GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

*Attention - No more mentions of 'any-type' of streams being watched/shared  in Chat Empty *Attention - No more mentions of 'any-type' of streams being watched/shared in Chat

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:16 am
Hey guys...

1. We are getting more industry people on the site and should not be risking the rep of the site by mention chat room parties for fights. Regardless of whether they are free or not this is too risky a thing for us to do from now on. Even if it is a free spike TV event (no rights for outside US & Canada) or a Russia 2 event (no right for outside Russian) fight we can no longer be advertising on the public forums that there is viewing party in chat.

2. From here on out PM your friends to join the other per-screened members of our chat follwing. Simple as that. It's impossible to miss the big (New Message) on the top navbar.

3. Members like Flawless should never be exposed to an invite to chat form the forums. Never. We can't risk someone who owns a promotion seeing that we are promoting illegal/semi-illegal viewing of MMA fights. Not only could this end up with us possibly shutdown by our forum host, but it could give us a really bad rep to MMA industry people.

4. If newer non-screened members show up in chat during an event... immediately clear the chat discussion and refrain from giving any links out at all. There is a reason that the big forums would never allow chat parties with members sharing links for questionably-illegal/grey area streams on a live chat on their site.

5. At some point chat may not be accessible for the the top navbar or at the bottom of the page and be used only by our core 'cool' members.

PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

*Attention - No more mentions of 'any-type' of streams being watched/shared  in Chat Empty Re: *Attention - No more mentions of 'any-type' of streams being watched/shared in Chat

Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:49 am
Agreed, we getting bigger and it wont be long before rats are sent our way to do some snooping.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

*Attention - No more mentions of 'any-type' of streams being watched/shared  in Chat Empty Re: *Attention - No more mentions of 'any-type' of streams being watched/shared in Chat

Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:52 am
I agree.

I don't think it is fair necessarily, but the word 'stream' is a sort of poison for forums. It isn't like we are hosting the feeds. But still, it is fodder to have us wiped out, just like that.

I have seen this on other forums, in particular Boxingscene. Streams use to be traded on threads. Or, people would post "pm me a stream" on other threads, and people would share them out that way.

Now, they have strict rules. Even "pm me a stream" posts are grounds for banning.

We have to be aware of this landscape, and abide by it, seeing as how it is possible to be shutdown by forces beyond our control.

Of course (I think), in those cases of official streams, it is good to make a thread (like when a free stream is hosted on a promotion's own website--i.e. M-1, etc.--or on Sherdog, etc.), but I think it is good in these cases to simply include the words 'official stream' in any thread title just to avoid any confusion.
KSW
KSW

Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:02 am
nodogoshi wrote:
Of course (I think), in those cases of official streams, it is good to make a thread (like when a free stream is hosted on a promotion's own website--i.e. M-1, etc.--or on Sherdog, etc.), but I think it is good in these cases to simply include the words 'official stream' in any thread title just to avoid any confusion.
Yes these streams are legit and posted on all sites and forums.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum