wrote:
FreeWarMachine wrote:I agree. Glory is going downhill due to their choices on who runs the business side of things.

Well, that didn't give me more confidence that it will be better in the future haha.

I see what you're saying, I still watch Glory, there are still alot of great fighters on their roster that I wanna watch. A heavyweight tournament with those 4 guys you mentioned would be awesome (imagine a Ghita vs. Adegbuyi final), apart from Vigney but he will probably get wrecked against any of them. The thing is, the heavyweight division is pretty shallow right now (who would have ever thought in Kickboxing) and they would be wasting 3 potential contenders.

I loved the tournaments in K-1 and the way they did it was awesome. In Glory not so much, they throw tournaments at you every event wich makes them not special and a waste of potential contenders in my opinion. The way K-1 did it made you excited all year to see their Grand Prix and MAX tournaments, starting with the 16 men and then a one night 8 men tournament. I think Glory should go back to that, make it something special again, not something you see every show.

I liked the yearly format that K-1 did. Sort of similar to team sports with yearly playoffs. Even if you lost every game the previous year you could still qualify and win the whole thing. The Zuffa model kicks a fighter out on the streets after 2-3 losses and never lets them get the chance to compete for world titles again
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:15 am
Glory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) Thumb_12478_fighter_main_pic_defaultGlory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) Thumb_13196_fighter_main_pic_default
The highly-anticipated trilogy fight between reigning GLORY Middleweight World Champion Artem "The Lion" Levin and bitter rival Joe "Stitch 'Em Up" Schilling is on hold after Levin suffered an elbow injury during training.

Replacing Levin, in a match-up that pits two top-three middleweights against each other, No. 3 ranked Jason "Psycho" Wilnis of the Netherlands will now meet world No. 2 Schilling in the headline bout of GLORY 24.

"The third fight between Levin and Schilling will happen in the GLORY ring at some point, but make no mistake; this match-up at GLORY 24 has huge implications for one of our deepest divisions."

In the co-headline bout, kickboxing veteran and former MMA stand-out Pat 'HD' Barry makes his return to the GLORY ring, when he takes on hungry newcomer Karl Roberson. Barry was originally scheduled to face Mourad Bouzidi at GLORY 20 in April, but was forced to withdraw with a hand injury.

Additional bouts for GLORY 24, including the participants in GLORY's one-night, four-man Heavyweight Contender Tournament, will be announced at a later date. The tournament winner will earn the next shot at GLORY Heavyweight World Champion Rico Verhoeven.
Miike
Miike

Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:40 am
Wilnis vs. Schilling will probably be a fun fight.

Wilnis by KO!
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:58 pm
Glory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) Thumb_13050_fighter_main_pic_defaultGlory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) Thumb_13778_fighter_main_pic_defaultGlory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) Thumb_13880_fighter_main_pic_defaultGlory 24: Wilnis Vs Schilling  - October 9 (Official Discussion) Thumb_13194_fighter_main_pic_default
The heavyweight tournament features an all-star line-up of Benjamin Adegbuyi -- fresh off of a win in Russia -- squaring off against Mladen Brestovac. On the other side we have Kunlun Heavyweight Champion Jahfarr Wilnis up against a returning Aussie in Ben Edwards
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:55 am
^Looks like a solid tournament
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum