GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

WITH NOWHERE TO CUT WEIGHT DUE TO HURRICANE, MARLON MORAES RAN LAPS IN KITCHEN... Empty WITH NOWHERE TO CUT WEIGHT DUE TO HURRICANE, MARLON MORAES RAN LAPS IN KITCHEN...

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:23 am
Marlon Moraes was on schedule to make 135 pounds last week for his World Series of Fighting bout against Miguel Torres, but when Hurricane Sandy struck where he was staying in New Jersey, things got tougher.

“The storm didn’t really affect my training camp, but this last week, I needed a gym. I needed everything to cut weight,” Moraes told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Rewind” show. “But … I had no gas, nobody to go to the gym, no gyms open.”

The Brazilian, who was training with Frankie Edgar in Toms River, N.J., weighed 150 pounds on the Monday before the fight. With nowhere to work out, he ended up jumping a lot of rope in the house he was staying in and also resorted to running around the kitchen.

“In the kitchen, a hundred times,” Moraes said with a laugh. “Each time, one, two, three, four. My wife, she said, ‘You’re crazy.’ I said, ‘I’m not crazy. I need to make the weight.’”

Moraes made it, and he also scored the biggest win of his career the next day by outpointing Torres for a split decision.

“I’m so happy to fight against him,” said Moraes, who expressed considerable respect for the former WEC bantamweight champion. “I think this fight’s going to bring me into the mix now. Now I’m in the mix.”

Despite his excitement after knocking off Torres, though, Moraes is still moved by the damage he witnessed in New Jersey.

“It was crazy,” he said. “I’ve never seen something like that. I’m from Brazil and I saw a couple of things in Brazil, but man, it’s crazy. The hurricane is something unbelievable.”

Moraes actually lives in Jupiter, Fla., but after spending his training camp in New Jersey, he wants to help out the area however he can.

“All the world and the country, they’ve got to get together,” Moraes said. “They’ve got to do something to help because the people there, they really, really need help now. We fighters, now we’ve got to try to do something. I’m going to talk with Frankie and the guys there. We’ve got to try to find some help. They really, really need help now.''

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/With-Nowhere-to-Cut-Weight-Due-to-Hurricane-Marlon-Moraes-Ran-Laps-in-Kitchen-47113
MR.WILLIE

WITH NOWHERE TO CUT WEIGHT DUE TO HURRICANE, MARLON MORAES RAN LAPS IN KITCHEN... Empty Re: WITH NOWHERE TO CUT WEIGHT DUE TO HURRICANE, MARLON MORAES RAN LAPS IN KITCHEN...

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:10 pm
moraes vs nam is the best striking fight at 135 in a while...
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

WITH NOWHERE TO CUT WEIGHT DUE TO HURRICANE, MARLON MORAES RAN LAPS IN KITCHEN... Empty Re: WITH NOWHERE TO CUT WEIGHT DUE TO HURRICANE, MARLON MORAES RAN LAPS IN KITCHEN...

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:54 pm
God Bless this guy! fucking warrior! AJ should be ashamed

this guy cuts weight in the middle of a hurricane ....AJ can barely make weight because he eats cookies all day.

I hope he destroys Tyson Nam...the most over rated fighter on one win ever. Everyone on Nams nuts post dantas fight and before know one had heard of him

bolsheet

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:05 pm
I'm not buying the Tyson Nam hype either, Moraes UD
Mikal
Mikal

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:58 am
Wow! Awesome story! So much respect to this guy. The work he put in outside of the fight and inside the fight to pull off the upset..

Will be rooting for him against Nam!
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:16 pm
Much respect to Marlon Moraes for having such a great amount of dedication despite the storm that happened. Everyone else would've quit in his position.

I always respected Brazilian fighters awesome work rate
MR.WILLIE

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:46 pm
and moraes looked great vs a much experienced torres....
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum