GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Musa Khamanaev: “My main goal now is to win this title fight” Empty Musa Khamanaev: “My main goal now is to win this title fight”

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:28 pm
Young Russian fighter Musa Khamanaev is coming off impressive win over M-1 ex-champion Artiom Damkovsky, and now he is focused only on his next fight, with current champion Daniel Weichel.

- Musa, you were born in Dagestan, so I am almost sure that you started your sport career from freestyle wrestling, right?

– Yes, it is true. We have a lot of wrestling gyms there, this is very popular kind of sport, so I started to train freestyle wrestling since I was 11. I was training in different gyms, doing quite good on the tournament, but I didn’t have any big achievements in wrestling. I was too aggressive, situation went out of hands, so I was disqualified, and then I decided to quit from wrestling and moved to boxing. My brothers, Shamil and Ramazan, compete in boxing too, on amateur level. Umar Iskhanov was my boxing coach, so I am very grateful for his help

- How did you start your MMA career?

– I got hooked by MMA long time ago, I was watching a lot of video tapes with MMA tournaments. In 2008 I moved to St.-Petersburg and started to train in Action Force team, then later I moved to Legion team

- When did your first MMA fight happen?

– It was on the local tournament in Perm in 2008. My opponent was from Lithuania, I won in one minute and few seconds

- How many fights do you have in your record now?

– According to official statistics, I have 11 wins and 3 losses

- You have been training in Europe for a few year, how did you end up there?

– I suffered my first defeat in November 2008 on M-1 Challenge 9 tournament, against Bogdan Christea. I felt very depressed after it, didn’t train for some time, but then I came back and won world combat sambo championship in 2008.

I moved to Europe in 2009. My official residence was in Belgium, but I was training in Holland, France, Germany

- How did you earn the money for living in Europe?

– I got some money for the fights, plus I got sponsor in Belgium

- What is the difference between Russian and European MMA training systems?

- There are some small differences. For example, many of the fighters train in the different gyms for the same time. One day they train muay thai in one gym, then other day they train BJJ in another gym and so on. But on the other hand, there is not so big difference between Europe and Russia, it all depends on the fighter himself and his professional attitude

- How many fights did you have in Europe?

– I had 8 fights, 6 wins

- Why did you decide to come back to Russia?

– I haven’t been in Russia for quite long time, I missed my friends and relatives. That was the main reason

- So now you are fighting for Legion team again?

– I never moved from this team, I represented this club in Europe. I’ve always had good relations with team’s bosses and main coach Islam Karimov

- Do you prefer striking or wrestling technique?

– It all depends on my opponent. For example, in my last fight with Artiom Damkovsky I used my wrestling skills, because I knew that he is very dangerous striker

- You dominated for all 15 minutes of this fight. Why didn’t you finish it?

– It was the main goal for me in that match. I had long layoff, so I wanted to work all three rounds. Artion is a very tough fighter with big heart, so I didn’t even try to knock him out

- Now your next fight will be on June 21 against the champion Daniel Weichel. Have you already learned his style?

– Yes, I watched his fight, so now I know what his technique is all about

- Do you have the gameplan already?

– Yes, I have it, and we are still working on it, but I woudn’t like to reveal it now, you will see everything on the ring. I think, everything is going to be OK

- What goals have you set for the future?

– My main goal right now is to win M-1 title, then we will see what’s next

http://www.m-1global.com/2012/06/11/musa-khamanaev-my-main-goal-now-is-to-win-this-title-fight/
Deadanimal
Deadanimal

Musa Khamanaev: “My main goal now is to win this title fight” Empty Re: Musa Khamanaev: “My main goal now is to win this title fight”

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:41 pm
cant wait for this fight i really hope musa wins but weichel is really good so its gonna be hard but hey musa beated damkovsky so... we will see Very Happy
wekka
wekka

Musa Khamanaev: “My main goal now is to win this title fight” Empty Re: Musa Khamanaev: “My main goal now is to win this title fight”

Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:29 am
Tough fight but I really hope to see him win and bring the title back to the M-1 colony
MR.WILLIE

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:15 am
dificult fight for musa, he beat damkovsky beacuse artiom tdd is not that good, but weichel's ground game is pretty good....i think weichel wins this one
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum