GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Alexey Oleinik: I want to once again fight with Fedor Empty Alexey Oleinik: I want to once again fight with Fedor

Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:07 pm
Bloodandsweat.ru interview with Alexey Oleinik (09/01/37), in which the champion ProFC KSW and shared his thoughts on the prospects of Russian bands in Bellator and expressed his desire to spend one more fight against Fedor Emelianenko (33-4-0-1)

- Alex, as was preparing to fight in the U.S.?

- This time I had enough time to prepare. Initially, my opponent had greppler, so we did focus on the impact and physical training.

- This year in Bellator in the Grand Prix heavyweight champions will play Russian fighters such as Alexander Volkov, Vitaly Minakov Ruslan Magomedov. What are their chances of success?

- I think someone will go well, and some do not. Hard for me to say this, because I do not know all, not all trained. For example, with Ruslan Magomedov I was not engaged, with Vitaly Minakov not fight. Of these, I am familiar only with Alexander Volkov. I think he's one of the most promising fighters in Russia, which can be a very good level, with the right training. The rack is very confident he feels, and the fight started off well protected.

- Are you planning to come out later this year?

- In 2012, I had three fights. Some of them were planned, and some are not. In March, I went up against Jeff Monson, and in January no idea how many will hold contractions. Now for me the most important is the next battle.

- What about Combat Sambo?

- Combat Sambo is more for the soul. In MMA I earn money by creating a corporate image "Hold." If you have any suggestions, and I will have no scheduled fights in mixed martial arts, I will speak.

- This year, Fedor Emelianenko retire. Are you trying to persuade his wife to make such a move?

- Fedor Emelianenko I once fought (fight took place according to the rules of combat sambo. - Ed.) Implicitly I had a dream to meet him again, probably already on the rules of MMA. I was then much easier it is, and now we have about equal weight.

I respect Fedor. I think he's one of the great fighters of Russia, and in general with the USSR. I have no illusions, and do not feel any great, but I will not say that I would have lost.

I would like to meet with him, but unfortunately, Fedor retired. Not sure what this has summed up his wife (laughs). My wife and I do not keep talking about it, she supports me in everything, and if I decide to retire, she is sure she will understand me.

Now I can not say how I'll still be performing, I PRODERE six months to five years. Back in 2000, I thought I had finished with the sport. Just when I fought Fedor, I did not train for six months. Besides the tournament I've been training for three weeks, and after I realized that I wanted to continue.

- Just days before the fight you have changed the opponent. Where did that indicate? Why did you decide to act?

- I do not know a soldier who would normally reacted to change the opponent and I am no exception. I prepared specifically for a particular enemy, pick sparring partners, worked individually with a coach on the shock technique. The preparation is over and game plan I can build just in my head, based solely on their experience. Spent too much time and money to give up the fight now.

- I still do not cease to deny passion UFC champion Jon Jones to fight with Sonnen brow. If you had the title and the same financial opportunities as Jones, would you refuse?

- In his situation, I would have done, as Jones. Now he is a champion, and does not want to lose the title. I also have nothing to lose. I have only my training and my anger, including the organizers of the contenders for a change. I just want to achieve now is to win the organization. On the other hand, this situation raised my excitement.

http://www.mixfight.ru/mma/interviews/2012/9/13/Alexey_Oleinik_khochu_eshe_raz_bitysya_s_Fedorom/
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum