GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evgeni kogan on Fedor's Next opponent

+5
monaroCountry
StillWill
CDF47
Wolfman
ZuffaKiller
9 posters
Go down
ZuffaKiller

Evgeni kogan on Fedor's Next opponent Empty Evgeni kogan on Fedor's Next opponent

Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:09 pm
Fedor's next opponent (for June 21) is going to be announced very soon. Look out for the announcement this week!

http://twitter.com/#!/evgenikogan
Wolfman
Wolfman

Evgeni kogan on Fedor's Next opponent Empty Re: Evgeni kogan on Fedor's Next opponent

Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:16 pm
God, finally! Can't wait to see who it is. I'm tired of everytime tons of stupid rumors. War Evgeni kogan on Fedor's Next opponent 852107159 !!!
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Evgeni kogan on Fedor's Next opponent Empty Re: Evgeni kogan on Fedor's Next opponent

Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:25 pm
On Inside MMA yesterday Igor Gracie mentioned that Rolles Gracie was working on finalizing negotiations to fight Fedor so I am pretty sure that is who it will be.
StillWill
StillWill

Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:46 pm
Enough tune ups for Fedor.. lets get him in there with a worldclass opponent..
monaroCountry

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:01 pm
If an experinced, world class BJJ champion, a monster chin, with fighter spirit, and several top wins under his belt like Monson is warmup then all these UFC fighters with far less experince, far less skills, and an inability to take punishments would be warmup fodder.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:10 pm
monaroCountry wrote:If an experinced, world class BJJ champion, a monster chin, with fighter spirit, and several top wins under his belt like Monson is warmup then all these UFC fighters with far less experince, far less skills, and an inability to take punishments would be warmup fodder.

You're right. I understand what you're saying, but Fedya needs more interesting fights than Rolles, Duffee or even Lashley. The best ones would be Kharitonov or Barnett right now, but i'm 99,9% sure it won't be the case unfortunately.

After 3 losses we can't say he should face the 1# but still he completly owned Monson and Ishii. He needs someone better than those guys now. Lashley or even Rolles (great BJJ but nothing on MMA yet) would be a step back.
Adax

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:40 pm
Sergei vs. Fedor needs to happen this year.

what could be a solid fight would be Thiago Santos vs. Fedya, there's a hell of an opponent for the GOAT at this stage! by the way i'm completely clueless about Big Monster's Bellator contract at this current state but he'd definitely be one of the most formidable fights for Fedor right now.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:46 pm
AudaxPowder wrote:Sergei vs. Fedor needs to happen this year.

what could be a solid fight would be Thiago Santos vs. Fedya, there's a hell of an opponent for the GOAT at this stage! by the way i'm completely clueless about Big Monster's Bellator contract at this current state but he'd definitely be one of the most formidable fights for Fedor right now.

Yeah, Sergei vs. Fedor should happen.

Thiago would be an interesting fight. I wish M-1 would try cross-promoting fights w/ Bellator for guys like Konrad/Prindle winner and Santos.
StillWill
StillWill

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:51 pm
monaroCountry wrote:If an experinced, world class BJJ champion, a monster chin, with fighter spirit, and several top wins under his belt like Monson is warmup then all these UFC fighters with far less experince, far less skills, and an inability to take punishments would be warmup fodder.
Monson is underrated by most but he was never world level in MMA. It was an easy win for Fedor who was and always has been several levels above. Fedor would mop the floor with Rolles, it wont even be close. Id rather see him fight someone better and more experienced.
KSW
KSW

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:01 pm
It´s time for Zuffa to start sharing the fighters. They don´t own them and hopefully Zuffa will be forced to let the fighters fight outside the promotion.
StillWill
StillWill

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:03 pm
I hate the way MMA is landscaped, with organizations owning houses of fighters.
KSW
KSW

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:12 pm
StillWill wrote:I hate the way MMA is landscaped, with organizations owning houses of fighters.
Yeah it´s totally fucked up. The fighters should be in focus not the promotions. I wish it was more like boxing where no one cares about who promotes the fight. A good fight is always a good fight.
StillWill
StillWill

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:15 pm
Agreed

I love m1 though

Smile
Wolfman
Wolfman

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:19 pm
^

I believe it's ok to like some orgs, specially the ones that are more open and co-promote, M-1 has good ideas and did some nice things. It's not like the UFC now going all Smeagol on their fighters.
KSW
KSW

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:23 pm
M-1 is great and they put all focus on the fighters and co-promotion, the way it should be. Zuffa on the other hand...
monaroCountry

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:24 pm
CDF47 wrote:
AudaxPowder wrote:Sergei vs. Fedor needs to happen this year.

Yeah, Sergei vs. Fedor should happen.

Thiago would be an interesting fight. I wish M-1 would try cross-promoting fights w/ Bellator for guys like Konrad/Prindle winner and Santos.

Id love to see Sergei v Fedor but I think Sergei v Alex would be a fight id want to see first. Vadim has already said that he desperately wants this to happen and I think both fighters want the same thing (Sergei more so than Alex).

Eric Prindle aka Big Monster is a good fighter but I dont think he deserves a fight with the GOAT at this early stage, the guy is an up and comer just like other M-1 HW, HW who should also be regarded in the same light (unfortunately the MMA media ignores fighters outside America in most instances).

Its been shown that M-1 does does and will co-promote. Why is the onus always on M-1 to co-promote? what about Bellator co-promoting first before trying to steal fighters from other promotions. I get the impression that Bellator is trying too hard to be a mini UFC, this is unfortunate since Bellator and MMA would be far strnoger if they only tried to work with each other.

StillWill wrote:Monson is underrated by most but he was never world level in MMA. It was an easy win for Fedor who was and always has been several levels above. Fedor would mop the floor with Rolles, it wont even be close. Id rather see him fight someone better and more experienced.

It was an easy win for Fedor because of his much improved kickboxing. Someone like Sergei Kharitonov and Roy Nelson werent so lucky. In todays MMA, two solid wins against top comp should be enough, afterall its enough for UFC fighters to have one solid win even against past their prime fighters.

I actually rate Monson higher than many current UFC fighters.

Kinosis
Kinosis

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:26 pm
^That is true, most of the ufc guys just have 1 or 2 name wins, usually over guys like 8 years past their prime. I mean heck, Frank Mir is the #2 contender at HW in the UFC right now lol.
Fisticuffa
Fisticuffa

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:55 pm
StillWill wrote:I hate the way MMA is landscaped, with organizations owning houses of fighters.
There is a proposed bill in Cali that might make many UFC (& other MMA promoters) restrictions on their fighters illegal:

http://www.fightline.com/fl/wire/2012/0411/wire410211/30115/

Key points:
AB 2100 authorizes the State Athletic Commission to revoke or refuse to renew the license of any mixed martial arts (MMA) promoter in California that participates in coercive and unfair contracting practices. This bill also extends the scope of the Boxers’ Pension Plan to include professional MMA fighters licensed in California.
Fighters licensed in California who compete in these contests often undergo years of demanding training, and risk serious injury. Despite these physical risks, California MMA fighters have no pension benefits and limited protection against exploitation. Promoters often require that MMA fighters in California agree to coercive and oppressive contract terms that can include exclusivity clauses, unlimited merchandise rights agreements and legal waivers among other things.

This bill will protect professional MMA fighters from unethical business practices and would extend legal protection currently afforded to professional boxers by the Boxers’ Pension Plan and the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act of 2000.
SECTION 1. Section 18649 is added to the Business and Professions Code, to read:

18649. (a) The commission shall revoke or refuse to renew the license of any mixed martial arts promoter that enters into a contract with a mixed martial arts fighter in the state of California if the contract contains one or more coercive provisions. A contract provision shall be considered coercive to the extent that it does any of the following:

(1) Assigns any future merchandising rights to a promoter beyond the term of the promotional contract.
(2) Automatically renews the contract or extends the term without good faith, arms-length negotiation.
(3) Grants the promoter a right to match the terms of a competing offer or contract.
(4) Grants the promoter a right to enter into exclusive negotiations with a mixed martial arts fighter.

(5) Restricts a mixed martial arts fighter from sponsoring another firm, product, or individual.
(6) Requires a mixed martial arts fighter to relinquish any legal claims for negligence that the fighter has, or may acquire in the future, against the promoter.
(7) Restricts a mixed martial arts fighter from contracting with another promoter.
(8) Requires a mixed martial arts fighter to forfeit any rights as a condition precedent to the fighter’s participation in a contest.
KSW
KSW

Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:55 am
Fisticuffa wrote:
There is a proposed bill in Cali that might make many UFC (& other MMA promoters) restrictions on their fighters illegal:

Key points:
AB 2100 authorizes the State Athletic Commission to revoke or refuse to renew the license of any mixed martial arts (MMA) promoter in California that participates in coercive and unfair contracting practices. This bill also extends the scope of the Boxers’ Pension Plan to include professional MMA fighters licensed in California.
Fighters licensed in California who compete in these contests often undergo years of demanding training, and risk serious injury. Despite these physical risks, California MMA fighters have no pension benefits and limited protection against exploitation. Promoters often require that MMA fighters in California agree to coercive and oppressive contract terms that can include exclusivity clauses, unlimited merchandise rights agreements and legal waivers among other things.

This bill will protect professional MMA fighters from unethical business practices and would extend legal protection currently afforded to professional boxers by the Boxers’ Pension Plan and the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act of 2000.
SECTION 1. Section 18649 is added to the Business and Professions Code, to read:

18649. (a) The commission shall revoke or refuse to renew the license of any mixed martial arts promoter that enters into a contract with a mixed martial arts fighter in the state of California if the contract contains one or more coercive provisions. A contract provision shall be considered coercive to the extent that it does any of the following:

(1) Assigns any future merchandising rights to a promoter beyond the term of the promotional contract.
(2) Automatically renews the contract or extends the term without good faith, arms-length negotiation.
(3) Grants the promoter a right to match the terms of a competing offer or contract.
(4) Grants the promoter a right to enter into exclusive negotiations with a mixed martial arts fighter.

(5) Restricts a mixed martial arts fighter from sponsoring another firm, product, or individual.
(6) Requires a mixed martial arts fighter to relinquish any legal claims for negligence that the fighter has, or may acquire in the future, against the promoter.
(7) Restricts a mixed martial arts fighter from contracting with another promoter.
(8) Requires a mixed martial arts fighter to forfeit any rights as a condition precedent to the fighter’s participation in a contest.
This is truly great
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:21 pm
Fisticuffa wrote:

Key points:

That is sweet. Definitely good for the fighters and the fans (cross-promo or fighter sharing).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum