GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
nhbnews
nhbnews
The Godfather of MMA Media
http://eddiegoldman.com

Tenth Anniversary of 'No Holds Barred' Celebrated with Series of All-Star Shows Empty Tenth Anniversary of 'No Holds Barred' Celebrated with Series of All-Star Shows

Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:23 am

March 7, 2016, NEW YORK -- This week marks the tenth anniversary of the start of the ground-breaking combat sports and martial arts podcast, No Holds Barred, hosted and produced by the "conscience of combat sports", Eddie Goldman. To celebrate the continuous running of this show for all these years, this month and beyond we will be having a series of interviews with some of the most important people around the world in these sports.

So far interviews are lined up with:

*** Mike Chapman, wrestling author and historian, about the past, present, and future of wrestling, and the potential of catch wrestling.

*** Kid Peligro, the veteran "Pied Piper" 0f Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu about the growth and future of BJJ and grappling.

*** Kevin Jackson, Olympic gold medalist wrestler and present head coach of the Iowa State Cyclones.

*** John Perretti, the lifelong martial artist, former UFC and Battlecade Extreme Fighting matchmaker, TV commentator, author, and No Holds Barred senior correspondent.

*** Bob Carson, veteran MMA journalist, one of the few who remains independent and outspoken on the key issues facing MMA.

*** Charles Farrell, the award-winning boxing writer whose behind-the-scenes perspectives have pulled the covers off the often deceptive and illusory world of pro boxing.

*** Dr. Margaret Goodman, president and board chairman of the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association, and a long-time fighter for health and safety for combat sports athletes including on the issues of concussions, head trauma, CTE, and doping.

*** Jens Sejer Andersen, international director of Play the Game, which has been exposing corruption and fighting for democracy in world sport.

The dates for the posting of these interviews will be determined as they take place, with more interviews planned.

For more information, go to EddieGoldman.com.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tenth Anniversary of 'No Holds Barred' Celebrated with Series of All-Star Shows Empty Re: Tenth Anniversary of 'No Holds Barred' Celebrated with Series of All-Star Shows

Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:35 pm
10th Anniversary...That's awesome Eddie!  Looks like you will have some really solid guests planned as well.  Looks like a great schedule.

I listened in to some so far. Good show.
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Tenth Anniversary of 'No Holds Barred' Celebrated with Series of All-Star Shows Empty Re: Tenth Anniversary of 'No Holds Barred' Celebrated with Series of All-Star Shows

Tue May 10, 2016 8:16 pm
Isn't your show older than that or is this just in the Podcast form?
nhbnews
nhbnews

Tue May 10, 2016 8:52 pm
Just this podcast is ten years old. Podcasting only began in 2005, and by March 2006 mine was up and running. The Internet radio show of the same name ran from 1999 to 2001, and I did radio and public access TV as well as writing about combat sports throughout the 1990s.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue May 10, 2016 9:56 pm
nhbnews wrote:Just this podcast is ten years old. Podcasting only began in 2005, and by March 2006 mine was up and running. The Internet radio show of the same name ran from 1999 to 2001, and I did radio and public access TV as well as writing about combat sports throughout the 1990s.

I remember seeing your radio show for the first time when "Smashing Machine" first aired on HBO in 2002.
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:25 am
^^^yeah that's actually why I asked, I remember seeing "The Smashing Machine".
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:57 pm
InfinityLens wrote:^^^yeah that's actually why I asked, I remember seeing "The Smashing Machine".

I watched that show a number of times on HBO after it first aired.  I think I still have an old recording of it somewhere.  It's definitely worth watching for any MMA fan.

Last edited by CDF47 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
nhbnews
nhbnews

Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:02 pm
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:03 pm
nhbnews wrote:

Nice. Have not seen this in years. Might have to watch it again.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum