GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Bas Rutten still thinks that Fedor is the greatest; might go to ufc after warm up fights Empty Bas Rutten still thinks that Fedor is the greatest; might go to ufc after warm up fights

Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:57 pm

Former ufc heavyweight champion Bas Rutten has been there, done it and got the tee shirt in the world of mixed martial arts. An original student of the game, Rutten’s fan friendly style and brilliant commentary skills have made him a legend the world over, and a much respected pundit in the modern era of the sport.

During ‘El Guapo’s’ time as a color commentator in Pride, he got to see the best heavyweight of that period, Fedor Emelianenko, lay waste to the promotion’s marquee division. Talking with Submission Radio this weekend, Rutten was asked if he still believes Fedor is UFC bound, now he’s signed to fight with ex-Pride FC owner Sakakibara on the New Year’s Eve card:

“We don’t know what kind of contract he has, he’s playing a very smart game. He didn’t fight for a while, he got over his injuries, and he’s like ‘OK, if I fight in the UFC, maybe they are going to throw me to the wolves right away.’ So maybe this is just a warm up, maybe he fights three times, we don’t know, maybe after that he is free from his contract. If he feels strong enough then hopefully he will go to the UFC. I still feel he has the title of the greatest, I still believe he is the man.”

“He doesn’t need the money, he has more than enough money. That money he made in Japan was enough to last generations, so he is fighting because he loves the sport. It’s like when you play football, you want to end up in the NFL. In order to get true recognition you need to go there (UFC), they have the best fighters in the world. Yeah (I think he cares about going to the UFC to cement his legacy), once he fights a few fights and wins, i hope he is going to come for the UFC title.”

“I think (Jaideep Singh) is a great warm up fight for him, the Japanese love this type of fights, like when he fought Hong Man Choi and he armbarred him. It was like a kneebar on a normal guy. Fedor could fight a teletubby and the Japanese fans would come to watch him, he is the only guy who has that draw still in Japan.”
http://www.lowkickmma.com/News/bas-r...onor-mcgregor/

Bas knows. He isn't paid off by the UFC
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Bas Rutten still thinks that Fedor is the greatest; might go to ufc after warm up fights Empty Re: Bas Rutten still thinks that Fedor is the greatest; might go to ufc after warm up fights

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:10 pm
Except he doesn't know singh isnt his opponent,and still believes he needs to go to ufc to cement his legacy.......definitely undertones of. schill
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Bas Rutten still thinks that Fedor is the greatest; might go to ufc after warm up fights Empty Re: Bas Rutten still thinks that Fedor is the greatest; might go to ufc after warm up fights

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:10 pm
For years Bas has been a puppet of Zuffa.

I have very little interest in any of his opinions.
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:23 pm
man ever since bas got his "hall of fame " he a turned into a complete zuffa puppet the old bas wouldn't of gave a rats arse if fedor signed with the ufc or not . Bas seems to have forgoten that it was in japan were he spent the bulk of his career in .
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:31 pm
TeamJohnPerretti wrote:For years Bas has been a puppet of Zuffa.

when AXS TV became Zuffa friendly he changed his tune and became a hardcore UFC shill...no wonder when they put him in the HOF also.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:37 pm
stu3ufc wrote:
TeamJohnPerretti wrote:For years Bas has been a puppet of Zuffa.

when AXS TV became Zuffa friendly he changed his tune and became a hardcore UFC shill...no wonder when they put him in the HOF also.

Exactly
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:09 pm
Had no idea. I always knew he tried to be neutral and not opine on anything negative Zuffa while on inside mma just to be politically correct but didn't know he was considered a schill.

Any examples ?
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:15 pm
Longtime Fan wrote:Had no idea. I always knew he tried to be neutral and not opine on anything negative Zuffa while on inside mma just to be politically correct but didn't know he was considered a schill.

Any examples ?

He was pretty neutral during the Affliction/WAMMA era thing.... but he has said some crap like having to prove yourself in the UFC.... i.e Askren and Fedor.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:18 pm
Longtime Fan wrote:Had no idea. I always knew he tried to be neutral and not opine on anything negative Zuffa while on inside mma just to be politically correct but didn't know he was considered a schill.

Any examples ?

He is not one of the worst shills but he definitely drank the Zuffa Kool-Aid since AXS TV turned into a UFC puppet over the past couple years or so.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:20 pm
stu3ufc wrote:

Any examples ?

He was pretty neutral during the Affliction/WAMMA era thing.... but he has said some crap like having to prove yourself in the UFC.... i.e Askren and Fedor.

Yeah, good examples.  He says things like this all the time now.  He used to be a global MMA guy but not too much anymore. It sucks because I always liked Bas.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:20 pm
CDF47 wrote:

Any examples ?

He is not one of the worst shills but he definitely drank the Zuffa Kool-Aid since AXS TV turned into a UFC puppet over the past couple years or so.
kenny rice is the worst

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:22 pm
stu3ufc wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Any examples ?

kenny rice is the worst

Yeah, they gave him a good dose of that shit.  He is under Zuffa/AXS TV mind control now. Poor guy.  He used to be alright.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:42 pm
westcott123 wrote:man ever since bas got his "hall of fame " he a turned into a complete zuffa puppet the old bas wouldn't of gave a rats arse if fedor signed with the ufc or not . Bas seems to have forgoten that it was in japan were he spent the bulk of his career in .

Which is ironic cause his UFC career lasted all of two fights and all but three were in Pancrase. Who even remembers Bas Rutten's UFC besides his controversial fights with Kohsaka and Randleman that he probably should've lost? Either Bas is best known for Pancrase or for PRIDE.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:51 pm
Examples.....re read the OP lol undertones of shill run through it.
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:29 pm
i thought a schil was someone with a clear agenda, I think bas just offers his honest opinion sometimes. What interest does he have beside a job and his hall of fame status ? I guess I just answered my own question lol

But yea for me a schil is someone that is more obvious with towing the company line.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:30 pm
^Bas has been heading down the Zuffa media puppet path. The change is noticeable, especially over the past year or so. I think it sucks too because I always thought Bas was cool.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:01 pm
Hope Bas enjoys the joke UFC hall of fame. The one that doesn't have Frank Shamrock in it. Disgusting.

I guess to him being in it is worth being a Zuffa puppet.

As said above..Bas was an entertaining and interesting person in the sport. The last couple years he's changed just to suck up to Dana.

TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:20 am
Gotta love Bas going in the UFC hall of fame when he fought twice in the ufc.

One win(Kohsaka) was helped out greatly by Big John McCarthy's questionable decisions. Funny how they just happened to work out for the poster boy of the company.

The win against Randleman featured one of the worst judges decisions in the history of sports.

A good fighter and pioneer in Pancrase. Definitely.

A good announcer in Pride. Definitely.

Horrible announcer on WSOF. %100

Pathetic little lap dog for Zuffa. %100

Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:35 am
TeamJohnPerretti wrote:Gotta love Bas going in the UFC hall of fame when he fought twice in the ufc.

One win(Kohsaka) was helped out greatly by Big John McCarthy's questionable decisions. Funny how they just happened to work out for the poster boy of the company.

The win against Randleman featured one of the worst judges decisions in the history of sports.

A good fighter and pioneer in Pancrase. Definitely.

A good announcer in Pride. Definitely.

Horrible announcer on WSOF. %100

Pathetic little lap dog for Zuffa. %100

Yet, people still say PRIDE was corrupt when even UFC wasn't clean.
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:47 pm
I actually think Bas is a pioneer but mostly over rated as a fighter.

Pancrase was mma but a softer form. Palm strikes not closed fist. Rope escapes.

He was good in Pancrase.

In mma 3 fights.

A win over Warpath..a below.500 fighter.

A judges bs win over Randleman.

A last second win over Kohsaka.

A pioneer and good in Pancrase. Not the fighter alot of fans talk of him as.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:52 pm
TeamJohnPerretti wrote:I actually think Bas is a pioneer but mostly over rated as a fighter.

Pancrase was mma but a softer form. Palm strikes not closed fist. Rope escapes.

He was good in Pancrase.

In mma 3 fights.

A win over Warpath..a below.500 fighter.

A judges bs win over Randleman.

A last second win over Kohsaka.

A pioneer and good in Pancrase. Not the fighter alot of fans talk of him as.

He also lost to a very green Frank Shamrock in Frank's first fight, don't forget that.

Might as well slander Bas now.

This is a no shill zone.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:40 pm
Bas Rutten was plagued by bad injuries and had to cut his career short sadly. I don't think he's a UFC shill but he's kinda kept in line with them and stays neutral to avoid any conflict... I can see he doesn't want the hassel.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum