GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Bellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty Bellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:45 pm
Bellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) B204_1920x1080_announce.jpg?quality=0
Bellator 204
August 17, 2018
Sanford Pentagon
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USABellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg

Main Card:
Bellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Darrrion-caldwell-headshot.png?quality=0Bellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svgDarrion Caldwell (11-1) vs.        (12-3) Noad LahatBellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 21px-Flag_of_Israel.svgBellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Noad-lahat.png?quality=0   
Main Event | Featherweight | 145 lbs (66 kg)
Bellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Logan-storley-headshot.png?quality=0Bellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svgLogan Storley (8-0)      vs.        (9-7) AJ MatthewsBellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svgBellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Aj-matthews-headshot.png?quality=0   
Co-Main Event | Welterweight | 170 lbs (77 kg)
Bellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Ricky-bandejas-headshot.png?quality=0Bellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svgRicky Bandejas (10-1)   vs. (7-0) James  GallagherBellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svgBellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) James-gallagher.png?quality=0   
Main Card | Featherweight | 145 lbs (66 kg)
Bellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Tywan-claxton-headshot.png?quality=0Bellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svgTy-wan Claxton (2-0)     vs.      (4-1) Cris LencioniBellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svgBellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Cris-williams-headshot.png?quality=0   
Main Card | Featherweight | 145 lbs (66 kg))

Bellator 204 will be headlined by the promotion's bantamweight champion Darrion Caldwell (12-1) testing himself against Noad Lahat (12-3) in a non-title featherweight matchup.

A welterweight bout will serve as the co-main event of the card, when South Dakota-native Logan Storley(8-0) takes on the always-dangerous A.J. Matthews (9-7).

Caldwell, a 30-year-old Rahway, New Jersey native and the current Bellator bantamweight champion, will step up a weight class to take on Lahat in an exciting featherweight non-title affair on Aug. 17. Fighting out of San Diego, Calif., "The Wolf" has emerged as one of the most well-rounded fighters in the 135-pound class, collecting nine victories since signing with Bellator in 2013. The 2009 NCAA D1 National Champion wrestler from NC State boasts a resume that includes five first-round finishes, a 25-minute war against Eduardo Dantas for the world title and a textbook guillotine choke submission victory over Leandro Higo in his first career title defense earlier this year. Caldwell will look for his 13th professional and fourth consecutive win when he enters the cage as a 145-pounder for the first time since 2014.

A black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu currently training at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas, Lahat made his professional debut in 2008 where he began an impressive streak of seven consecutive victories. The 34-year-old hails from Alfei Menashe, Samaria, Israel, Lahat and served as a soldier in the Israeli Defense Forces before transitioning to his MMA career. Lahat holds a 3-1 record in Bellator with his most recent win coming against Jeremiah Labiano this past November and now welcomes the Bellator bantamweight champion to his weight class when he enters the cage on Aug. 17.

Hailing from Webster, S.D., the 25-year-old Storley will fight in front of his hometown fans at Bellator 204 when he makes his fourth appearance for Bellator. The 4x NCAA All-American wrestler from the University of Minnesota has quickly climbed the ranks as one of the most dangerous welterweights in mixed martial arts, earning eight-straight victories to begin his career, including six knockouts and five first-round finishes. A win over the equally-dangerous Matthews on Aug. 17 would only further cement his name amongst the division's best, as Storley hopes to protect his unblemished mark of 8-0.

Fighting out of Carlsbad, Calif., Matthews will be making his 11thappearance under the Bellator MMA umbrella; a seven-year stretch that has earned the promotional veteran five victories, including a pair of first-round knockouts and a highlight reel-soccer kick finish over Charlie Rader. The 30-year-old certainly knows how to put on a show, with nine of his 16 career fights ending in a knockout, including six in the first round. "Mercenary" will look to build on his recent win over Kendall Grove at Bellator 193, as he enters the cage against hometown favorite Storley in the co-main event.

Last edited by Kingfedor on Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
westcott123
westcott123

Bellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty Re: Bellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:08 am
If darion wins I would not mind seeing him vs pit bull.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Bellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty Re: Bellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat - August 17 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:14 am
westcott123 wrote:If darion wins I would not mind seeing him vs pit bull.

Would be interesting but we need to see if Pitbull gets through Weichel. Not to mention that I think this fight is to keep him busy and he'll face the winner of Dantas/McDonald.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:04 am
Weichel is going to be a test for sure, like last time. That is a big fight I want to see again coming up.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:25 pm
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:34 pm
Official Weigh-Ins:
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:05 am
Big fight tonight with Caldwell (non-title fight at 145).  Plus, James Gallagher is back.

Last edited by CDF47 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:06 pm
What a performance! Ricky Bandejas derails "The Strabanimal" James Gallagher. Sweet chin music!!!
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:08 am
Kingfedor wrote:What a performance! Ricky Bandejas derails "The Strabanimal" James Gallagher. Sweet chin music!!!

Yeah, that was nice. Gallagher was so cocky and tried to act so much like McGregor. He was humbled in that quick 1st round beat down.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:14 am
Kingfedor wrote:What a performance! Ricky Bandejas derails "The Strabanimal" James Gallagher. Sweet chin music!!!

Love the sweet chin music reference. Bandejas may have punches his ticket to a title shot if McDonald is out long term.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:33 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Love the sweet chin music reference. Bandejas may have punches his ticket to a title shot if McDonald is out long term.

If McDonald remains out a while; either Badejas or Joe Taimanglo would make sense. Caldwell is talking about a fight with Freire for the 145 lbs title though. He fought at 145 yesterday, so I am not sure what Bellator has planned for him and these two divisions.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:02 am
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

If McDonald remains out a while; either Badejas or Joe Taimanglo would make sense.  Caldwell is talking about a fight with Freire for the 145 lbs title though.  He fought at 145 yesterday, so I am not sure what Bellator has planned for him and these two divisions.

Well, that fight won't happen anytime since Freire is already booked with Sanchez in November. I'm tired of champs now more focused on other belts instead of defending their own but if Bellator goes that route, they might as well get Caldwell to defend in November or December and possibly book something in 2019.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:37 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

If McDonald remains out a while; either Badejas or Joe Taimanglo would make sense.  Caldwell is talking about a fight with Freire for the 145 lbs title though.  He fought at 145 yesterday, so I am not sure what Bellator has planned for him and these two divisions.

Well, that fight won't happen anytime since Freire is already booked with Sanchez in November. I'm tired of champs now more focused on other belts instead of defending their own but if Bellator goes that route, they might as well get Caldwell to defend in November or December and possibly book something in 2019.

Yeah, there is often too many delays in title defenses.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:02 pm
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

I always look at it like if it was like PRIDE where they fought sometimes 4-6 times a year, It wouldn't be a problem but they usually fight twice which can cause logjams. I guess it also depends on the weight class as it's not bad Bader is doing it cause Light Heavyweight is barren right now.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:30 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

I always look at it like if it was like PRIDE where they fought sometimes 4-6 times a year, It wouldn't be a problem but they usually fight twice which can cause logjams. I guess it also depends on the weight class as it's not bad Bader is doing it cause Light Heavyweight is barren right now.

Yeah, they need to restack the LHW division.  They should bring in and build up new talent there. They have Valentin Moldavsky who is a top contender now but aside from that much of the division needs new talent.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:01 am
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Yeah, they need to restack the LHW division.  They should bring in and build up new talent there.  They have Valentin Moldavsky who is a top contender now but aside from that much of the division needs new talent.

Moldavsky is fighting in the Heavyweight division. Nemkov is the future of the LHW division. Bellator are also trying to build up new prospect such as Tyree Fortune (4-0), Jarod Trice (3-0) and Jordan Young (9-0) but this is surely the weakeast bellator division.
westcott123
westcott123

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:23 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

I agree unless that person plans to fight 4x 5x a year it just creates a log jam the ufc has made the same mistakes hope bellator does not go down the same path. The other problem is it takes away the excitement of two champions clashing it is way more exciting when two dominante champions have defended multiple times fight then two people who just won the belt.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:44 am
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

I agree unless that person plans to fight 4x 5x a year it just creates a log jam the ufc has made the same mistakes hope bellator does not go down the same path. The other problem is it takes away the excitement of two champions clashing it is way more exciting when two dominante champions have defended multiple times fight then two people who just won the belt.

Sadly, it's a huge issue in a lot of the major promotions. It's very annoying since the point of two champions is supposed to be a superfight usually when at least one have clean out their division but now it's to the point where a champion wins a belt and they want another without defending. They're gluttonous.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:37 am
Kingfedor wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Yeah, they need to restack the LHW division.  They should bring in and build up new talent there.  They have Valentin Moldavsky who is a top contender now but aside from that much of the division needs new talent.

Moldavsky is fighting in the Heavyweight division. Nemkov is the future of the LHW division. Bellator are also trying to build up new prospect such as Tyree Fortune (4-0), Jarod Trice (3-0) and Jordan Young (9-0) but this is surely the weakeast bellator division.

Yeah, you're right and it sucks because it is one of my favorite divisions after HW.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:38 am
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Bellator and Rizin could learn a lot from the mistakes UFC has made. Of course no one is perfect but it is best to learn from others mistakes and not repeat them.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:28 am
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:

Bellator and Rizin could learn a lot from the mistakes UFC has made.  Of course no one is perfect but it is best to learn from others mistakes and not repeat them.

I hope so but then again, the UFC's mistakes were boxing's mistakes and they didn't learn. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:25 am
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
westcott123 wrote:
Rocksoldier84 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Bellator and Rizin could learn a lot from the mistakes UFC has made.  Of course no one is perfect but it is best to learn from others mistakes and not repeat them.

I hope so but then again, the UFC's mistakes were boxing's mistakes and they didn't learn. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat.

Yes and UFC even made some of their own. For instance, putting Reebok on every fighter and everywhere else. There are a number of fighters that were never happy with that deal.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:01 pm
Sadly, I heard this show didn't draw that well. Not surprised since they didn't have star power as it was mostly a show to expose new fighters and prospects.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:28 pm
Rocksoldier84 wrote:Sadly, I heard this show didn't draw that well. Not surprised since they didn't have star power as it was mostly a show to expose new fighters and prospects.

I saw the ratings were pretty bad for this one.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum