GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fedor Emelianenko says he’s ready to rematch Fabricio Werdum, Antonio Silva, and Dan Henderson Empty Fedor Emelianenko says he’s ready to rematch Fabricio Werdum, Antonio Silva, and Dan Henderson

Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:46 am
MMA heavyweight legend Fedor Emelianenko says that he is ready and willing to rematch UFC fighters Fabricio Werdum, Antonio Silva, and Dan Henderson, and is open to offers from all MMA promotions.

It has only been a month since his New Year’s Eve victory over Jaideep Singh following a 3 year hiatus, but Russian MMA legend Fedor Emelianenko is already making plans for his next fight.

In a short interview with Russian MMA site sportbox.ru, "The Last Emperor” made two major announcements: first, that he is looking at offers from all MMA promotions, and second, that he is ready for a rematch with the only three men to beat him since 2000: current UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum, heavyweight Antonio Silva, and middleweight Dan Henderson.

In his own words:

“I’m open to all organizations. If there are offers, we will look at all of them. In regards to this, we really like working with Rizin - their contracts are not exclusive. In terms of M-1, that’s a big question. It’s more likely that I will fight in the UFC than M-1. Am I ready for a rematch with Fabricio Werdum, Antonio Silva, and Dan Henderson? If they move to Rizin, yes, even right now. But in the UFC that is currently not possible.”

Although the chances of the heavyweight legend coming to the UFC are slim given his dislike of the “draconian and enslaving” UFC contracts coupled with his recent comments about UFC president Dana White, a small possibility always remains.

Source: https://www.the-newshub.com/combat/fedor-emelianenko-says-hes-ready-to-rematch-fabricio-werdum-antonio-silva-and-dan-henderson

Fedor Emelianenko says he’s ready to rematch Fabricio Werdum, Antonio Silva, and Dan Henderson Empty Re: Fedor Emelianenko says he’s ready to rematch Fabricio Werdum, Antonio Silva, and Dan Henderson

Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:51 am
Seems Fedor and M-1 have had a falling out? Or they can't pay him enough perhaps.

Werdum just signed an 8 fight contract with the ufc so that isn't happening unless Fedor goes there but I would imagine both Bigfoot and Henderson have to be close to the end of their contracts. If Rizin or Bellator can pick them up a Fedor rematch would be a go. I would be fine with Fedor avenging just those two. A Werdum rematch would be good as well, just not necessary.

I"m still hoping to see him fight in April, August and NYE. I'd like his last couple of years to be busy with 3 - 4 fights a year, then retire at the end of 2017.

Fedor Emelianenko says he’s ready to rematch Fabricio Werdum, Antonio Silva, and Dan Henderson Empty Re: Fedor Emelianenko says he’s ready to rematch Fabricio Werdum, Antonio Silva, and Dan Henderson

Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:03 am
I don't think fedor will ever go to zuffa which is good they don't deserve him after all the continues shit they spout . As for the rematches he smashes big foot and hendo werdum would give a fedor a tough fight though .
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:42 pm
Fedor and M-1 are definitely not on good grounds. This really confirms that.

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
Kinosis
Kinosis

Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:47 pm
CDF47 wrote:Fedor and M-1 are definitely not on good grounds.  This really confirms that.

Yeah, I am curious what happened there. I know they wanted him to fight for them when he came back. Is Fedor still part owner of M-1?

I'm hoping Bellator or Rizin pick up Henderson and Bigfoot and Fedor gets his rematches. If he can avenge those 2 fights and perhaps Ivanov, I would be totally happy with his comeback. Plus that gives him 3 fights with name guys. To fight Werdum he has to go to the ufc since Werdum signed an 8 fight contract.

G-MMA Rankings

Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:02 am
Kinosis wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Fedor and M-1 are definitely not on good grounds.  This really confirms that.

Yeah, I am curious what happened there.  I know they wanted him to fight for them when he came back.  Is Fedor still part owner of M-1?

I'm hoping Bellator or Rizin pick up Henderson and Bigfoot and Fedor gets his rematches.  If he can avenge those 2 fights and perhaps Ivanov, I would be totally happy with his comeback. Plus that gives him 3 fights with name guys.  To fight Werdum he has to go to the ufc since Werdum signed an 8 fight contract.  

No, it sounds like he doesn't have any ties to M-1 anymore and he and Vadim really had a falling out.  

I would like to see Hendo and Big Foot go over to RIZIN as well to fight Fedor.  Those are the two of the three best fights that could be made.  Ivanov as well would be a great one.  Following that, if he were able to beat Hendo and Big Foot, a one fight deal to take on Werdum, as a retirement fight inside the UFC, would be huge, especially if Werdum could hold the title until then.

Fedor should try to work out a deal like this between RIZIN and UFC, where if UFC lends Hendo and Big Foot to RIZIN for two fights in 2016, Fedor will then sign a one fight retirement deal with UFC to take on Werdum if he wins both of those.  

If that were to happen, Fedor vs. Werdum 2 would be the biggest fight in MMA history.

God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:11 pm
Fedor belongs in the ring so stick to Rizin.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:03 pm
CDF47 wrote:
Kinosis wrote:

Yeah, I am curious what happened there.  I know they wanted him to fight for them when he came back.  Is Fedor still part owner of M-1?

I'm hoping Bellator or Rizin pick up Henderson and Bigfoot and Fedor gets his rematches.  If he can avenge those 2 fights and perhaps Ivanov, I would be totally happy with his comeback. Plus that gives him 3 fights with name guys.  To fight Werdum he has to go to the ufc since Werdum signed an 8 fight contract.  

No, it sounds like he doesn't have any ties to M-1 anymore and he and Vadim really had a falling out.  

I would like to see Hendo and Big Foot go over to RIZIN as well to fight Fedor.  Those are the two of the three best fights that could be made.  Ivanov as well would be a great one.  Following that, if he were able to beat Hendo and Big Foot, a one fight deal to take on Werdum, as a retirement fight inside the UFC, would be huge, especially if Werdum could hold the title until then.

Fedor should try to work out a deal like this between RIZIN and UFC, where if UFC lends Hendo and Big Foot to RIZIN for two fights in 2016, Fedor will then sign a one fight retirement deal with UFC to take on Werdum if he wins both of those.  

If that were to happen, Fedor vs. Werdum 2 would be the biggest fight in MMA history.

I really wish Werdum hadn't of signed that 8 fight contract with the ufc and would have let people bid on him. I heard someone say that Henderson's next fight is the last on his contract. I don't know if that is true or not but Hendo goes where the money is. Bigfoot has to be at the end of his contract soon as well. Rizin/Bellator only need to get one of these guys at a time for Fedor to rematch them.

Of course if Werdum is crazy active, which I doubt will happen, he could do 4 fights a year and be done with his contract in 2 years, but at the rate he has been fighting he has probably 5 years there. When Fedor is ready to retire again he could sign with the ufc, fight Werdum and then just walk away since he won't be fighting anymore anyway.

G-MMA Rankings

Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:09 pm
Kinosis wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Kinosis wrote:

I really wish Werdum hadn't of signed that 8 fight contract with the ufc and would have let people bid on him.  I heard someone say that Henderson's next fight is the last on his contract.  I don't know if that is true or not but Hendo goes where the money is.  Bigfoot has to be at the end of his contract soon as well.  Rizin/Bellator only need to get one of these guys at a time for Fedor to rematch them.  

Of course if Werdum is crazy active, which I doubt will happen, he could do 4 fights a year and be done with his contract in 2 years, but at the rate he has been fighting he has probably 5 years there.  When Fedor is ready to retire again he could sign with the ufc, fight Werdum and then just walk away since he won't be fighting anymore anyway.    

Would be great if Hendo and Big Foot could get over to Rizin to rematch Fedor.

Yeah, if Werdum still has the belt, that may be the only way that rematch could happen would be a final retirement fight for Fedor.  I agree, at that point, if it is for sure his last fight, might as well sign a one fight deal to take on the UFC champ wherever he can but I definitely would prefer to see it in the RIZIN ring in Japan, like Johan mentions above.

Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:16 am
Hi Johan! I didn't know that was you!

Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:22 am
Kinosis wrote:Hi Johan!  I didn't know that was you!
I´ve been here all the time Fedor Emelianenko says he’s ready to rematch Fabricio Werdum, Antonio Silva, and Dan Henderson 4241253086
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:11 am
Golden Age wrote:
I´ve been here all the time Fedor Emelianenko says he’s ready to rematch Fabricio Werdum, Antonio Silva, and Dan Henderson 4241253086

lol, so you have. My love for MMA died for a long time because of the oppression of zuffa. But when I heard Fedor was coming back and the creation of Rizin (plus Bellator growing) my old love came back. I actually can't remember his name right now but whatever happened to the guy who had a picture of Sakuraba (and I think he was dressed as Mario in his avatar)?

Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:59 am
Kinosis wrote:
Golden Age wrote:

lol, so you have.  My love for MMA died for a long time because of the oppression of zuffa.  But when I heard Fedor was coming back and the creation of Rizin (plus Bellator growing) my old love came back.  I actually can't remember his name right now but whatever happened to the guy who had a picture of Sakuraba (and I think he was dressed as Mario in his avatar)?
Brace disappeared in 2012 without a word. He was admin so something bad must have happened to him Fedor Emelianenko says he’s ready to rematch Fabricio Werdum, Antonio Silva, and Dan Henderson 8-43

My passion for mma died completely until Rizin came up. I´m only interested in the PRIDE version of mma but sadly almost every promotion sold out and imitated Zuffa with the cage.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:22 pm
Golden Age wrote:
Kinosis wrote:
Golden Age wrote:

lol, so you have.  My love for MMA died for a long time because of the oppression of zuffa.  But when I heard Fedor was coming back and the creation of Rizin (plus Bellator growing) my old love came back.  I actually can't remember his name right now but whatever happened to the guy who had a picture of Sakuraba (and I think he was dressed as Mario in his avatar)?
Brace disappeared in 2012 without a word. He was admin so something bad must have happened to him Fedor Emelianenko says he’s ready to rematch Fabricio Werdum, Antonio Silva, and Dan Henderson 8-43

My passion for mma died completely until Rizin came up. I´m only interested in the PRIDE version of mma but sadly almost every promotion sold out and imitated Zuffa with the cage.

That's unfortunate. I hope he is okay, I guess no one knew him in person. I'm with you. I wish Bellator would switch to a ring as well but at least we now have Rizin. My passion and love for MMA is alive for the first time since Strikeforce ended, but really since Pride died. I'm actually excited for events and for the future of the sport now. And Pride was great at building new stars so we actually have a future now.

G-MMA Rankings

Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:31 pm
^I agree. Interest in this sport for me was waning until real JMMA returned recently.

westcott123
westcott123

Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:48 pm
CDF47 wrote:^I agree.  Interest in this sport for me was waning until real JMMA returned recently.
Same here lets hope the trend continues .
Adax

Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:21 pm
Kinosis wrote:
Golden Age wrote:
Kinosis wrote:
Golden Age wrote:

That's unfortunate.  I hope he is okay, I guess no one knew him in person.  I'm with you.  I wish Bellator would switch to a ring as well but at least we now have Rizin.  My passion and love for MMA is alive for the first time since Strikeforce ended, but really since Pride died.  I'm actually excited for events and for the future of the sport now.  And Pride was great at building new stars so we actually have a future now.  

RIP brace Fedor Emelianenko says he’s ready to rematch Fabricio Werdum, Antonio Silva, and Dan Henderson 2258216839 Sad Fedor Emelianenko says he’s ready to rematch Fabricio Werdum, Antonio Silva, and Dan Henderson 2258216839

Anyways good to have you around again Kinosis, a late welcome back to you sir.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:13 pm
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:^I agree.  Interest in this sport for me was waning until real JMMA returned recently.
Same here lets hope the trend continues .

Definitely hoping for that.

Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:11 pm
AudaxSynth wrote:
Kinosis wrote:
Golden Age wrote:
Kinosis wrote:
Golden Age wrote:

That's unfortunate.  I hope he is okay, I guess no one knew him in person.  I'm with you.  I wish Bellator would switch to a ring as well but at least we now have Rizin.  My passion and love for MMA is alive for the first time since Strikeforce ended, but really since Pride died.  I'm actually excited for events and for the future of the sport now.  And Pride was great at building new stars so we actually have a future now.  

RIP brace Fedor Emelianenko says he’s ready to rematch Fabricio Werdum, Antonio Silva, and Dan Henderson 2258216839 Sad Fedor Emelianenko says he’s ready to rematch Fabricio Werdum, Antonio Silva, and Dan Henderson 2258216839

Anyways good to have you around again Kinosis, a late welcome back to you sir.

Thank you, thank you. It's good seeing everyone again. I feel like Obi-Wan Kenobi coming back after being in exile for years lol

Mon May 02, 2016 7:21 am
Too much too quick. Moldonado is a good level opponent for him.

Don't worry I am still here lurking!
Kinosis
Kinosis

Mon May 02, 2016 5:15 pm
^If he crushes Maldonado I would like to see him fight Henderson, Blagoi Ivanov or Bigfoot next. I want to see him fight all of those guys anyway, and I think all of them are possible. The Werdum rematch would have to involve Fedor going to the ufc since Werdum signed a huge contract.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:49 am
If he beats Moldonado I think Peter Graham might be a good next opponent.

Don't worry I am still here lurking!
Kinosis
Kinosis

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:33 pm
I'm really curious to see where Fedor goes from here, after his next fight. I'd like to see him in the Rizin Open weight tournament and in the first round I would like to see him fight Henderson, Blagoi Ivanov or Bigfoot.

Is any of that going to happen? Who knows, but it would give him a chance to avenge a loss and after that he would have some new fights against guys like Wanderlei or King Mo. Even Blagoi Ivanov would be a new fight in MMA. Of course he has to beat Maldonado first.

G-MMA Rankings

Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:21 pm
Kinosis wrote:I'm really curious to see where Fedor goes from here, after his next fight.  I'd like to see him in the Rizin Open weight tournament and in the first round I would like to see him fight Henderson, Blagoi Ivanov or Bigfoot.  

Is any of that going to happen?  Who knows, but it would give him a chance to avenge a loss and after that he would have some new fights against guys like Wanderlei or King Mo.  Even Blagoi Ivanov would be a new fight in MMA.  Of course he has to beat Maldonado first.

That all sounds good to me. Even if it is not in the GP, those fights would be great to see.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum