GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Quinton Jackson to fight on RIZIN's New Years show? Empty Quinton Jackson to fight on RIZIN's New Years show?

Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:22 pm
A lot can change in a day or two.

After telling Ariel Helwani on Monday that he was contemplating retirement, Quinton Jackson seems to have a renewed interest in fighting.

Jackson's career has been in limbo as Bellator parent company Viacom and the UFC battle over "Rampage's" contract rights.

According to Jackson, the UFC is pulling out of the fight to allow the 37-year-old veteran to settle the contractual dispute with Viacom which would allow him to return to Bellator.

"Everybody knows I'm going through a big court case," Jackson said Wednesday on his Twtich live stream. "I signed with Bellator but then s**t happened and I left to sign with UFC. I talked to uncle [UFC president] Dana White and uncle [UFC CEO] Lorenzo Fertitta yesterday and they told me, 'You're cool. We'll let you settle your stuff with Bellator without us taking you to court.' So I did a post saying that the UFC stopped me from retiring."

"I didn't say anything about I was going to fight Michael Bisping or fight nobody in the UFC. I was just saying that the UFC was cool by not taking me to court if I had to go back to fight for Bellator."

Jackson lashed out at Bisping earlier this week on his channel, calling him "a traitor." He elaborated on the beef Wednesday by saying Bisping made statements implicating him in an unrelated lawsuit involving a former manager.

After splitting from his head trainer Juanito Ibarra in 2008, Jackson joined up with Bisping as part of the UK's Wolfslair Fight Team. Jackson's manager Lee Gwynn, a co-founder of the Wolfslair gym, previously managed Bisping.

"F**k Michael Bisping," Jackson said. "He's a traitor. I was going through another court case that you guys don't know about. I was always cool with Bisping, helped him train. I even paid half on some of his training camps, but he wanted me to pay for his sparring partners. He would hurt my sparring partners and all this bulls**t. I would never care. I was always cool with him. Then he gave a statement against me in the other lawsuit. That's bulls**t. How you going to do that to somebody who helped you out?

"That's why I said I would like to fight Bisping. He's a f***ing a**hole. I've never done anything wrong to him. You don't do that to your teammates. He's a cheap motherf**ker because he doesn't like to pay his manager when he owes him money. That doesn't have anything to do with me. In order to help his case he lies on me and gives some bulls**t statements. I'd fight him on the playground if I knew I wouldn't go to jail."

If he can get his legal situation resolved soon, Jackson says he hopes to be part of the new Japanese event being promoted by former PRIDE head Nobuyuki Sakakibara. The event will star former PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko and will air in the U.S. on Spike TV on New Year's Eve.

"I better start getting in shape because hopefully I'll be fighting by Christmas," said Jackson. "I'm looking forward to possibly fighting in Japan on New Year's if everything goes right. You all need to hit up [Bellator CEO] Scott Coker to call the dogs off of Rampage. The UFC already said they're going to be cool and aren't going to take no legal actions if I go back and settle up with you guys.

"I'm down to go to Japan and fight on that card. We can settle up and get s**t back going so I don't retire. That's the only other option. If they're going to tie me up in court for a couple years I might as well go retire and become a stripper."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/10/8/9476729/morning-report-ufc-rampage-jackson-bisping-ronda-rousey-espn-mcgregor-dillashaw-mma-news

- - - - - - - - - -
Rampage vs. Fedor on NYE?
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Quinton Jackson to fight on RIZIN's New Years show? Empty Re: Quinton Jackson to fight on RIZIN's New Years show?

Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:24 pm
haha wow he hates bisping!
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Quinton Jackson to fight on RIZIN's New Years show? Empty Re: Quinton Jackson to fight on RIZIN's New Years show?

Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:35 pm
Hope to see him fighting on NYE in Japan
westcott123
westcott123

Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:29 pm
he could be another opponent for fedor though man he hates bisping i guess luke rockhold is right mike bisping is an arse hole
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:18 am
Of course he comes crawling back.....waampage trying to get in on what coker had planned all along....

Hope he does fight on the nye card but my fandom for him is about done.
sparkuri
sparkuri

Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:31 am
Fedor Rampage is a sick fight.
I think it's gonna happen.
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:57 am
Fedor vs rampage
Fedor vs pudz
Fedor vs winner of hw tourney
Fedor vs sergei

I'd be happy with anyone of those.

I'd prefer the rampage fight though. He is the most skilled , is coming off a win and has a huge following in Japan. Win win
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:12 am
Fedor/Sergei would be a great one as well. Many real good fights out there possible for Fedor on NYE.

Tybura
Minakov
Blagoy
Sergei
Pudz
Page
Lesnar
Couture

Would like to see any of these of fights.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:10 pm
I highly doubt Lesnar is the opponent but all others o would like to see.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum