GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Maxim Grishin: “Work with Fedor made me better fighter” Empty Maxim Grishin: “Work with Fedor made me better fighter”

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:12 pm
One of the most popular Russian fighters Maxim Grishin tells about his move down to LHW division, trainings with Fedor and the best fighters in his weight class

- Hi Maxim, how are you? Are you in a good shape now?

- Hi! I’m in a good shape, I’m taking rest a little bit, working in training gym and riding a bicycle

- Who did give you an advice to move down to light heavyweight and how difficult it was for you?

– It was just my own decision, I was preparing for it for a long time, a lot of people told me that I should gain more weight instead of cutting to 205. I tried to cut to LHW, everything was great, now I know about some small details that I will take into account before the future fights

- How do you feel in light heavyweight division and what future do you see for yourself there?

– I feel great, my speed and power remain the same, so it’s definitely my weight category. My future? I think, if I will be lucky enough, it will be possible for me to make some waves in the world of MMA (laughs)

- Would you like to visit some well-known foreign MMA teams to get more experience?

– Yes, I would, no doubt (laughs)

- You know Fedor Emelianenko well, you worked with him a lot. What do you think, should he stay in the sport now or was it right decision to retire right after the fight with Pedro Rizzo?

– Fedor has always been an example of great man for me. He was in great shape against Rizzo, but felt like he has to retire now and I support him completely, because I believe that every man has to listen to his heart

- How much of the new things did you learn during the trainings with Fedor?

– It’s not easy to tell, but I can tell you one thing for sure: work with Fedor made me better fighter

- Do you know who is going to be your next opponent and when will be your next fight?

– Not yet, and it’s very pity for me, I’m looking forward to it

- Who could you name the best light heavyweight in Russia and in the world?

– There are a lot of tough Russians in this division, I don’t want to name only a few persons. In the world? Just look at the world rankings, all of them are there (laughs)

- If you could pick any opponent from LHW division, who could it be?

– Jon Jones

- Tell us a little bit about your personal life

– I’m married, I love my wife, she is great woman

- What would you like to tell to your fans?

– Guys, thank you very much for your support! To be honest, I never thought that so many people cheer for me when I fight. I’m very appreciated for it!

www.mmaoctagon.ru

http://www.m-1global.com/2012/07/26/maxim-grishin-work-with-fedor-made-me-better-fighter/
MR.WILLIE

Maxim Grishin: “Work with Fedor made me better fighter” Empty Re: Maxim Grishin: “Work with Fedor made me better fighter”

Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:11 pm
m-1 has to make grishin vs monson for the vacant 205 title....if monson doesnt drop to lhw, narkun, zayats or nemkov should make a good fight
Wolfman
Wolfman

Maxim Grishin: “Work with Fedor made me better fighter” Empty Re: Maxim Grishin: “Work with Fedor made me better fighter”

Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:17 pm
ZuffaKiller wrote:

- If you could pick any opponent from LHW division, who could it be?

– Jon Jones

That's how it's done. Move up with the number 1 spot in mind. I like this mentality, but i don't think this fight will ever happen, since they probably won't get him and he's not Fedor level material too. Good thing he at least lasted more against Deuce than their own former HW champ, even when Garner was pissed off at him because of the Bengay controversy. Laughing

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum