GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Thiago Silva injury, Dana White wants Shogun vs. Glover at UFC 149 Empty Thiago Silva injury, Dana White wants Shogun vs. Glover at UFC 149

Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:39 pm
Thiago Silva is out, but the UFC wants another Brazilian vs. Brazilian matchup at Toronto’s UFC 149, event set to July.

According to a report from MMA Junkie, Dana White informs that, with Silva’s injury, they’re planning a bout between former UFC light heavyweight champion Mauricio “Shogun” Rua and Glover Teixeira, who made a impressive debut last weekend, with a first round submission victory over Kyle Kingsbury.

“With Thiago hurt, we turned to Glover and asked him to go right back in to fight 'Shogun' at UFC 149,” White told MMAjunkie.com. “But 'Shogun's' people are adamantly refusing to take the fight. They want nothing to do with Glover”.

TATAME called Rua’s manager, Julio Heller, who guaranteed they never turned down a fight with Teixeira. In fact, Silva’s injury is not official to them yet.

“I just sent a message to the UFC. I’m waiting for their call”, Heller said. “(Turning down a fight with Glover) it’s not true at all”.

Julio said they’ll wait for the UFC before making further comments, and the decision to fight Glover, or any other opponent, is in Shogun and his coach Andre Dida’s hands.

“We have to wait for the names whey’ll offer, and then we’ll see what we do”.

http://www.tatame.com/2012/06/01/Report--Thiago-Silva-injury-Dana-White-wants-Shogun-vs-Glover-at-UFC-149
Wolfman
Wolfman

Thiago Silva injury, Dana White wants Shogun vs. Glover at UFC 149 Empty Re: Thiago Silva injury, Dana White wants Shogun vs. Glover at UFC 149

Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:49 pm
Damn, that would be a nice fight.
Fisticuffa
Fisticuffa

Thiago Silva injury, Dana White wants Shogun vs. Glover at UFC 149 Empty Re: Thiago Silva injury, Dana White wants Shogun vs. Glover at UFC 149

Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:48 pm
Seems like Dana lied again saying Shogun refused to take the fight:

"Talking to TATAME, Shogun's manager, Julio Heller, said that has not received any official statement from the UFC.

"I read this issue and am waiting for the official position of the UFC. This (denying the fight with Glover) is unfounded. We are awaiting confirmation of the injured Thiago to see the options we have," said the manager.

Asked if he would accept the duel x Shogun Glover, manager preferred to wait for confirmation of the UFC and said he will discuss the possibilities with the fighter and his trainer, Andre Dida, before taking any decision."

It's a lose-lose for Shogun I think, if he beats him people will go meh, if he loses...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum