GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

strikeforce has 80 fighters under contract, predict how many go to the ufc and alot of free agents... Empty strikeforce has 80 fighters under contract, predict how many go to the ufc and alot of free agents...

Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:57 pm
i think that at the most 20-30 fighters will go to the ufc and the rest are going to become free agents(about 60 fighters)

i think that:

cormier
barnett
mousasi
rockhold
kennedy
larkin
lawler
melendez
punk
noons
kyle
feijao
ronda
cyborg
jacare
roger gracie
marquardt
woodley
all of this guys will go to the ufc but alot of talent available for bellator,wsof,dream/glory,rfa,score,mfc to sign

Last edited by MR.WILLIE on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
MR.WILLIE

strikeforce has 80 fighters under contract, predict how many go to the ufc and alot of free agents... Empty Re: strikeforce has 80 fighters under contract, predict how many go to the ufc and alot of free agents...

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:00 pm
the girls will go to invicta for sure....ufc plans to use ronda and a ronda vs cyborg fight not much after that...
MR.WILLIE

strikeforce has 80 fighters under contract, predict how many go to the ufc and alot of free agents... Empty Re: strikeforce has 80 fighters under contract, predict how many go to the ufc and alot of free agents...

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:03 pm
strikeforce has 80 fighters under contract, predict how many go to the ufc and alot of free agents... Method=get&rs=60&q=75&x=5&y=58&w=310&h=165&ro=0&s=ufc-strikeforce-logo-03-13-11-11-5-42-703

sad but true
bolsheet

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:11 pm
Here is the list (not counting the women's division)

United States Daniel Cormier Heavyweight 10-0
United States Josh Barnett Heavyweight 31-6
Netherlands Dion Staring Heavyweight 28-7

Brazil Rafael Cavalcante Light Heavyweight 11-3 (1)
Haiti Ovince St. Preux Light Heavyweight 12-5
United States Mike Kyle Light Heavyweight 19-8-1 (2)
United States Gian Villante Light Heavyweight 10-3
Armenia Gegard Mousasi Light Heavyweight 32-3-2
United States TJ Cook Light Heavyweight 12-5
United States Virgil Zwicker Light Heavyweight 10-3

Brazil Guto Inocente Light Heavyweight 6-0
Cuba Yoel Romero Light Heavyweight 4-1

United States Luke Rockhold Middleweight 10-1
Brazil Ronaldo Souza Middleweight 16-3 (1)
United States Tim Kennedy Middleweight 14-4
United States Lorenz Larkin Middleweight 13-0 (1)
United States Robbie Lawler Middleweight 19-9 (1)
Brazil Roger Gracie Middleweight 5-1
Russia Adlan Amagov Middleweight 10-2-1
United States Derek Brunson Middleweight 9-2
United States Lumumba Sayers Middleweight 6-3
United States Anthony Smith Middleweight 17-8
United States Trevor Smith Middleweight 10-2
United States Yancy Medeiros Middleweight 9-0
United States Nate James Middleweight 13-8-1
United States Keith Berry Middleweight 11-10
United States Keith Jardine Middleweight 17-11-2
United States Benji Radach Middleweight 21-6 (1)

United States Nate Marquardt Welterweight 32-10-2
United States Tyron Woodley Welterweight 10-1
Belgium Tarec Saffiedine Welterweight 13-3
United States Roger Bowling Welterweight 11-3
United States Bobby Voelker Welterweight 24-8
United States Quinn Mulhern Welterweight 18-2
United States Nah-Shon Burrell Welterweight 8-2
United States Jason High Welterweight 16-3
United States Nate Moore Welterweight 8-3
Sweden Chris Spang Welterweight 5-1
Canada Jordan Mein Welterweight 25-8
Japan Kazuo Misaki Welterweight 25-11-2 (1)
Brazil Jorge Santiago Welterweight 25-10
United States Tyler Stinson Welterweight 23-9
United States Brian Melancon Welterweight 6-2
Brazil Yuri Villefort Welterweight 6-1
United States Ryan LaFlare Welterweight 6-0

United States Gilbert Melendez Lightweight 21-2
United States Pat Healy Lightweight 28-16
United States Josh Thomson Lightweight 19-5 (1)
United States Billy Evangelista Lightweight 11-2 (1)
United States James Terry Lightweight 11-5
United States Justin Wilcox Lightweight 11-5 (1)

United States Caros Fodor Lightweight 7-2
United States Ryan Couture Lightweight 5-1
United States Jorge Masvidal Lightweight 23-7
United States Matt Ricehouse Lightweight 6-1
United States Bobby Green Lightweight 19-5

United States KJ Noons Lightweight 11-5
Brazil Jorge Gurgel Lightweight 14-8
Guam Joe Duarte Lightweight 10-3
United States Isaac Vallie-Flagg Lightweight 13-3-1
United States Conor Heun Lightweight 9-5
United States Estevan Payan Lightweight 13-3 (1)

Japan Mizuto Hirota Lightweight 14-5-1
United States Mike Bravo Lightweight 7-3
Brazil Adriano Martins Lightweight 23-6

Don't belive these fighters will be on the ufc

Last edited by bolsheet on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
KSW
KSW

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:13 pm
What fighters have Showtime contracts?
bolsheet

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:25 pm
^If the metzer story was true, i'm surprised that they are letting ronda go away
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/15/3160606/ronda-rousey-luke-rockhold-other-strikeforce-fighters-contractually
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:27 pm
Well, I can guarantee you there's somebody who'll be prohibited from working in MMA for a long time???... Scott Coker!

MR.WILLIE

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:32 pm
bolsheet wrote:^If the metzer story was true, i'm surprised that they are letting ronda go away
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/15/3160606/ronda-rousey-luke-rockhold-other-strikeforce-fighters-contractually

i think that espinoza was sick and tired of dealing with this clowns and just agree for them to put a good show in the end and got rid of everybody....

i think that after the debacle of elite xc and this strikeforce sit with coker, showtime will not air mma again!!!!

i hope im wrong they can be a good outlet to mma but after this experiences who can blame them...
MR.WILLIE

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:34 pm
Dagwood wrote:Well, I can guarantee you there's somebody who'll be prohibited from working in MMA for a long time???... Scott Coker!

agreed 200% coker is one of the biggest pieces of shit in all mma, he is a clown with no authority and sold his sowl to zuffa, what a moron....a millionarie but a fucking moron...i really hate this guy
KSW
KSW

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:42 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:
Dagwood wrote:Well, I can guarantee you there's somebody who'll be prohibited from working in MMA for a long time???... Scott Coker!

agreed 200% coker is one of the biggest pieces of shit in all mma, he is a clown with no authority and sold his sowl to zuffa, what a moron....a millionarie but a fucking moron...i really hate this guy
His partners sold out but what would have happened if Coker refused to sell his 50%?
KSW
KSW

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:44 pm
bolsheet wrote:^If the metzer story was true, i'm surprised that they are letting ronda go away
This is what I´m thinking about. Ronda, Melendez and Mousasi are some of the biggest stars and they have Showtime contracts.
bolsheet

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:49 pm
^WILLIE post a great point, unfortunately showtime maybe won't invest on mma anymore
MR.WILLIE

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:01 pm
The official announcement is expected to be made early next week, but already it seems the cat’s out of the bag. As if the writing on the wall was not big enough – just as it was assumed, Strikeforce promotions will be closing its doors after it’s blowout extravaganza (every title must go) on Jan. 12th. Though this is great news for the fans, as Strikeforce versus UFC dream match-ups are now possible, it is being estimated that the UFC can only take in close to 20 out of the 80 current contract fighters. For majority of the talent Nov. 9th is either seen as freedom from contract or the loss of employment.

Not all is bad though as female MMA takes a huge step forward in exposure. As it stands, talks are that unless Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino agrees to a weight cut, Miesha Tate will be rematching for the title in early 2013.

As it stands, there is a list of (not finalized) currently tabbed fighters to make the transition to the UFC. The final decision for some will likely be based on their final performance.

Female Bantamweight: Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate, Sarah Kaufman, Cristiane ‘Cyborg’ Justino, Sara McMann, Alexis Davis, Liz Carmouche

Lightweight: Gilbert Melendez, Josh Thomson, Jorge Masvidal, Pat Healy

Weltherweight: Nate Marquardt, Tyron Woodley, Tarec Saffiedine, Bobby Voelker

Middleweight: Luke Rockhold, Tim Kennedy, Ronaldo Souza, Lorenz Larkin

Light Heavyweight: Gegard Mousasi, Ovince St. Preux, Rafael Cavalcante

Heavyweight: Daniel Cormier, Josh Barnett

http://www.cagedinsider.com/ufc/verified-strikeforce-folds-miesha-tate-and-a-handful-make-transition/

23-24 fighters according to cage insider
Marcelo Tigre
Marcelo Tigre

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:05 pm
10 max.
bolsheet

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:05 pm
^This is not the final list, will be more fighters add, will hard to belive Roger Gracie not going as well
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:11 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:

They'll have a legal lock out of Coker from the MMA business for at least 2-3 years. I'm sure they made him sign a non-compete contract when they bought SF from him and his partner.

IMO - Coker is getting the shaft. He had no choice but to sell cause his partner Silicon Valley Sports & Entertainment was shopping their interest in Strikeforce around. They got cold feet and didn't want to risk more of their capital as SF was still in need of cash infusions to keep up growth and the TV deal with Showtime.

SF could have never done what they did from 2009-2011 without SVSE bankrolling them. No way! With SVSE wanting out Coker didn't have the capital do maintain what they were doing. Showtime would have walked away with Coker left standing by himself but he couldn't keep the company alive at that point without SVSE's bank roll. Think of the Fertitta's telling Dana after they sunk $49M into a money loosing UFC venture that they wanted out & were liquidating the UFC. How the hell could Dana keep it going. The Fertitta's would have sold it for what ever they could get and Dana would have gotten nothing. The new fire sale buyers would then probably hire Dana to manage the UFC again.

Coker had his nuts cutoff. It was his company built from the ground up for almost 20 years. He would never himself have wanted to sell to Zuffa. No way. SVSE forced the sale & he had no choice.

MR.WILLIE

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:15 pm
bolsheet wrote:^This is not the final list, will be more fighters add, will hard to belive Roger Gracie not going as well

yeah i know i just posted what that site has....
KSW
KSW

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:17 pm
Damn I wish World Series could get their hands on all the top fighters on the SF roster.

MR.WILLIE

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:17 pm
Dagwood wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:

They'll have a legal lock out of Coker from the MMA business for at least 2-3 years. I'm sure they made him sign a non-compete contract when they bought SF from him and his partner.

IMO - Coker is getting the shaft. He had no choice but to sell cause his partner Silicon Valley Sports & Entertainment was shopping their interest in Strikeforce around. They got cold feet and didn't want to risk more of their capital as SF was still in need of cash infusions to keep up growth and the TV deal with Showtime.

SF could have never done what they did from 2009-2011 without SVSE bankrolling them. No way! With SVSE wanting out Coker didn't have the capital do maintain what they were doing. Showtime would have walked away with Coker left standing by himself but he couldn't keep the company alive at that point without SVSE's bank roll. Think of the Fertitta's telling Dana after they sunk $49M into a money loosing UFC venture that they wanted out & were liquidating the UFC. How the hell could Dana keep it going. The Fertitta's would have sold it for what ever they could get and Dana would have gotten nothing. The new fire sale buyers would then probably hire Dana to manage the UFC again.

Coker had his nuts cutoff. It was his company built from the ground up for almost 20 years. He would never himself have wanted to sell to Zuffa. No way. SVSE forced the sale & he had no choice.
i got you but coker should have sold and get the f... out, but he stayed there talking as it was his company, and he looked horrible and as a pupet of zuffa, i lost all respect on this guy

Last edited by MR.WILLIE on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
KSW
KSW

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:21 pm
^It was painful to watch Coker with his nuts cut off. It was like he had a gun to his back.

Last edited by Lofgren on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
MR.WILLIE

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:21 pm
Lofgren wrote:Damn I wish World Series could get their hands on all the top fighters on the SF roster.

me 2 but, wsof has moved their jan show to feb becuse of only selling around 1,500 tickets.....they loose alot of money on their first show and sefo has said that he doesnt expects to grow his roster 2 big....for now....but as the time passes they should be able to grab some talent there...
MR.WILLIE

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:22 pm
Lofgren wrote:^It was painful to watch Coker with his nuts cut off. It was like he had a gun to his back.

yep he looked like shit...lol..
KSW
KSW

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:22 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:
Lofgren wrote:Damn I wish World Series could get their hands on all the top fighters on the SF roster.

me 2 but, wsof has moved their jan show to feb becuse of only selling around 1,500 tickets.....they loose alot of money on their first show and sefo has said that he doesnt expects to grow his roster 2 big....for now....but as the time passes they should be able to grab some talent there...
If only fans could support the sport and not just Zuffa.
MR.WILLIE

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:26 pm
Lofgren wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:

If only fans could support the sport and not just Zuffa.

and nbc sports is happy with the numbers they got....mls soccer avgs 100-125k views per game and wsof over 220k as a whole....but people has to buy tickets for them to continue putting good quality shows...
wekka
wekka

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:33 pm
I can guarantee you seeing these guys:

HW- Cormier, Barnett is a HUGE maybe

LHW- Mousasi, Feijao, OSP, Inocente, Kyle, Romero, Villante

MW- Rockhold, Jacare, Gracie, Larkin, Kennedy, Amagov, Lawler, Brunson, Medeiros

WW- Marquardt, Woodley, Saffiedine, Santiago, Villefort

LW- Melendez, Thomson, Healy, Hirota, Fodor, Wilcox, Couture, Ricehouse, Green, Noons, Flagg
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum