GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Fedor Emelianenko: I want to remove the aggression from mixed martial arts Empty Fedor Emelianenko: I want to remove the aggression from mixed martial arts

Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:11 am
Adviser to the Minister of sports of RUSSIAN FEDERATION and the President of the Union of Russian MMA Fedor Emelianenko has shared with a reporter of the FTP-press their view on the development of combat sports in Russia.

In recent years, mixed martial arts became very popular in Russia, and in many respects it is connected with your progress. a in your opinion, why do the MMA such a surge of interest in our country?
-First of all, because it is a universal combat sport. It includes all types of martial arts techniques. The MMA is more than 60 different techniques of battle. The athlete must be able to fight, and fight, and beat feet. This versatility and attracts viewers.
In America and the East of MMA is popular for a long time. Nice that the mixed martial martial art in Russia also won the love of the athletes and spectators. Now schools teach MMA are opened all over the world.

– Mixed martial arts have changed a lot during your performances?
"This sport is actively developing. The fighters become more universal. Now the athletes have different techniques, and why MMA is much more spectacular and beautiful.

– What is the difference of amateur MMA and professional?
-There are differences in the rules. In amateur MMA special lining. Tournaments are not like the show, but as a sports competition. Rules for a much softer, very many limitations that make the probability of injury is minimal.
In September we held the first official Championship of Russia. I think he was wonderful. 146 athletes gathered from various cities of Russia. All the fights were very interesting.
The latest events in St. Petersburg among amateurs I found it more interesting to watch than for professionals.

Is it possible that the MMA will become Olympic?
– Chances are. But for this to be done. In MMAmnogo rules and restrictions. Our task is to remove all the aggression that attempt to impute to single combat. This is also true for MEDIA and spectators and athletes themselves. We have sport competitions two generic fighters, rather than fight. In September we held the first official Championship of Russia. I think he was wonderful. 146 athletes gathered from various cities of Russia. All the fights were very interesting.

– Don't you think that MMA is quite dangerous to become a mass sport?
-A very important ideology by MMA. Did I mention that my work put to remove aggression from the sport and return it to the proper education of youth. In no event it is impossible to apply the skills learned in the Hall, on the street and in life. The extra energy to leave solely in the gym.
Our sport has been accredited for classes with only 18 years old. But young children may develop other sports, including martial arts.
I want to say that the MMA even softer than combat Sambo. In combat Sambo can be beaten and his head, and in the groin. We have prohibited. Overall I wouldn't say MMA – travmoopasnyj sport. Injury, of course, could happen in the competitions, but in training this happens very rarely.

– And to female MMA like?
-I believe that MMA is not a women's sport. I am not advocating that women engage in such harsh martial arts. This is my personal opinion. In my opinion, there are more women's sports--gymnastics, figure skating, athletics, sport dances. Yes, today, many women want to do the same, than men. Go in boxing and MMA. But I'm not an advocate of that.

– Can compare the development level of MMA in Russia and in other countries?
– I have not been in the European countries. But I can point out Holland in which battles take place every week mixed. There's gyms are packed with not only professional athletes, but also young people. Is there a very healthy nation. People of all ages go to gyms.
In France the rise and surge of MMA. England, Spain actively developing in this direction. Their athletes regularly come to us. As for Russia, it is visible, that we lift the sport in recent years. The only unpleasant thing that our television shows all in a row and indiscriminately. They believe that if it's popular, you have to show it. Many competitions nekačestvenny and spoil the reputation not only of the channel, but also sport. MMA competitions are all and sundry, taking advantage of the popularity of this kind of martial arts.
Such organizations are, unfortunately, a great deal. In the near future we would like to meet with television channels and to develop a programme of further cooperation and development of our sport. This is my first priority.

-You can compare the two sports organizations – UFC MMA and M-1 Global? and the truth that fights the UFC will be in Russia?
– The UFC next year there is a desire to hold competitions in Russia. Once UFCbylo in shambles – then thundered Pride. Pride is gone, now UFC has gained in strength. There was a time when M-1 only has evolved and there were only due to the efforts made by Vadim Finkelstein. Today it is one of the strongest in the world. Of course, too early to compete with the UFC, but M-1 takes a worthy position in the ranking organizations. I will say that the UFC and M-1 at this point-the two strongest organization in the world.

Is your brother Recently Alexander lost the fight Geoff Monsonu. Why Alexander was unable to take advantage of your experience of victory in battle with this fighter?
-Of course, I was upset because of my brother. But this is a sport and there is always a winner and a loser. I invited Alexander to work with my coaches from Holland. But Alexander has chosen his path, which proved unsuccessful.

-You see the specific cause of loss?
-See, but do not tell.

– You themselves continue to actively play sports?
-I manage to run races, and I do, sometimes the rod box. Now a little osvoûs′ with the work, and will try to give more time to the sport.

-The reduction in the loads of a discomfort than experience?
-No, I don't. On the contrary, have zalečivat′sâ injuries that have accumulated over the years of training. Yet it will take some time for all finally over. But today I completely missing what I'm doing. Cause my load now is work. And still I plan to promote our sport and martial arts in General to conduct master classes throughout Russia.

http://www.mixfight.ru/mma/interviews/2012/12/4/fedor_interview/
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Fedor Emelianenko: I want to remove the aggression from mixed martial arts Empty Re: Fedor Emelianenko: I want to remove the aggression from mixed martial arts

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:25 am
He means all the WWEFC smack talikin' phoney-assed bullshit. I whole heartedly agree!

Wolfman
Wolfman

Fedor Emelianenko: I want to remove the aggression from mixed martial arts Empty Re: Fedor Emelianenko: I want to remove the aggression from mixed martial arts

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:21 am
Dagwood wrote:He means all the WWEFC smack talikin' phoney-assed bullshit. I whole heartedly agree!

Looks like it, and that he wants the youth to not fight on the streets and stuff. These google translations are a bit weird, but i guess that's what it was suppose to be.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:21 am
maybe RTT can give us a better translation.
Also I like the term WWEFC thats funny.
Zoidborg
Zoidborg

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:59 pm
"the MMA even softer than combat Sambo. In combat Sambo can be beaten and his head, and in the groin."

interesting
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:30 pm
Always good to read interviews from Fedor!
monaroCountry

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:57 am
Zoidborg wrote:"the MMA even softer than combat Sambo. In combat Sambo can be beaten and his head, and in the groin."

interesting

Very true too. There is a huge difference between combat and sport sambo.
DatsikCrim
DatsikCrim

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:31 pm
I guess I don't understand what he is saying here

"A very important ideology by MMA. Did I mention that my work put to remove aggression from the sport and return it to the proper education of youth. In no event it is impossible to apply the skills learned in the Hall, on the street and in life. The extra energy to leave solely in the gym.
Our sport has been accredited for classes with only 18 years old. But young children may develop other sports, including martial arts."

He's one of the most aggressive dudes in MMA as far as fighting goes. Did he mean only outside of competition?
KSW
KSW

Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:51 am
DatsikCrim wrote:I guess I don't understand what he is saying here

"A very important ideology by MMA. Did I mention that my work put to remove aggression from the sport and return it to the proper education of youth. In no event it is impossible to apply the skills learned in the Hall, on the street and in life. The extra energy to leave solely in the gym.
Our sport has been accredited for classes with only 18 years old. But young children may develop other sports, including martial arts."

He's one of the most aggressive dudes in MMA as far as fighting goes. Did he mean only outside of competition?
Yes Fedor wants mma to be a classy sport between gentlemen, not some ultimate fighting tough guy act in the streets.
monaroCountry

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:44 am
Lofgren wrote:
DatsikCrim wrote:I guess I don't understand what he is saying here

Yes Fedor wants mma to be a classy sport between gentlemen, not some ultimate fighting tough guy act in the streets.

Id want to see this too and so do many fighters, promoters and fans.

Look at the many fights in Pride where both fighters respected each other, it was an entertaining battle of skills and ability.

MMA doesnt need made up beef between fighters and doesnt need fighters dribbling on the cage disrespecting another fighter and audience. Sadly this happens in the UFC where it seems that the fighter with the biggest mouth gets the shot at glory and the money.
marchegiano
marchegiano

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:23 pm
I like female MMA, but he's probably right. I don't much understand why a women would chose to be second rate. In the sports he named they rule, and watching the men is lame. I can understand his point. Why be queen of a second rate division when you can be queen of a first.

female MMA, like female boxing, will never over take male MMA. So why do it?

Then again, can't see Mrs. Santos being as good at anything else. It would be a sin to have never seen her fight. She's better then a lot of males.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum