GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Kanna Asakura Dominates Saori Ishioka to Take Final Spot in RIZIN Women's GP Empty Kanna Asakura Dominates Saori Ishioka to Take Final Spot in RIZIN Women's GP

Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:18 pm
KANNA ASAKURA DOMINATES SAORI ISHIOKA TO TAKE THE FINAL SPOT FOR RIZIN FF’S WOMEN’S GP

TOKYO SHINJUKU – August 26th, Japan’s only all women’s MMA promotion DEEP JEWELS held their event at the Shinjuku FACE hall, where the 29 year old Japanese WMMA pioneer Saori Ishoka and 19 year old Kanna Asakura squared off to determine who will be taking the last seat left for RIZIN’s first ever women’s GP.

Both fighters are coming off of wins from their fights in RIZIN Yokohama, Ishioka winning by submission and Asakura winning by unanimous decision. The classic, veteran vs newcomer fight was heavily anticipated to see who would win the last ticket to the GP.

Asakura dominated the fight with perfectly timed takedowns and throws submission attempts to ground and pound. Ishioka did everything she could to keep the wrestler at distance by throwing crisp jabs and powerful kicks, but had little to offer against Asakura’s aggressive takedowns and top control. Asakura showed improvement in her overall fight game and explosiveness in power.

Asakura said in the post-fight interview “I was very concerned and nervous about this fight, because a lot was at stake, and Ishioka is an extremely tough veteran. In a perfect world, I wanted to finish the fight and enter the GP with my head high, but she was very strong. Ishioka was in this sport since the beginning, when nobody cared about women’s fighting, and since I’m just a newcomer, people may think that there are more fighters who belong in the tournament than me, but I promise you that I will proudly represent Ishioka and everybody who deserves the recognition, and win this tournament.  Ishioka san, thank you very much for fighting me.”

Asakura will be facing Poland’s Silwia Juskiewicz (7-4) in the opening round of the Super Atom weight tournament.

Confirmed bouts:
[Women’s Super Atom weight GP opening round]
RENA vs Andy Nguyen
Miyuu Yamamoto vs Irene Rivera
Kanna Asakura vs Sylwia Juskiewicz
Alyssa Garcia vs Maria Oliveira

[Bantamweight GP opening round Bracket B]
Shintaro Ishiwatari vs Akhmed Musakaev
Erson Yamamoto vs Manel Kape
TBA vs TBA

[Grappling match]
Kazushi Sakuraba vs Dan Henderson

RIZIN FIGHTING FEDERATION WORLD GRAND-PRIX 2017
Bantamweight Tournament & Women’s Super Atom weight tournament – AUTUMN
Doors open at 12:30 pm, Opening Ceremony at 2:00 pm on October 15th at the Fukuoka Marine Messe.

Tickets can be purchased at www.stubhub.com

Follow RIZIN FF:
Website - http://www.rizinff.com/en/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/rizinfightingfederation/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rizin_PR

Last edited by CDF47 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Kanna Asakura Dominates Saori Ishioka to Take Final Spot in RIZIN Women's GP Empty Re: Kanna Asakura Dominates Saori Ishioka to Take Final Spot in RIZIN Women's GP

Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:19 pm
The final spot in the women's GP has been filled. Men and Women's GPs in October.
westcott123
westcott123

Kanna Asakura Dominates Saori Ishioka to Take Final Spot in RIZIN Women's GP Empty Re: Kanna Asakura Dominates Saori Ishioka to Take Final Spot in RIZIN Women's GP

Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:18 am
I can not wait though I do hope Rizin does more events 8-10 events per year.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:33 am
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2718986-sex-drugs-gangsters-and-mma-remembering-pride-ufcs-wild-predecessor

Found this might be an interesting read i read part way doesn't seem to be a rip into pride piece ufc zombies write about.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:18 pm
westcott123 wrote:I can not wait though I do hope Rizin does more events 8-10 events per year.

I know, I can't wait either. Glad October is only one month away and they added a show this year.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:21 pm
westcott123 wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2718986-sex-drugs-gangsters-and-mma-remembering-pride-ufcs-wild-predecessor

Found this might be an interesting read i read part way doesn't seem to be a rip into pride piece ufc zombies write about.

It was a bit of a rip into Pride. Pride was the best org. and now we have Rizin which is Pride 2.0.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:21 pm
I think it's great how Rizin has fighters in other leagues fighting to make their way into the GP. That is a great way to setup an awesome GP!
westcott123
westcott123

Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:39 pm
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2718986-sex-drugs-gangsters-and-mma-remembering-pride-ufcs-wild-predecessor

It was a bit of a rip into Pride.  Pride was the best org. and now we have Rizin which is Pride 2.0.

I agree there was after reading the entire thing One thing they talked about is the whole pride was the spectacle and the ufc as the sport of course the ufc is/were the athletes fight pride is were the fighters/warriors fought .

The whole if it is not sanction by an athletic commission then it ain't real what's the definition of a sanction fight ?
Rounds yes
Time limit yes
Rules yes
Ref yes
Medic yes

Gotta laugh at the people who get defensive when the ferrtiata mafia background was bought up riiiiiight fertita snr didn't have his sons involved in his activities.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:41 pm
CDF47 wrote:

It was a bit of a rip into Pride.  Pride was the best org. and now we have Rizin which is Pride 2.0.

True though Rizin still has a long way to go before it can reach pride status
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:58 pm
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

I agree there was after reading the entire thing   One thing they talked about is the whole pride was the spectacle and the ufc as the sport of course the ufc is/were the athletes fight pride is were the fighters/warriors fought .

The whole if it is not sanction by an athletic commission then it ain't real what's the definition of a sanction fight ?
Rounds yes
Time limit yes
Rules yes
Ref yes
Medic yes

Gotta laugh at the people who get defensive when the ferrtiata mafia background was bought up riiiiiight fertita snr didn't have his sons involved in his activities.

True, PRIDE was legit. Combat sports have always been shady with boxing to MMA and others. It's just how it's always been.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:59 pm
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

I agree but they have the right formula and I love what they are doing so far. They replicate PRIDE very well and the changes they made are often improvements actually which I was surprised to see. Rizin is my new favorite MMA org. by far.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:48 pm
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

I agree but they have the right formula and I love what they are doing so far.  They replicate PRIDE very well and the changes they made are often improvements actually which I was surprised to see.  Rizin is my new favorite MMA org. by far.

True in the next few years I can see Rizin becoming a major force on the world stage .I do see it as a top 3 organization in the years to come and I do think it will over take one fc as the premiere mma organization in Asia.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:33 am
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

I agree but they have the right formula and I love what they are doing so far.  They replicate PRIDE very well and the changes they made are often improvements actually which I was surprised to see.  Rizin is my new favorite MMA org. by far.

True in the next few years I can see Rizin becoming a major force on the world stage .I do see it as a top 3 organization in the years to come and I do think it will over take one fc as the premiere mma organization in Asia.

Same here. ONE FC blew their chance when they first decided on a cage and then got rid of soccer kicks. Now they're just another cage org. Rizin has the ring, the PRIDE production, and the rules (plus elbows).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum