GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Marat: Plan to fight Gafurov with Vugarom fully warranted Empty Marat: Plan to fight Gafurov with Vugarom fully warranted

Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:27 pm
At the international tournament of mixed martial arts "M-1 Challenge 35. 15 years of MMA", held on 15 November in the Sports Palace «Ice» in St. Petersburg for the first time in the history of the championship belt was won in polulegkoj 65.8 kg weight category. Its owner was the representative of the Club "Legion" from Rostov-on-Don Marat Gafurov (5-0), who won by rear naked choke in the first round of 4:11 intake Vugar Bašieva (9-5) from Sambo-Peter team

Background on the battle, not was stripped of some intrigue.

Vugar Bakhshiyev began performing at M-1 Challenge when there's a new weight category. 16 March this year won the French fighter Jérôme Buissona. In the second round to Buisson received strong section, then the fight was stopped by the doctor. The victory awarded Vugar which actively protested the French side. After 3 months of M-1 Global's Fedor vs. Rizzo took revenge. The second fight with Jérôme Buissonom Vugar Bakhshiyev won for 2:48 pain reception on my foot. Thus He earned the right to fight for the championship belt M-1 Challenge.

Marat Gafurov was going to go a different way, from 70.3 kg weight category. First there was the victory over Sheikh-Magomedom Araphanovym at M-1 Challenge 29 last November in Ufa on the unanimous decision of the judges. Then 16 March this year at M-1 Challenge 31 in St. Petersburg he won by rear naked choke in the second round by receiving Cech David Kozmy, and also in St. Petersburg on June 21 split decision at Mairbeka Taysumov, and got right to the title fight. However, at the same tournament to claim a Vugar, Musa Hamanaev, won the championship battle , Daniel Vajhelâ, and club management offered to Marat Gafurovu go in a lighter weight class. Marat agreed and entered the title fight.

-Marat, as for you was a title fight?

– Prepared together with my coaches plan to fight completely unjustified, "shares his impressions after battlefield Marat Gafurov. "I had to, as soon as possible, transfer the opponent into mat wrestling to try to beat him and then do painful hold or choke. After a little work in front me as early as the second minute managed to translate the rival in the stalls and take the situation from above. After a series of strikes against dobivaûŝih I took a tight rear naked choke grip and forced the opponent to surrender.

-Before that he twice tried to hold you on the leg armlock?

– These tricks, honestly, did not pose a serious threat to me. I have stretched my legs and grabs the opponent was clearly enough for the pain, below the knee, not the hip. So pain on your foot does not pass. Yet nobody did me pain in the leg. Then he gave me the back, and a strangling already could easily. Vugar is immediately understood and quickly gave up.

-You ready come to the title fight?

– Not really. Shortly before the tournament I got a crack in the edge, it was a little painful to move and exercise. But I have already tuned in to a fight and did not want him to abandon. Don't know how to fight with a Vugarom Bahšievym, if it lasted longer. Trauma can affect, and therefore try to finish everything in the first round.

-You knew his opponent before the fight?

-Of course, I watched his fights, knew what it could do, and I was able to control the situation. It may work well in front, and on the floor, but he has and their weaknesses. I do not mean, he's a weak fighter, but was sure I could beat it in all components. Although, of course, understood that never, never underestimate your opponent. He could bring and unpleasant surprises.

– Its faults, mistakes made during the battle, noted?

-Probably, it is necessary to pay more attention to the work in the rack, I missed some nasty blows.

Is Now planning to relax or prepare for new battles?

-A little rest and get ready for the tournament to begin on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Dubai. Some special training don't plan, a little rest, podleču, and poborûs′ fin. At the same time and relax.

http://www.mixfight.ru/mma/interviews/2012/11/28/Marat/
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum