GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Adax

Petruzelli vs. Marrero off tonight, Marcin Held vs. Derrick Kennington promoted to Bellator 68 main card Empty Petruzelli vs. Marrero off tonight, Marcin Held vs. Derrick Kennington promoted to Bellator 68 main card

Fri May 11, 2012 7:56 pm
Seth Petruzelli is a late scratch from tonight's Bellator 68 main event.

The fighter today announced via Twitter that a doctor wouldn't clear him to fight because he "heard weezing and fluid in my lungs."

A second doctor concurred, Petruzelli (14-6 MMA, 1-0 BFC) said, and his 230-pound catchweight fight with Carmelo Marrero (14-5-1 MMA, 0-0 BFC) has been pulled from the card.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) spoke to Bellator officials who confirmed the fight's removal from the main-card broadcast, which airs on MTV2 from Palladium Ballroom in Caesars Atlantic City in New Jersey.

According to an official, lightweights Marcin Held (12-2 MMA, 1-1 BFC) vs. Derrick Kennington (6-2 MMA, 0-0 BFC) have been promoted to the vacant televised slot.

"I am so sorry," Petruzelli wrote. "I feel like I'm in a nightmare."

Petruzelli was slated to fight for the first time since August, when the UFC and EliteXC vet knocked out Ricco Rodriguez at Bellator 48.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28661/seth-petruzelli-scratched-from-tonights-bellator-68-event.mma
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum