GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Josh Barnett still in limbo regarding Strikeforce future

+7
RussianTopTeam
IQ Wrestler
PRIDE NEVER DIE
KSW
MR.WILLIE
CDF47
ZuffaKiller
11 posters
Go down
ZuffaKiller

Josh Barnett still in limbo regarding Strikeforce future Empty Josh Barnett still in limbo regarding Strikeforce future

Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:55 pm
With Strikeforce in the process of planning a last-ditch effort for the promotion’s return to the airwaves in January, it stands to reason that the organization would want to book its biggest stars in hopes of drumming up enough interest to keep things going beyond the event instead of folding as many fans expect. Among Strikeforce’s limited number of premier talents is Josh Barnett, a heavyweight veteran with a ton of success and an uncanny understanding of how to promote a fight through media.

However, according to Barnett, he still hasn’t been approached about the possibility of fighting on the January card even though he’s still got his fingers crossed a match-up will materialize.

“We’re still going steady. They’re wearing my letterman’s jacket around town, but I have this feeling they might be looking to head elsewhere. I mean, I don’t know – I think I’m a pretty good boyfriend,” joked Barnett in an interview with Inside MMA, confirming he was currently without a clash.

“I’m looking forward to fighting sometime in January for Strikeforce and giving all the fans that have been following me on Showtime and Strikeforce exactly what they expect,” added Barnett, trying to remain positive about the prospect of a pairing. “I really do expect that to happen.”

Barnett was last seen in a May match-up with Daniel Cormier where he saw an eight-fight winning streak snapped after falling in an entertaining, hard-fought five-round decision. He holds an overall record of 31-6 including 26 stoppages and success against the likes of Jeff Monson, Sergei Kharitonov, and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2012/11/06/josh-barnett-still-in-limbo-regarding-strikeforce-future/
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Josh Barnett still in limbo regarding Strikeforce future Empty Re: Josh Barnett still in limbo regarding Strikeforce future

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:05 pm
I'd rather see Barnett on GLORY/DREAM NYE.
MR.WILLIE

Josh Barnett still in limbo regarding Strikeforce future Empty Re: Josh Barnett still in limbo regarding Strikeforce future

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:08 pm
CDF47 wrote:I'd rather see Barnett on GLORY/DREAM NYE.

and wsof....open contract in asia and america....

barnett vs semmy schilt in glory and barnett vs arlovski in wsof
KSW
KSW

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:13 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:

Agree, Zuffa with their exclusive contracts is holding the sport back right now. Set the fighters free.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:16 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:

That would be sweet. Hope this happens.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:39 pm
FREE BARNETT FREE BARNETT FREE BARNETT FREE BARNETT FREE BARNETT
MR.WILLIE

Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:42 pm
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:FREE BARNETT FREE BARNETT FREE BARNETT FREE BARNETT FREE BARNETT

lol, but true....they dont even like him, let him free for sure,,,,,barnett vs schilt on dream/glory
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:50 pm
Josh Barnett still in limbo regarding Strikeforce future 1353611630
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:43 pm
it's clear that the BBF isn't gonna let Barnett fight in the UFC, so he might as well just go on and sign with WSOF or One FC
MR.WILLIE

Josh Barnett still in limbo regarding Strikeforce future Empty Josh Barnett expects to be included on Strikeforce for January 2013 on Showtime

Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:32 pm

"I do know that I'm looking forward to fighting sometime in January for Strikeforce and giving all the fans that have been following me on Showtime and Strikeforce exactly what they expect. I don't have an opponent, I can just start with all my members of my team in the gym, and start thrashing them."

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight titleholder Josh Barnett, who was last seen getting worked by Strikeforce Grand Prix Champion Daniel Cormier, is expecting to get back inside the cage shortly after the New Year. Stop me if you've heard this one before. "The Warmaster" has one fight remaining on his current contract and could be included in the Showtime network's mega-card scheduled for January 2013, assuming an opponent can be found -- or if all else fails -- imported from UFC. Anyone come to mind?

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/11/7/3613548/josh-barnett-strikeforce-mega-card-showtime-january-2013
Van Halen MMA
Van Halen MMA

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:15 pm
I wish zuffa would just go fuck themselves

GET OFF SHOWTIME NOW!
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:10 pm
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:FREE BARNETT FREE BARNETT FREE BARNETT FREE BARNETT FREE BARNETT

Hell yeah. Agreed.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:11 pm
Van Halen MMA wrote:I wish zuffa would just go fuck themselves

GET OFF SHOWTIME NOW!

Absolutely! Time for a new promotion on Showtime. Let SF die.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:56 pm
having Barnett fight at the Dream/GLORY NYE event would be sweet but ofcourse that won't be happening...
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:24 pm
RussianTopTeam wrote:having Barnett fight at the Dream/GLORY NYE event would be sweet but ofcourse that won't be happening...

I really hope it does. Maybe not likely but that would be so bad ass.
MR.WILLIE

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:36 pm
CDF47 wrote:
RussianTopTeam wrote:having Barnett fight at the Dream/GLORY NYE event would be sweet but ofcourse that won't be happening...

not happening he has 1 fight left on the zuffa deal....and they will try to fuck him...
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:57 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

not happening he has 1 fight left on the zuffa deal....and they will try to fuck him...

Yeah, it sucks but would have been sweet. I got real hopeful a couple weeks ago with the Pancrase announcement which turned out to be BS.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:25 pm
I'd love to see Barnett fighting anywhere TBH. Just want him to make his money and bring us the fights. I'm just not sure if Dana will let him go back but it's not like he doesn't have other options so he'll be good.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:10 am
Wolfman wrote:I'd love to see Barnett fighting anywhere TBH. Just want him to make his money and bring us the fights. I'm just not sure if Dana will let him go back but it's not like he doesn't have other options so he'll be good.

Yeah, Barnett will be making money no matter where he goes. He is an elite HW.
wekka
wekka

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:22 am
If he doesn't end up in the UFC, he'll definitely be fighting in Japan. He's a fucking king over there. He can split time with IGF and between Pancrase and DREAM.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:07 am
wekka wrote:If he doesn't end up in the UFC, he'll definitely be fighting in Japan. He's a fucking king over there. He can split time with IGF and between Pancrase and DREAM.

This would be the most 'right' thing to ever happen in combat sports & professional wrestling. 8) Like with Fedor, I hope Josh avoids going to the UFC for the sake of what is still good and proper about the sport.

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:46 am
Josh should just pack his bags, ditch the dead org., and fly over to Tokoyo for GLORY/DREAM NYE.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum