GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

First Championship: Nurmagomedov Abdulmanap not disappointed Empty First Championship: Nurmagomedov Abdulmanap not disappointed

Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:29 pm
"Ice Sports Palace in St. Petersburg, November 14, 2012 hosted the first official outdoor mixed martial arts Championship in version m-1. It brought together 50 athletes from 14 countries.

We bring you the first impressions direct participants of the events.

-First of all, I would like to point out a great line-up of the Russian team, "said Senior coach of the Leningrad region on MMA honoured coach of Russia in combat Sambo Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov. – This is especially true for light and medium weight categories. The guys who go out there into the ring in the categories up to 65.8, 70.3, 77.1 kilograms, have passed a very tough competitive selection in their regions, in the Championship of Russia, and at the current Open Championship, in fact, are fighting each other. Even in the most prestigious but less massive heavyweight was 19 fighters. Can you imagine how spicy was a struggle. Guests from Europe until it can make a serious competition to our soldiers. The Russians were in the finals in all weight classes.

– However, you saw the new European fighters, of which previously did not know but who file hope?

– We have pleasantly surprised the Slovaks in the category up to 77.1 kg finals made Marian Jakubik, were finalists in the weight category up to 70.3 kg Etigad Atakishiyev from Azerbaijan, in the category of up to 84 kg Mario Dobričkov from Bulgaria. Yes two rings "Ice" are good, exciting fights, and even today it is not important who the fighters, what countries is the leader. Importantly, we are seeing a rise in popularity of mixed martial arts and can celebrate the fact that they are purely entertaining show turn into a fascinating and entertaining sport. It is interesting for the younger generation, and this is its main advantage.

-All the same, Russian fighters are leading through its strength or weakness by rivals?

– I think that discrepancies on this issue cannot and should not be. Soviet, Russian edinoborcy always occupied a leading position in the competitions of any level. We have only one and a half ten years do exist mixed martial arts, but look what international tournaments, in which players win our warriors! While open Europe we truly have no equal. I think soon they will not appear.

– From anyone of you expecting more?

-A few more I waited from assorted Turkey, Korea. In other types of martial arts, they are typically very strong athletes. Maybe they ran out of time for a more thorough selection and preparation for this tournament.

– Which of the Russian regions are in the lead here?

-In the Championship is a very strong fighter from Dagestan, two of the Leningrad oblast, chelyabinskaya oblast, represented Moscow region, Chechen Republic, Rostov-na-Donu. All of them winners of the Championship of Russia, held in Moscow in late September.

– It's no secret that neither FIFA, particularly the first, can do without any overlap and confusion. The sooner they define – the easier it is to fix?

To say that there were some significant gaps in the Organization and carrying out of the Open Championship of Europe on the mixed martial arts I can not. Reception, accommodation, meals, the athletes weighing, shipping on all competitions was achieved at the Summit.

-What features of the Championship of amateur mixed martial arts?

Is one of the features of the mandatory use of helmets by fighters under the age of 21 years. Helmet makes it difficult to move away from pain and suffocating techniques at newasa often shifts and impairs visibility. On the other hand, it is necessary to ensure the safety of fighters and give it him, of course, is impossible.

-You started talking about the health of the athletes, but is in itself a 3-4 fights in a day represents a certain danger. In boxing, for example, do not make more than one match.

– In boxing all the blows are applied in the head or at the case. In mixed martial arts can always be put in the stalls and blows causing less overall damage. In the case of even a small incision in the amateur competitions battle stops.

On your view, the level of training corresponds to the status of the European Championship?

-The first 4-5 fighters in each of the weight categories meet, but there are also weak athletes who are still early to speak on that level. But this is the first championship and correcting deficiencies – just a matter of time. For me the tournament became a fighter from Uzbekistan Amin in category Ergashev 93 kilograms, liked by Ètigada Atakiševa from Azerbaijan in category up to 70.3 kg.

-What conclusions do you think should make organizers and trainers of the Championship?

-I think that soon will grow much competition among the Russian athletes should shape up towards them and foreign fighters. Probably will be revised and some items of rules of carrying out of competitions. Mixed martial arts only very recently were found to have a sport, many regions simply do not have the time to undertake the selection and form a complete team. Only a 7-8 regions relatively long tournaments on the mix fight, they set the tone in the competitions today. And, as the wishes of the organisers, I would like to express the view that it is better to hold such tournaments on weekends when children are free from schoolwork, and more to pay attention to advertising. Anyway, the first outdoor Championship frustration did not call.

– In amateur wrestling from the assorted species is stable enough, the same athletes perform at the Championships, Russia, Europe, world etc Cup victory on a mixed martial arts fighter straight path to the pros. Consequently, they must come with new fans and fluidity in the team is high. What is your attitude to this as a coach?

– I find it easier to say, of course, the Leningrad region team. I think after a year, the squad is updated not less than half. I wasn't embarrassed because the popularity of mixed martial arts is growing, wanting to address them more and a lot of young fighters who are ready to compete with more experienced athletes. Probably just as things stand and in the Russian team. Think Michael Gazaev of Chelyabinsk region, serving more than 93 kilograms category. fairly mature fighter and soon become professionals like and daghestani Magomed Mutaev (84kg), Magomed Ismailov (93 kg), representing the Moscow region. Our Magomed Magomedov, a promising young fighter, but I think at least another year we'll save it as a team. It is important to keep the core team of fighters that will be young people.

– How do you estimate the level of refereeing at the tournament?

-Qualification of judges is high enough, they tried a number of professional fights. Here the rules are pretty clear. For amplitude throw is awarded 3 points on your back, for the throw with a separation of legs of rival ringside – 2 points, for stalling out in the ground floor – 1 point. Kick in the head-2 score, the ball – 1 point. The fighters are judged accordingly in the stalls. This difference of amateur fights from professional. There is also activity, but in a less specific form. Preliminary fighting continues, two rounds of three minutes, final-round 2-5 minutes. In the event the account is assigned an additional round.

http://www.mixfight.ru/mma/interviews/2012/11/20/Nurmagomedov/
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum