GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
KSW
KSW

Chad Griggs vs Travis Browne booked for UFC 145 Empty Chad Griggs vs Travis Browne booked for UFC 145

Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:41 pm
"The Gravedigger" is coming through, y'all. Former Strikeforce heavyweight Chad Griggs just recently put pen to paper on a brand spankin' new UFC contract and now he's got an opponent lined up for his Octagon debut.

Griggs will battle undefeated big man Travis Browne at the UFC 145 event that is scheduled to take place on March 24, 2012, at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, as announced by the promotion earlier today.

Originally a tomato can brought in for Bobby Lashley to smash, Griggs has surprised us all by utilizing the power of the mutton chops and winning all three of his Strikeforce fights. The level of competition is a lot different, of course, so why not see how he'll do in the UFC?

His first test is a toughie.

Standing opposite Griggs will be Travis Browne, a 29-year-old beast who stands 6'7'' and has yet to taste defeat in his young mixed martial arts career.

"Hapa" is undoubtedly going to be motivated for this one. Not because of Griggs, necessarily, but because he was so utterly unimpressive the last time he was in the cage. The Hawaiian's win over Rob Broughton was the least memorable bout at the UFC 135 event back in September.

He could turn perception of him around quick by squashing an Octagon newcomer.
http://www.mmamania.com/2011/12/24/2659377/ufc-145-chad-griggs-vs-travis-browne-booked-for-march-24-in-montreal
monaroCountry

Chad Griggs vs Travis Browne booked for UFC 145 Empty Re: Chad Griggs vs Travis Browne booked for UFC 145

Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:05 pm
I dont really care about these two fighters but why did they label Griggs a tomato can?
Wolfman
Wolfman

Chad Griggs vs Travis Browne booked for UFC 145 Empty Re: Chad Griggs vs Travis Browne booked for UFC 145

Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:56 pm
Griggs is awesome, i was wondering who would he fight after he beaten Oldereem. I hope he rapes the division now.

Mutton chops FTW
brace
brace

Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:23 pm
Watching Travis Brown fight made me want to punch myself in the balls. Chad Griggs comes to fight and does not give a single fuck. I want a Grave Digger People's KO.
brace
brace

Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:41 pm
monaroCountry wrote:I dont really care about these two fighters but why did they label Griggs a tomato can?

Because they're no class MMA "journalists."
Adax

Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:33 pm
MOTHER FUCKING WAR GRAVEDIGGER
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:51 am
Griggs is really the Cinderella man of MMA (I don't like the expression, but what else can you say).

How far can he go?

He reminds me a little bit of a guy like Martin Rogan.

Technically limited, but tougher than hell, and has the ability to win under presure.
KSW
KSW

Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:33 am
monaroCountry wrote:I dont really care about these two fighters but why did they label Griggs a tomato can?
That was a stupid thing to say about a fighter who was 8-1 at the time. I´m rooting for Griggs in the UFC.
marchegiano
marchegiano

Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:42 am
I like both guys. Travis has had some really nice KO's. It was comical watching him jump at Struve. McSweeney and Abe Wagner were also good KOs. I'd watch those fights if I ain't seen 'em. I can't see how you can hate on my man Griggs. He's not just a promising up and comer like Travis. He was brought into SF to lose to Bobby Lashley . He was a cherry-picked can that turned out to be quite willful, and those muttons are the coolest shit in MMA.....I just wish he'd grow some handle-bars woof. Travis has more tools, but that Griggs style don't give a fuck and throw might get him yet another W. I dunno.

Chad- 11-1-0 Lashley, Overeem

Travis 12-0-1 Sturve, Mcsweeney

Those are decent early records. Good fighters who deserve to be where they are. Good on Zuffa for this 'en here.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:32 am
marchegiano wrote:I like both guys. Travis has had some really nice KO's. It was comical watching him jump at Struve. McSweeney and Abe Wagner were also good KOs. I'd watch those fights if I ain't seen 'em. I can't see how you can hate on my man Griggs. He's not just a promising up and comer like Travis. He was brought into SF to lose to Bobby Lashley . He was a cherry-picked can that turned out to be quite willful, and those muttons are the coolest shit in MMA.....I just wish he'd grow some handle-bars woof. Travis has more tools, but that Griggs style don't give a fuck and throw might get him yet another W. I dunno.

Chad- 11-1-0 Lashley, Overeem

Travis 12-0-1 Sturve, Mcsweeney

Those are decent early records. Good fighters who deserve to be where they are. Good on Zuffa for this 'en here.

Excellent points.

The guy who is brought in for the reason of losing, yet keeps on winning, is the kind of guy I'll support all day long.

Griggs is a guy I cannot not be a fan of.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum