GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

ONE Championship: Reign of Kings - Nguyen vs. Belingon also Renzo return- July 27 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty ONE Championship: Reign of Kings - Nguyen vs. Belingon also Renzo return- July 27 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:42 pm
ONE Championship: Reign of Kings - Nguyen vs. Belingon also Renzo return- July 27 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 37202234_1899031193453460_981643551781683200_n
ONE FC
July 27, 2018
Mall of Asia Arena
Manila, Philippines
ONE Championship: Reign of Kings - Nguyen vs. Belingon also Renzo return- July 27 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_Philippines.svg

Main Card:
ONE Championship: Reign of Kings - Nguyen vs. Belingon also Renzo return- July 27 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svgMartin Nguyen (11-2)      vs.  (18-5) Kevin BelingonONE Championship: Reign of Kings - Nguyen vs. Belingon also Renzo return- July 27 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_Philippines.svg 
Main Event | ONE Championship: Reign of Kings - Nguyen vs. Belingon also Renzo return- July 27 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Title_belt-2c12566995aef55859eff709a3781fbf Interim Title Fight |  Bantamweight | 135 lbs (61 kg)

ONE Championship: Reign of Kings - Nguyen vs. Belingon also Renzo return- July 27 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svgRenzo Gracie (13-7)        vs.      (59-34) Yuki KondoONE Championship: Reign of Kings - Nguyen vs. Belingon also Renzo return- July 27 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg   
Co-Main Event | Middleweight | 185 lbs (84 kg)

ONE Championship: Reign of Kings - Nguyen vs. Belingon also Renzo return- July 27 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_Thailand.svgShannon Wiratchai (9-2) vs.       (40-8) Shinya AokiONE Championship: Reign of Kings - Nguyen vs. Belingon also Renzo return- July 27 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg   
Main Card | Lightweight | 155 lbs (70 kg)

ONE Championship: Reign of Kings - Nguyen vs. Belingon also Renzo return- July 27 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) 23px-Flag_of_the_Philippines.svgEduard Folayang (19-6)   vs.                               TBA  
Main Card | Lightweight | 155 lbs (70 kg)

The ONE Interim Bantamweight World Title will be on the line when the world’s biggest martial arts organization returns to the Philippines.

In the main event, two-division World Champion, Martin “The Situ-Asian” Nguyen, will return to the bantamweight division in search of a third World Title against Team Lakay’s Kevin “The Silencer” Belingon.

Nguyen already holds the featherweight and lightweight World Titles, and narrowly missed out on bantamweight gold when he lost a split decision to Bibiano “The Flash” Fernandes in March at ONE: IRON WILL.

After defending his featherweight belt at ONE: UNSTOPPABLE DREAMS in Singapore, the Vietnamese-Australian expressed his desire to face Belingon, due to Fernandes’ absence from the cage due to injury.

Belingon, a product of the Philippines’ famed Team Lakay, emerged as the leading contender the last time ONE visited Manila for ONE: HEROES OF HONOR.

The 30-year-old thrilled the Filipino crowd with a stunning second-round spinning back kick TKO of Andrew Leone. Now, he is ready to compete for five rounds and finally claim a World Championship belt.

Also on the bill, ONE welcomes two pioneers of mixed martial arts for a legend versus legend matchup.

Brazil’s Renzo Gracie is one of the most respected names in martial arts, following an amazing career competing against some of the biggest names in the sport.

He will return to the cage for the first time in eight years, and for the final time in his life, under the ONE banner.

The legendary BJJ black belt will face Japan’s Yuki “Sora” Kondo, who will also say farewell to his career on the global stage for martial arts.

After more than 100 professional contests, the former King of Pancrase will make his final bow in Manila, and he will give his all to make it a victorious one.

In a meeting of top lightweight contenders, Shinya “Tobikan Judan” Aoki will face Shannon “OneShin” Wiratchai.

Aoki, the former ONE Lightweight World Champion, got back in the win column in May with a masterful first-round submission of Rasul Yakhyaev.

The Japanese grappling icon will aim to take another step back to the top in this clash of styles.

Competing out of Bangkok, Thailand, Wiratchai also got back to winning ways in March, scoring a highlight-reel knockout of Rahul Raju after just 21 seconds.

Another victory, against one the world’s biggest names, would put him in a prominent position to challenge Nguyen for top honors.

Last edited by Kingfedor on Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

ONE Championship: Reign of Kings - Nguyen vs. Belingon also Renzo return- July 27 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty Re: ONE Championship: Reign of Kings - Nguyen vs. Belingon also Renzo return- July 27 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:33 pm
Would love to see Renzo get a win to finish his career.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

ONE Championship: Reign of Kings - Nguyen vs. Belingon also Renzo return- July 27 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION) Empty Re: ONE Championship: Reign of Kings - Nguyen vs. Belingon also Renzo return- July 27 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:52 am
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:37 pm
Kingfedor wrote:

Cool video. Renzo is a legend. A sub win to end his career would be nice.
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:20 pm
Wait why are they having an interim title fight? I rather see Martin defend one of his titles.

I understand it being a contender match I just don't see the point of there being an interim belt. I hope one fc doesn't go down the path like the ufc of handing out belts like lollies candy's as you guys in the states  call them.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:32 pm
westcott123 wrote:Wait why are they having an interim title fight? I rather see Martin defend one of his titles.

I understand it being a contender match I just don't see the point of there being an interim belt. I hope one fc doesn't go down the path like the ufc of handing out belts like lollies candy's as you guys in the states  call them.

Agree. I also don't see the point in Martin getting another shot after he lost to Bibiano earlier this year. He just defended the Featherweight Title so he should defend the Lightweight Title.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:24 am
westcott123 wrote:Wait why are they having an interim title fight? I rather see Martin defend one of his titles.

I've seen enough interim title fights to last a lifetime. I hope ONE is not going this route as well.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:01 pm
CDF47 wrote:

I've seen enough interim title fights to last a lifetime.  I hope ONE is not going this route as well.
These days it should be called the number one contender belt and not the interim belt.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:55 pm
westcott123 wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

I've seen enough interim title fights to last a lifetime.  I hope ONE is not going this route as well.
These days it should be called the number one contender belt and not the interim belt.

Yeah, something needs to change.
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:23 pm
Shinya aoki getting the TKO was a surprise I was expecting a submission. He should be next in line for the title. Man just imagine a fighter with aoki grappling skills and dejmarongs muay thai skills that fighter would be very hard to beat. Of course Realistically for a person to get to either of those levels they would have to be doing both since about 3 or 4 years old.even then that person would
be more proficient at one more then the other.

Last edited by westcott123 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:27 pm
Now that martin lost he should

1 fight aoki and defend his light weight title
2 have a rubber match against marat garfurov.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:19 am
westcott123 wrote:Now that martin lost he should

1 fight aoki and defend his light weight title
2 have a rubber match against marat garfurov.

One things for certain, no more bantamweight title shots. He should defend the belts he already has.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:08 pm
I want to see Aoki fighting for the title as well.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum