GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CODELMJVG
CODELMJVG

We need help and people to voice there opinion. (petition) Bring back soccer kicks Empty We need help and people to voice there opinion. (petition) Bring back soccer kicks

Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:17 am
I'm talking to one of my people in twitter

https://www.change.org/p/mmajunkie-com-bring-back-soccer-kicks-to-one-championship?recruiter=24692408&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_twitter_responsive

I sent a message to Victor Cui and a couple other ONE Championship people voicing my thoughts.
Rodney David Falberg

"As a fan of ONE Championship I am extremely disappointed by the organization's decision to no longer allow soccer kicks to the head of an opponent.  The argument that is for the safety of the fighters is ludicrous.  Combat sports in general have a higher level of health risks than other sports, so why is ONE Championship trying to sanitize the purity of the sport?  What made ONE Championship unique and different from organizations like the UFC was that it allowed soccer kicks.  Soccer kicks have given ONE Championship some of its greatest, most exciting, and most memorable KO's that will go down in MMA history.  Now, ONE championship it seems is trying to remodel itself into sort of a UFC prototype in Southeast Asia.  It is extremely disappointing to see ONE Championship do this and not only deprive the fans of amazing highlight reel KO's and it's fighters another tool they can use for victory, but rob itself of something that set it apart from MMA in the US that is heavily geared toward favoring grapplers.  Soccer kicks give strikers in MMA another tool in which to combat grapplers, and by banning soccer kicks ONE Championship is adding a rule that gives grapplers another edge over the strikers by limiting what the striker can do.  If ONE Championship is concerned about it's fan base, then why doesn't it ask them if they want to see soccer kicks stay or go?  At the very least give the fans a chance to decide.  Send out a petition of some kind.  Again, I am disappointed to see ONE Championship strip itself of something that made it unique in the mixed martial arts world."

Global MMA members please do and aid some help.

Recent responses to some of the people of ONE
We need help and people to voice there opinion. (petition) Bring back soccer kicks 2016-016
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

We need help and people to voice there opinion. (petition) Bring back soccer kicks Empty Re: We need help and people to voice there opinion. (petition) Bring back soccer kicks

Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:23 pm
It doesn't have anything to do with safety at all...

In the article it mentions this.

Its all to do with "perception of brutality"...

ONE had high end sponsors like disney and with recent investors of high profile it isnt surprising to see them making changes.

Whats dumb imo is that they still allow kneese to a downed opponent which are more devastating then kicks.

Anyway i liked ones global rules too bad they are changing in order to grow.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

We need help and people to voice there opinion. (petition) Bring back soccer kicks Empty Re: We need help and people to voice there opinion. (petition) Bring back soccer kicks

Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:26 pm
fuck ONE FC

they're fucking herbert burns over by not giving him fights because they want asian champions
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:04 pm
Bad move by ONE FC. Not sure why they would want to be another cage org. with no special rules. Glad there is Rizin though.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:56 am
CDF47 wrote:Bad move by ONE FC.  Not sure why they would want to be another cage org. with no special rules.  Glad there is Rizin though.

Agree. Sadly, Unified Rules are coming so it's going to get worse.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:23 pm
One without PRIDE rules is like any UFC wannabee out there. So many promotions turned to crap lately.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:46 pm
Wait. When did this happen?!?!?!?!?!?!

Soccer kicks were what made ONE different. I don't even think I want to watch them anymore now.
westcott123
westcott123

Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:42 am
Hamilcar wrote:Wait.  When did this happen?!?!?!?!?!?!

Soccer kicks were what made ONE different.  I don't even think I want to watch them anymore now.

Last week ,week before yeah it was what made it different now it's just a ufc Asian version
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum