GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Scott Coker Wants to Make Rizin's Horiguchi vs. Bellator BW Champ Caldwell Empty Scott Coker Wants to Make Rizin's Horiguchi vs. Bellator BW Champ Caldwell

Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:14 pm
Scott Coker stated he wants to make a fight between Kyoji Horiguchi and Darrion Caldwell sometime in 2019.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Bellator-President-Scott-Coker-Willing-to-do-ChampionversusChampion-with-Rizin-143775
westcott123
westcott123

Scott Coker Wants to Make Rizin's Horiguchi vs. Bellator BW Champ Caldwell Empty Re: Scott Coker Wants to Make Rizin's Horiguchi vs. Bellator BW Champ Caldwell

Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:46 pm
Yes yes do it do it  i have darrion winning horiguchi would be the quicker of the two but darrion would be the bigger come fight night then his world class wresting.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Scott Coker Wants to Make Rizin's Horiguchi vs. Bellator BW Champ Caldwell Empty Re: Scott Coker Wants to Make Rizin's Horiguchi vs. Bellator BW Champ Caldwell

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:24 pm
westcott123 wrote:Yes yes do it do it  i have darrion winning horiguchi would be the quicker of the two but darrion would be the bigger come fight night then his world class wresting.

Could you imagine. Would be unreal to see those two fight. Top 2 BWs in the world from different promotions fighting. Would be sick. He said it could happen in 2019.
westcott123
westcott123

Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:18 am
That would be great plus  it will show who really is the best at that weight class.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:28 am
westcott123 wrote:That would be great plus  it will show who really is the best at that weight class.

True. Right now it is pretty close between who is number 1 and who is number 2.
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:04 am
That would be awesome!
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:19 pm
Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:That would be awesome!

Agreed.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:54 am
Coker is talking about making this fight in 2019. Would be a great one to kick off the new year.
westcott123
westcott123

Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:06 pm
The way i see it since Scott is the one putting out the challenge darrion has to fight Kyoji in the rizin ring and like wise if nobuyuki did the same.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:12 pm
westcott123 wrote:The way i see it since Scott is the one putting out the challenge darrion has to fight Kyoji in the rizin ring and like wise if nobuyuki did the same.

Yeah, that makes sense to me too.  The only way around that would be if they are having discussions about it that we don't hear about.

Next, I would like to see Jiri vs. Bader.
westcott123
westcott123

Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:19 pm
Same you might as well jiri is the uncrowned champion of rizin he looks different without the beard doesn't he??
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:23 pm
westcott123 wrote:Same you might as well jiri is the uncrowned champion of rizin he looks different without the beard doesn't he??

Yeah, I didn't recognize him without it. He looks way different.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:04 pm
It'd be nice if Bellator started advertising in Japan, and they were able to put on some challenge fights, in Rizin, and some rematches in Bellator. Bellator could at some point have an event in Japan.

They'd need a way to make their fights available to be viewed in Japan for it to be worthwhile.

DAZN could possibly provide a platform.

Hardcore Japanese fans might tune in, especially if there are renowned Japanese fighters on the cards.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:11 pm
nodogoshi wrote:It'd be nice if Bellator started advertising in Japan, and they were able to put on some challenge fights, in Rizin, and some rematches in Bellator. Bellator could at some point have an event in Japan.

They'd need a way to make their fights available to be viewed in Japan for it to be worthwhile.

DAZN could possibly provide a platform.

Hardcore Japanese fans might tune in, especially if there are renowned Japanese fighters on the cards.

For Bellator's event in Japan, I'd like to see a cross-promoted show with Rizin in the Rizin ring. Rather than competing with Rizin in Japan, I'd like to see Bellator working with them. It seems Scott Coker is on board since he proposed this fight. I am sure he would be open to others when they make sense; like Jiri vs. Bader.

A cross-promoted show could air on fite and DAZN. Profits for the event could be shared if they fill a card together.

Hardcore fans around the world should tune in for something like that. It is the epitome of the sport to have the best fighters compete regardless of what promoter they are signed to.
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:07 pm
I agree ^^ as i said before it should be the best fighting the best the promotion should not matter
With dazan hopefully it becomes available in my country soon man i would hate to miss out on a card like this.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:34 pm
westcott123 wrote:I agree ^^ as i said before it should be the best fighting the best the promotion should not matter
With dazan hopefully it becomes available in my country soon man i would hate to miss out on a card like this.

For sure. Do you get fite.tv events in your country? That's where Rizin events air.
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:40 pm
Yeah we have fite just haven't got dazan yet.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:30 pm
westcott123 wrote:Yeah we have fite just haven't got dazan yet.

I see.  That may be one way to watch the fights possibly if it worked out that way.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:58 am
I was at a Japanese restaurant earlier, and they play Japanese TV there.

Of all things, I saw a commercial for DAZN.

So I guess it is in Japan.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:28 pm
nodogoshi wrote:I was at a Japanese restaurant earlier, and they play Japanese TV there.

Of all things, I saw a commercial for DAZN.

So I guess it is in Japan.

Yeah, I read a list of countries it is in and I am sure Japan was on the list.
westcott123
westcott123

Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:28 am
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:03 pm

Some cool facts and stats in there.
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:46 pm
This scenario let's say the ufc closed down today what would be peoples positive and negative views 

1 brought mma into the main stream 

Not so positive
1 the monopoly 
2 trashing other fighters in other promotions
3 the zombies
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:59 pm
westcott123 wrote:This scenario let's say the ufc closed down today what would be peoples positive and negative views 

1 brought mma into the main stream 

Not so positive
1 the monopoly 
2 trashing other fighters in other promotions
3 the zombies

I would add the Reebok deal to the not positive list.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum