GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Sakakibara/Millen interview with Forbes magazine  Empty Sakakibara/Millen interview with Forbes magazine

Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:18 pm
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sakakibara/Millen interview with Forbes magazine  Empty Re: Sakakibara/Millen interview with Forbes magazine

Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:43 pm
Good interview. Hopefully ONE FC joins their federation which they mention in the article.
KakutogiBoomBap
KakutogiBoomBap

Sakakibara/Millen interview with Forbes magazine  Empty Re: Sakakibara/Millen interview with Forbes magazine

Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:47 am
Great Interview:

For me, Pride was all about quality, not quantity. People waited for those PRIDE and UFC events back in the day. They anticipated it. Now, very rarely do you have that. So with Rizin, we’ll have 5-6 events at the most per year.

^^^THIS

and

Millen: If we’re going to do a show in the U.S., sure we could do it on our own, but I love competition. Unfortunately, the UFC — you can call them greedy, a monopoly, whatever you want to call them — they don’t play well with others. Mark my words: You will never see a co-promotion with the UFC again.

Bellator? Sure. I’d love to do a co-promotion with Scott (Coker), put Bellator fighters up against Rizin fighters. I think fans would love to see that.

^^^ and agreed.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:47 am
KakutogiBoomBap wrote:Great Interview:

For me, Pride was all about quality, not quantity. People waited for those PRIDE and UFC events back in the day. They anticipated it. Now, very rarely do you have that. So with Rizin, we’ll have 5-6 events at the most per year.

^^^THIS

and

Millen: If we’re going to do a show in the U.S., sure we could do it on our own, but I love competition. Unfortunately, the UFC — you can call them greedy, a monopoly, whatever you want to call them — they don’t play well with others. Mark my words: You will never see a co-promotion with the UFC again.

Bellator? Sure. I’d love to do a co-promotion with Scott (Coker), put Bellator fighters up against Rizin fighters. I think fans would love to see that.

^^^ and agreed.

Those were some of the best parts of the interview. They are spot on with the 5 - 6 events. Already can't wait for the NYE shows but the wait makes the event that much better, like the old days of MMA.
KakutogiBoomBap
KakutogiBoomBap

Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:49 pm
CDF47 wrote:

^^^THIS

and

^^^ and agreed.

Those were some of the best parts of the interview.  They are spot on with the 5 - 6 events.  Already can't wait for the NYE shows but the wait makes the event that much better, like the old days of MMA.  

That's right and that is what lot of em don't seem to understand - quantity does not equal quality. It makes you appreciate it that much more.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:59 pm
KakutogiBoomBap wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

^^^THIS

and

^^^ and agreed.

Those were some of the best parts of the interview.  They are spot on with the 5 - 6 events.  Already can't wait for the NYE shows but the wait makes the event that much better, like the old days of MMA.  

That's right and that is what lot of em don't seem to understand - quantity does not equal quality. It makes you appreciate it that much more.

Agreed. Rizin brings the quality shows.
InfinityLens
InfinityLens

Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:11 pm
I think they should aim for 1 show a month (12 a year). 6 is a good # for next year though.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum