GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Catalin Morosanu: Slowinski Win Biggest of His Career Empty Catalin Morosanu: Slowinski Win Biggest of His Career

Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:36 pm
Catalin Morosanu's recent win in the K-1 World Grand Prix Final 16 was a huge deal for him as well as Romanian fans who see one of their national Kickboxing heroes move on in one of the most prestigious tournaments. He'll also be in action this weekend as well and our friends at Fightsport.pl caught up with him to ask him a few questions. If you can't read Polish, you are in luck as Pawel Sawicki sent us over an English translation!

Firstly we want to congratulate You oustanding performance in K-1 WGP F16 and as a Poles we sad because You beat our countryman Smile Catalin what You feel after win over Paul Slowinski at K-1 WGP F16?

Honestly, Slowinski is a prominent name in K-1, was favorite to qualify and for me is a great performance because now I’m in the Final 8. Never thought before the fight that I will be able to beat him. It was extraordinary! I am honored to had the chance to fight against him.

Is it the most important win in Your career?

Certainly, the most important win of my career. Slowinski victory was a big step for me so I can enter the world of good K-1.

How can You classify yourself among world's top K-1 heavyweight fighters?

In top 10 for sure I am.

Could You compare Romanian and Dutch K-1 scene? Give us Your thoughts about Romanian K-1's future and it current situation.

I say this with all sincerity, in Romania, K-1 has become a cult. The world is knowledgeable, fighters are already known. In every city I go, people recognize me on the street. We have many athletes who have reached a high level. From this point of view, I can say we are near Netherlands. But all this would not have happened without Eduard Irimia, the man behind Superkombat.

Please tell us who was Your toughest rival and who You would like to fight in the future?

Slowinski is the one who hit the most. It felt like blows to the heart. I never thought of any future opponent, but I’m ready to face anyone. It would be an honor to fight with Cro Cop. I've had opponents as Mighty Mo and Goodridge, so it would be something amazing for me to fight against Cro Cop, a true legend.

Daniel Ghita is considered as the best kickboxer in the World and as You he is also Romanian. Do You want fight him? Is there any chance to see Your fight?

Everyone knows that Daniel Ghita is the favorite, and his rise made me to work with more ambition. Daniel demonstrated that any fighter from Romania can reach a very high level. It's a valuable fighter and I would always fight with him. It would be a very good match for experience as well as record.

You fight at SuperKombat events and You debuted at K-1 in Japan recently. Could You compare both events? Where You prefer to fight?

I love both promotions. K-1 is something new for me, but Superkombat came to be at the highest level in the future so I want to keep both promotions. As and organization are similar.

Thank You for the interview and we wish You as well Polish kickboxing fans many successes and win in K-1 Final tournament. Best for You.
I thank you and I want you to be proud to have a big fighter as Paul Slowinski as hell. Is a true warrior. I want also to thank fans for their support worldwide.

http://www.liverkick.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2016:catalin-morosanu-slowinski-win-biggest-of-his-career&catid=37:kickboxing
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum