GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yuji Shimada to ref Fedor vs. Monson

+7
monaroCountry
Dagwood
Apres Moi
Kinosis
Hollywood Dang
KSW
brace
11 posters
Go down
brace
brace

Yuji Shimada to ref Fedor vs. Monson Empty Yuji Shimada to ref Fedor vs. Monson

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:45 pm
from mixfight.ru

Yuji Shimada to ref Fedor vs. Monson 5850

The duel between Fedor Emelianenko and Jeff Monson will be officiated by the legendary Japanese referee Yuji Shimada.

Shimada has refereed more than 150 fights and has served on almost all main fights of the top fighters in the Pride organization, including Fedor's fights with Mirko Cro Cop, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (1'st and 3'rd fights), Mark Coleman and others.

--------------------

Fuck Herb Dean.
KSW
KSW

Yuji Shimada to ref Fedor vs. Monson Empty Re: Yuji Shimada to ref Fedor vs. Monson

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:53 pm
Holy shit! M-1 is the new PRIDE (Almost). This makes the fight even better.
brace
brace

Yuji Shimada to ref Fedor vs. Monson Empty Re: Yuji Shimada to ref Fedor vs. Monson

Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:54 pm
Good call. I think this officially cements them as the new Pride, yes.
KSW
KSW

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:07 pm
I think M-1 will look more like PRIDE for every event. The intros have been cool with the fighters lined up. To bad most fans haven´t seen any of the shows.
brace
brace

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:31 pm
Yuji Shimada to ref Fedor vs. Monson 852107159

lol jacked the best IQ and Wolfman avs from TT..

Yuji Shimada to ref Fedor vs. Monson 3281942662
KSW
KSW

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:35 pm
Yes brace! Wolfman and IQ did some epic ones.
KSW
KSW

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:37 pm
Yuji Shimada to ref Fedor vs. Monson 854363785
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:38 pm
Putin should force all bilionairs to invest in M-1
KSW
KSW

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:41 pm
He really should. M-1 the national sport of Russia
Kinosis
Kinosis

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:59 pm
That's awesome, I don't want anymore Herb Dean situations. I wouldn't have even stopped the Bigfoot fight if Fedor wanted to continue and he was obviously still able to attack and fight.
KSW
KSW

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:17 pm
Kinosis wrote:That's awesome, I don't want anymore Herb Dean situations. I wouldn't have even stopped the Bigfoot fight if Fedor wanted to continue and he was obviously still able to attack and fight.
I´ve been thinking about the Fedor vs Bigfoot fight. What would have happened in that last round? Bigfoot was slowing down..
brace
brace

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:18 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:
Kinosis wrote:That's awesome, I don't want anymore Herb Dean situations. I wouldn't have even stopped the Bigfoot fight if Fedor wanted to continue and he was obviously still able to attack and fight.
I´ve been thinking about the Fedor vs Bigfoot fight. What would have happened in that last round? Bigfoot was slowing down..

Fedor by KO.
KSW
KSW

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:19 pm
I really think Fedor would have finished Silva, too bad they stopped it
Kinosis
Kinosis

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:10 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:

I don't know but I think Fedor and everyone else deserved the chance to find out. Pretty much all of the damage done to his eye took place over about 1.5 minutes if I remember correctly, the rest of the round he wasn't getting busted up. He ended the round attacking Bigfoot going for a sub, after the round was over he stood up and walked off while Bigfoot was still in the process of getting up because he looked like he blew his energy in the 2nd round. Guys like Kongo get to keep fighting after being KO'd on his feet twice to come back to win, I don't think letting the greatest MMA fighter of all time have that same chance (when he just had a swollen eye) is to much to ask. Bigfoot threw everything he had at Fedor, from his best position and still couldn't put him away, that tells me something.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:13 pm
Fedor could have won a decision too, even if he didn't stop Bigfoot. Fedor won the first round, Bigfoot the second, the fight was still anyones. Even if they gave Bigfoot 10-8 that round it would have been a draw if Fedor could win the 3rd.
Apres Moi
Apres Moi

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:28 pm
John McCarthy is the American Yuji Shimada.

Bigfoot was a fight Fedor could have won. He arguably won R1.He gave away the second round using sambo open guard. Damn that open guard. Fedor doesnt have the explosive strength anymore to buck someone as big and skilled as Bigfoot.

Seeing guys like cro cop, shamrock,saku losing is sad. but watching a guy like fedor losing due to the lack of training is much much worse.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:57 pm
Apres Moi wrote:John McCarthy is the American Yuji Shimada.

Bigfoot was a fight Fedor could have won. He arguably won R1.He gave away the second round using sambo open guard. Damn that open guard. Fedor doesnt have the explosive strength anymore to buck someone as big and skilled as Bigfoot.

Seeing guys like cro cop, shamrock,saku losing is sad. but watching a guy like fedor losing due to the lack of training is much much worse.

I went through the fight on video quite a few times a lot of it in slo-mo. Even in the 2nd RD Fedor countered successfully every position that Silva had him in until the bell sounded at the end of the round. In fact, Fedor was in a dominant position going for the leg lock/heel hook/kneebar?... Most will never admit to that.

Although Fedor was in a lot of trouble during the second round Silva could not finish him. The only thing that finished Fedor was the doctor and the ref. He was more than game to continue. Although it would have been a little dangerous to do that, Fedor never wanted to quit. It was a good call I think though. I don't think he could see outa' that eye. It didn't look good. (haha pun)

Apres Moi
Apres Moi

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:54 pm
Dagwood wrote:

I went through the fight on video quite a few times a lot of it in slo-mo. Even in the 2nd RD Fedor countered successfully every position that Silva had him in until the bell sounded at the end of the round. In fact, Fedor was in a dominant position going for the leg lock/heel hook/kneebar?... Most will never admit to that.

Although Fedor was in a lot of trouble during the second round Silva could not finish him. The only thing that finished Fedor was the doctor and the ref. He was more than game to continue. Although it would have been a little dangerous to do that, Fedor never wanted to quit. It was a good call I think though. I don't think he could see outa' that eye. It didn't look good. (haha pun)

Fedor is a warrior and ending the round with a footlock is a testament to his heart and legacy. I can agree that Fedor defended lots of strikes from the mount. Though under unified rules - being on bottom is losing. I wish Fedor would not have let Bigfoot pass in order for R3 to commence.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:00 pm
Apres Moi wrote:
Dagwood wrote:

Bigfoot was a fight Fedor could have won. He arguably won R1. He gave away the second round using sambo open guard. Damn that open guard. Fedor doesnt have the explosive strength anymore to buck someone as big and skilled as Bigfoot.

Fedor is a warrior and ending the round with a footlock is a testament to his heart and legacy. I can agree that Fedor defended lots of strikes from the mount. Though under unified rules - being on bottom is losing. I wish Fedor would not have let Bigfoot pass in order for R3 to commence.

Yeah, that was really Fedor's big mistake in that round. Considering Bigfoot's best position is his mount Fedor did a good job surviving under there, but he shouldn't have let Bigfoot get there in the first place. He looked like he wasn't even attempting to stop him from getting it. His first mistake was not watching for the takedown, especially after Bigfoot tried multiples times in the first round trying to avoid the striking.
monaroCountry

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:45 am
Great hiring by M1-Global for sure, now these guys know how to ref, just like the good old pride days.

Non of these wrestling B/S stalling.
Adax

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:06 am
nice!!! i hope they put a camera backpack on him!!! Yuji Shimada to ref Fedor vs. Monson 1387363171
monaroCountry

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:49 am
strap some GoPros on the ref
KSW
KSW

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:37 am
The ref cam would be epic
Apres Moi
Apres Moi

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:40 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:The ref cam would be epic

so you could see fedor get passed and n/s choked.

KSW
KSW

Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:00 pm
Apres Moi wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:The ref cam would be epic

so you could see fedor get passed and n/s choked.

You want some, come get some
Yuji Shimada to ref Fedor vs. Monson 4068340991
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum