GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can kirill sidelnikov make a succesful comeback in mma?

+7
DatsikCrim
KSW
Dagwood
RussianTopTeam
Wolfman
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
MR.WILLIE
11 posters
Go down
MR.WILLIE

can kirill sidelnikov make a succesful comeback in mma? Empty can kirill sidelnikov make a succesful comeback in mma?

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:58 am
this guy was the poster child for m-1...until they threw him to the wolves at a very young age vs buentello...

he has been active in sambo competition, but can we spect him back in mma soon??? what do you guys think?

kirill in sambo competition 2012 with fedor in a fine suit in his corner....
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

can kirill sidelnikov make a succesful comeback in mma? Empty Re: can kirill sidelnikov make a succesful comeback in mma?

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:17 am
I never thought much of him and picked Buentello to expose him back then. He is also a drugs cheat. I don't see him coming back and making much of a splash, honestly. I wouldn't be surprised if Bellator tried to sign him and see if he has anything left to give.
Wolfman
Wolfman

can kirill sidelnikov make a succesful comeback in mma? Empty Re: can kirill sidelnikov make a succesful comeback in mma?

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:51 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:I never thought much of him and picked Buentello to expose him back then. He is also a drugs cheat. I don't see him coming back and making much of a splash, honestly. I wouldn't be surprised if Bellator tried to sign him and see if he has anything left to give.

I agree i never really thought he was even close of his mentor's level.

From that video there he is in terrible shape and very sloppy. If he wants to come back to MMA he needs to really step up his game and drop the fat.

So... he probably can make a comeback, but must go up slowly and work hard on himself.

RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:42 pm
if Kiril moves to the US and joins a solid MMA gym then yes

however, now that Fedor is retired from MMA and has his priorities with his family / MMA movement in Russia , I doubt Kiril has what it takes to become champ in an org like M-1. I hope i'm wrong but you never know.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:04 pm
Wolfman wrote:
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:I never thought much of him and picked Buentello to expose him back then. He is also a drugs cheat. I don't see him coming back and making much of a splash, honestly. I wouldn't be surprised if Bellator tried to sign him and see if he has anything left to give.

I agree i never really thought he was even close of his mentor's level.

From that video there he is in terrible shape and very sloppy. If he wants to come back to MMA he needs to really step up his game and drop the fat.

So... he probably can make a comeback, but must go up slowly and work hard on himself.

He is very fat and unathletic. Also way too hittable and just plain sloppy, as you said. (Not that most MMA HWs aren't. Wink )
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:39 pm
Did anybody even watch the video???

Kiril looked his best ever there. He won the 2012 Combat Sambo world HW championship. His speed was much improved and he had a much better haircut.

The unbelievable thing about the fight is that it's got a couple minutes of Fedor video gold in it. He's on the sidelines pacing and all nervous calling out instructions to Kiril and even shadow boxing a bit in his angst for Kiril. Laughing It's freakin' great!!!

Fedor showed that he is not an outward unemotional guy in real life. That was just part of his armour put on only for the ring.

can kirill sidelnikov make a succesful comeback in mma? 852107159

KSW
KSW

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:57 pm
I would love to see Kirill in M-1 again. Fedor in suit was beautiful.
DatsikCrim
DatsikCrim

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:58 pm
I always believed Kiril when he stated that he received the stanozolol to help the recovery of an injury. However obviously that doesn't matter, it's still cheating. He works well with the Sambo points system....errr uses it wisely. He's now a 2 time Sambo world champ at just 24 years old. Sadly I think his career will stay in Sambo unless he can stay dedicated and smart in MMA. He fought like a complete buffoon against Buentello.
monaroCountry

can kirill sidelnikov make a succesful comeback in mma? Empty The GOAT in a suit

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:55 pm
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:00 pm
My original comments for the Kiril MMA future thread...

Dagwood wrote:Did anybody even watch the video???

Kiril looked his best ever there. He won the 2012 Combat Sambo world HW championship. His speed was much improved and he had a much better haircut.

The unbelievable thing about the fight is that it's got a couple minutes of Fedor video gold in it. He's on the sidelines pacing and all nervous calling out instructions to Kiril and even shadow boxing a bit in his angst for Kiril. Laughing It's freakin' great!!!

Fedor showed that he is not an outward unemotional guy in real life. That was just part of his armour put on only for the ring.

can kirill sidelnikov make a succesful comeback in mma? 852107159

https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t4349-mike-kyle-vs-gegard-mousasi-slotted-for-strikeforce-champions
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:32 pm
Kiril looked solid and hungry
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:35 pm
I watched the vid, and he looked ok, however Its still sambo with head gear. In mma he will have to shape up and clean up his stand up if he ever wants to get back to the top. IMO.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:16 am
maybe im being picky but I thought he looked sloppy or maybe its just the headgear and gi making it look like that?
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:19 am
GOAT is a stud alright no homo
retrocausality

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:14 am
Damn that is gif worthy, can you imagine the CEO of your company being Fedor?
Mikal
Mikal

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:36 am
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:maybe im being picky but I thought he looked sloppy or maybe its just the headgear and gi making it look like that?

I kind of agree, there were moments where he looked very sloppy and other moments where he looked pretty technical.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum