GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

SMASH group buys Pancrase Empty SMASH group buys Pancrase

Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:30 am
Hot on the heels of the horrible news that DREAM is in a coma, comes the news that legendary MMA organization Pancrase has new owners! Long time owners Don Quixote have given control to SMASH and Yuji Shimada, who will be event producer. SMASH came to promise after the fall of DSE and it's Pro Wrestling organization HUSTLE. The group ran a pretty successful pro wrestling organization for a number of years until TAJIRI recently parted ways with them to form his own group and took almost the whole roster with him.

There are a few ways to look at this. Pancrase has always been the most stable MMA organization in Japan, they always draw solid crowds, always put on good events, have a built-in hardcore fanbase and have never had any major scandal or financial trouble. But they also haven't really expanded or grown. There is a big hole in the Japanese MMA market right now, whether or not SMASH have any plans to try and fill it; only time will tell.

http://www.mma-japan.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1480:smash-group-buys-pancrase&catid=53:pancrase&Itemid=99
wekka
wekka

SMASH group buys Pancrase Empty Re: SMASH group buys Pancrase

Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:54 am
This could be huge.

With Shimada on board, we could see a lot of people making a jump and those who stuck by his side in SMASH giving a go at MMA. Could very well be a Pancrase Renaissance.
Adax

Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:22 pm
Would be great to see Pancrase grow inside Japan, very interesting news. Shimada could indeed be the new engine for the Pancrase ship, now is the time with DREAM in hibernation again.
ZuffaKiller

Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:29 pm
This is good This could bring Pancrase what it needs to be bigger and grow
KSW
KSW

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:06 pm
JMMA will rise again.
wekka
wekka

Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:20 am
The spirit of Pancrase still lives on with their current cards in terms of excitement and finishes galore.

But a part of me hopes that we'll see a revival of Hybrid Wrestlers.
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:08 am
moronoRepublic wrote:But a part of me hopes that we'll see a revival of Hybrid Wrestlers.

Me 2!
Even just a yearly tourney or card
wekka
wekka

Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:47 am
IQ Wrestler wrote:
moronoRepublic wrote:But a part of me hopes that we'll see a revival of Hybrid Wrestlers.

Me 2!
Even just a yearly tourney or card

They have KEI and had Manabu, both of whom I would consider Hybrid Wrestlers. So Pancrase still has an eye out on them. They need a round robin tournament immediately.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum