GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
SandmanFC
SandmanFC

GLORY opens Tokyo Office to lead operations in Japan Empty GLORY opens Tokyo Office to lead operations in Japan

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:51 pm
TOKYO, Japan (Nov 14, 2012) – On the heels of last week’s press conference announcing a historic night of world-class DREAM MMA and GLORY kickboxing action at Saitama Super Arena on New Year’s Eve, GLORY Sports International (GSI) announced today that it has opened a corporate office in Tokyo and established a subsidiary entity, GLORY Sports Japan KK, to pioneer its electrifying martial arts fight series in the Japanese market.

“We are firmly committed to re-vitalizing Japan as an epicenter for some of the best martial arts fight action in the world and, in order to do that effectively, it is critical that we have a capable team operating on the ground there, on a day-to-day basis,” said GLORY Managing Director, Marcus Luer.

Situated in the prestigious Omotesando district of Tokyo, the space represents GLORY’s sixth office location, in addition to its offices in Holland, the UK, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. The upcoming event - ‘GSI presents DREAM 18 and GLORY 4 Tokyo - New Year's Eve Special’ – marks GLORY’s first venture into Japan, where countless MMA and kickboxing legends have been spawned and many of the most memorable, epic battles have taken place.

The GSI-produced New Year’s Eve event will begin at 4 p.m. local time with the DREAM MMA fight card, the lineup for which will be announced soon, and will continue with the GLORY kickboxing event that will award a total of $600,000 in prize money to its competitors and be headlined by a 16-man, one-night heavyweight tournament that will crown its winner the GLORY Heavyweight Grand Slam Champion.

Amongst the heavyweight kickboxing superstars who have accepted a place in the invitation-only tournament lineup are world No.1 ranked Semmy Schilt as well as Daniel Ghita, Remy Bonjasky, Gokhan Saki, Peter Aerts and Errol Zimmerman.

Broadcast details for GSI presents DREAM 18 and GLORY 4 Tokyo - New Year's Eve Special will be announced soon.

For more information, visit www.gloryworldseries.com.

Last edited by SandmanFC on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
MR.WILLIE

GLORY opens Tokyo Office to lead operations in Japan Empty Re: GLORY opens Tokyo Office to lead operations in Japan

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:53 pm
great news, i really hope this can work long term not only this and next year, great news as an mma fan
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

GLORY opens Tokyo Office to lead operations in Japan Empty Re: GLORY opens Tokyo Office to lead operations in Japan

Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:56 pm
Hopefully this is a sign they are in it for the long haul.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:28 pm
^Sounds like they are committed to JMMA. Hopefully GLORY will make this work.
printingtokyo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaWEWl8saHw

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:25 pm
First of all, I'm not a fan of Japan. But you gotta respect their martial arts history. It's gangster.

Not exactly sure how they lost their global dominance to the UFC but competitors from all over Korea and the rest of Asia would fight in Osaka and Tokyo to be considered legit. It'll be interesting to see if Glory can make JMMA come back!

-- bob. I'm in Korea running a
printing company in Tokyo
SandmanFC
SandmanFC

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:39 pm
If DREAM and Glory can continue to coexist following Special NYE 2012, JMMA could witness a new spark of life.

Glory obviously has the best interests of international martial arts in mind, and contrary to some belief, Japan is still a viable marketplace for the sport.

At this point, it's all about execution.
wekka
wekka

Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:48 pm
Just start slow and they'll be in good.shape at the beginning. They need to work out talent agreements with DEEP, Shooto, and Pancrase and allow their champions to fight against one another in superfights in a grand stage or against international talent they normally can't face. Regional co-promotion is essential at first, then gradually build towards global xo-promotion if possible.

Also, develop a heavyweight division AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Those are the fights that make money. Get talent from everywhere and anywhere. Don't worry so much about legitimacy as much as you should about fun, entertaining bouts. Snatch up prospects and journeymen. Then you're set.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:00 pm
printingtokyo wrote:First of all, I'm not a fan of Japan. But you gotta respect their martial arts history. It's gangster.

Not exactly sure how they lost their global dominance to the UFC but competitors from all over Korea and the rest of Asia would fight in Osaka and Tokyo to be considered legit. It'll be interesting to see if Glory can make JMMA come back!

welcome to the site my friend! May I ask how you found us?
Adax

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:08 pm
printingtokyo wrote:First of all, I'm not a fan of Japan. But you gotta respect their martial arts history. It's gangster.

Welcome to Global-MMA Bob! We look forward to having more of your opinions here. Japan had an amazing run as the top of the food chain location for MMA, it was great for bringing many other nations and cultures together.
printingtokyo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaWEWl8saHw

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:54 am
Just did a random google search and the description was interesting so i clicked and wanted to chime in!

good to be here!
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:06 am
printingtokyo wrote:Just did a random google search and the description was interesting so i clicked and wanted to chime in!

good to be here!
Glad to have you.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:38 am

Hey, I'm in Tokyo. I need some print work done in a month or so Wink

But it's only a little bit (a book binding), and I'm not in the center of the city and will be on a deadline so probably will just do it locally. Welcome to the site though.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:41 am
^^

May in fact talk more later though (if you do book bindings, that is).
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:31 pm
SandmanFC wrote:If DREAM and Glory can continue to coexist following Special NYE 2012, JMMA could witness a new spark of life.

Glory obviously has the best interests of international martial arts in mind, and contrary to some belief, Japan is still a viable marketplace for the sport.

At this point, it's all about execution.

Yeah, I really hope they get things turned around in Japan and turn DREAM into one of the top orgs.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:32 pm
wekka wrote:Just start slow and they'll be in good.shape at the beginning. They need to work out talent agreements with DEEP, Shooto, and Pancrase and allow their champions to fight against one another in superfights in a grand stage or against international talent they normally can't face. Regional co-promotion is essential at first, then gradually build towards global xo-promotion if possible.

Also, develop a heavyweight division AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Those are the fights that make money. Get talent from everywhere and anywhere. Don't worry so much about legitimacy as much as you should about fun, entertaining bouts. Snatch up prospects and journeymen. Then you're set.

Great post. ONE Asia Network...ONE FC, DREAM, Road FC, URCC, CFC, plus they have had DEEP and Pancrase champs...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum