GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury - December 1 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Empty Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury - December 1 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:47 pm
Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury - December 1 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Dk6Wu7iX0AAr2un
Wilder vs. Fury
December 1, 2018
Staples Center

Los Angeles, California, USADeontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury - December 1 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg

Main Card:
Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury - December 1 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svgDeontay Wilder (40-0)   vs.               (27-0) Tyson FuryDeontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury - December 1 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  23px-Flag_of_England.svg   
Main Event | Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury - December 1 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  3967481112  WBC Title Fight | Heavyweight | 265 lbs (120 kg)

WBC World Champion Deontay Wilder will defend his title against lineal champion Tyson Fury in a blockbuster matchup of undefeated heavyweights on Saturday, December 1, live from STAPLES Center in Los Angeles. 

Wilder vs. Fury tests the raw power of Wilder against the unmatched size and mobility of Fury. America’s only heavyweight champion since 2007, Wilder has 39 knockouts in 40 professional fights, including knockouts in all seven of his title defenses. Fury is a former IBF, WBA and WBO heavyweight world champion who is undefeated in 27 professional fights and holds boxing’s coveted lineal heavyweight title. 

The evenly matched showdown of top-ranked heavyweights pits boxing’s two largest champions against each other in the most significant heavyweight fight in the United States since Lennox Lewis vs. Mike Tyson in 2002. In addition to physical stature – Wilder is 6-foot-7, Fury 6-foot-9 – both are among boxing’s greatest showmen, with outsized personalities and heavyweight charisma.

Last edited by Kingfedor on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury - December 1 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Empty Re: Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury - December 1 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:01 pm
Great fight. I'd like to see Fury remain unbeaten in this one.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury - December 1 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  Empty Re: Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury - December 1 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:33 am
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:31 pm
Someone's 0 has to go.

I have Fury.

I think Wilder is the favorite. But I think that Fury's movement, length, and defense will give Wilder problems.

Wilder has speed and power on his side.

If it goes to a decision, Fury has a better chance.

I've underestimated Wilder enough times, that I don't want to do so again. Wilder can definitely win.

I'm picking Fury, but until the fight gets going, we won't know how it's going. Fury isn't probably at his best. Wilder could take advantage of that.

If the fight begins and Wilder is landing some decent shots from the get-go, it could be a bad night for Fury.

If the fight starts and Fury is moving well and making Wilder miss, and putting hands on him, Fury will be doing what he wants to do. But in that case, Wilder can still catch him.

Fury has a high KO percentage. He isn't a huge puncher, but he can still get guys out, and could well win by knockout. I just mention that, because I didn't want to suggest that Fury can only win by decision.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:28 pm
nodogoshi wrote:Someone's 0 has to go.

I have Fury.

I think Wilder is the favorite. But I think that Fury's movement, length, and defense will give Wilder problems.

Wilder has speed and power on his side.

If it goes to a decision, Fury has a better chance.

I've underestimated Wilder enough times, that I don't want to do so again. Wilder can definitely win.

I'm picking Fury, but until the fight gets going, we won't know how it's going. Fury isn't probably at his best. Wilder could take advantage of that.

If the fight begins and Wilder is landing some decent shots from the get-go, it could be a bad night for Fury.

If the fight starts and Fury is moving well and making Wilder miss, and putting hands on him, Fury will be doing what he wants to do. But in that case, Wilder can still catch him.

Fury has a high KO percentage. He isn't a huge puncher, but he can still get guys out, and could well win by knockout. I just mention that, because I didn't want to suggest that Fury can only win by decision.

Good to see you have Fury as well.
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:57 am
I am not too much into boxing but Gypsy King Very Happy  should take this
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:59 am
Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:I am not too much into boxing but Gypsy King Very Happy  should take this

That's good.  Everyone is on board the Tyson Fury Gypsy King wagon.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:40 am
Wilder took out Fury. It turned out to only be a split decision. Not sure how after he dropped him twice. One time it looked like he was out but Fury got back up.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:56 am
CDF47 wrote:Wilder took out Fury.  It turned out to only be a split decision.  Not sure how after he dropped him twice.  One time it looked like he was out but Fury got back up.  

No, it was a split draw.

I scored it 8 rounds to 4 Fury.

With the two knockdowns, that's 114-112, Fury.

I don't really know how you could score it for Wilder, but I guess that is boxing.

Be that as it may. Without the two knockdowns, Wilder wouldn't have got the draw. When Fury went down the second time, I truly did not think he was getting up.

He knocked Fury down hard in round 12. That was clutch.

Congratulations to both guys.

I hope they have an immediate rematch.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:32 am
nodogoshi wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Wilder took out Fury.  It turned out to only be a split decision.  Not sure how after he dropped him twice.  One time it looked like he was out but Fury got back up.  

No, it was a split draw.

I scored it 8 rounds to 4 Fury.

With the two knockdowns, that's 114-112, Fury.

I don't really know how you could score it for Wilder, but I guess that is boxing.

Be that as it may. Without the two knockdowns, Wilder wouldn't have got the draw. When Fury went down the second time, I truly did not think he was getting up.

He knocked Fury down hard in round 12. That was clutch.

Congratulations to both guys.

I hope they have an immediate rematch.

Damn, the news portrayed it differently from what I remember. I was watching ESPN highlights and it seemed that Wilder should have won. Yeah, when they showed the second knock down, Fury looked done for sure.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum