GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

KO of the year contender Russia MMA Championships - WTF was that? Empty KO of the year contender Russia MMA Championships - WTF was that?

Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:05 am
Knockout of the Championship of Russia on 27.09.2012 SBU!!!

The white helmet Mikhail Balakirev-Tyumen MMA (MMR). Championship Russian mixed martial arts g.Chehov, Moscow
region 27.09.2012

Last edited by Dagwood on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Dagwood
Dagwood

KO of the year contender Russia MMA Championships - WTF was that? Empty Re: KO of the year contender Russia MMA Championships - WTF was that?

Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:25 am
Shocked

Never seen that before. Looks like a Russian military kinda technique. Hardcore hand to hand Combat Sambo for the military has a lot of flying front kicks, spinning moves & even flying scissor locks around the enemy's head & neck.

Dana and most zombies just don't understand. You've got 50M+ 18-30 year olds in Russia that are already trained mixed martial artists. All 18+ males have to do 2 years of compulsory military service and are well versed in Combat Sambo or kickboxing & submission wrestling. The also have taken wrestling only Sambo in school.

So, millions of young Russian men are already trained submission fighters and kickboxers. More like tens of millions. The talent pool for Russian MMA is endless. The level of "well-rounded" mixed martial artists there before they even consider coming into the sport and training is far ahead of anywhere. Most everywhere else the base is wrestling, bjj or kickboxing first and then learning the other styles to make you well-rounded. That takes additional years.

The sky's the limit for Russian MMA & President Fedimir Putinenko!

IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

KO of the year contender Russia MMA Championships - WTF was that? Empty Re: KO of the year contender Russia MMA Championships - WTF was that?

Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
It was a Koppo Kick! insane!!
Dagwood
Dagwood

Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:35 am
IQ Wrestler wrote:It was a Koppo Kick! insane!!

Like pro wrestling haha. Wonder what the Russian name for it is.
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:40 am
I have no clue, I've never seen it in an MMA fight before.
That was just incredible
Wolfman
Wolfman

Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:57 am

Ebersole tried a similar kick and got the KO too. I don't think they even train such thing, because it is a 1 in a million shot, so this has nothing to do with what UFC fighters do, because they would be able to throw this, now making it work is a whole different story.

Great atheles and fighters are everywhere, not just USA, or just Brazil or just Russia. It is cool though how ofter these russians try different or crazy techniques, it's like a nation of blonde minowamans.
monaroCountry

Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:53 am
Just wow, what a great win and one for the vault of fantastic KO's
Adax

Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:25 am
Bad ass! I bet the other guy wished he had headgear hahah.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:21 am
Wolfman wrote:
Great atheles and fighters are everywhere, not just USA, or just Brazil or just Russia. It is cool though how ofter these russians try different or crazy techniques, it's like a nation of blonde minowamans.

To this point in MMA it's been the top Brazilians & Russians who have been the best 'combined' at stand up and ground fighting. There are a handful of each country's fighters who have been simply excellent at both.

There's a Canadian who's been great all-around. Some say best ever all-around. I disagree tough. His striking just doesn't hold up to the excellent technical part. His stand up is very overrated. A good jab does not an excellent striker make.

IMO - The Americans have always had big issues with being technically excellent in both striking and submission wrestling. I don't see this changing much in the future. Way to much bad striking and bad submission grappling happening with American fighters. Wrestling good?... Yes? Excellent or world class?... No? The American rules and the cage almost negates the much better striking and submission wrestling by the non-American crowd. That doesn't seem right.... does it?

Dagwood
Dagwood

Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:01 pm
AudaxPowder wrote:Bad ass! I bet the other guy wished he had headgear hahah.

yeah..I find it odd that headgear is optional. It's not for FILA MMA EU.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:33 pm
haha that was insane!

but I think the ref should've atleast let the fight go on for a few more seconds....
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum