GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Two Title Bouts Set For DEEP 61st Impact Empty Two Title Bouts Set For DEEP 61st Impact

Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:44 pm
DEEP will return to the Korakuen Hall on February 6th for 61st Impact. Confirmed for the show are two title fights, Young ‘RYO’ Choi and Kazuhiro Nakamura will clash for the vacant middleweight strap while Kazunori Yokota will defend his featherweight title for the first time against Shoji Maruyama.

PRIDE veteran Nakamura earned his shot at the middleweight belt after defeating former champ Ryuta Sakurai back in October. ‘RYO’ comes into this fight undefeated in his last four fights and has defeated the likes of Takenori Sato and Bernard Ackah. DEEP’s middleweight division has been without a champion since 2010 when Riki Fukuda vacated the belt to sign with the UFC.

Sengoku veteran Yokota will be defending his featherweight belt for the first time since capturing the title last February at DEEP 57th Impact. Yokota and Shoji previously clashed back in June 2011, a bout that saw Yokota dominate, earning him the decision victory. Shoji has gone 3-0 since that loss to Yokota.

It does come as a surprise to see Shoji get the shot over Korean prospect Doo Ho Choi, who has impressed many with his performances in DEEP recently.

http://www.asianmma.com/?p=4803
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Two Title Bouts Set For DEEP 61st Impact Empty Re: Two Title Bouts Set For DEEP 61st Impact

Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:35 pm
Good matches there. No date set yet?
wekka
wekka

Two Title Bouts Set For DEEP 61st Impact Empty Re: Two Title Bouts Set For DEEP 61st Impact

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:42 pm
CDF47 wrote:Good matches there. No date set yet?

February 6th
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:06 pm
wekka wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Good matches there. No date set yet?

February 6th

Thanks.
wekka
wekka

Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:41 am
Nakamura should handle Young Choi. Crazier things have happened though and Choi deserves it for his longtime relationship with DEEP. I just don't see it going beyong RYO being anymore than a mid-tier fighter and while you can consider Nakamura the same, he has faced and beaten better competition his whole career.

I think Doo Ho got looked over for only one reason. The fact that the UFC has been HEAVILY interested in him and they might have reached a deal for him to debut at the next Japan card. SHOJI isn't a terrible guy to replace him with at all, one of the most exciting guys in JMMA today. I think he bulldozes Yokota. It's just a shame we might not get the incredibly match between SHOJI and Choi.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:16 pm
wekka wrote:Nakamura should handle Young Choi. Crazier things have happened though and Choi deserves it for his longtime relationship with DEEP. I just don't see it going beyong RYO being anymore than a mid-tier fighter and while you can consider Nakamura the same, he has faced and beaten better competition his whole career.

I think Doo Ho got looked over for only one reason. The fact that the UFC has been HEAVILY interested in him and they might have reached a deal for him to debut at the next Japan card. SHOJI isn't a terrible guy to replace him with at all, one of the most exciting guys in JMMA today. I think he bulldozes Yokota. It's just a shame we might not get the incredibly match between SHOJI and Choi.

That would suck if Choi goes to UFC. Was hoping he would end up in GLORY/DREAM or ONE.
wekka
wekka

Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:40 am
There's not all too much for Choi in either organization. About two guys at most for both (Kawajiri, Takaya, and Miyata. He destroys Omigawa) and Eric Kelly is the only viable opponent for Choi at One at this moment.

I can't say that i'm not looking forward to him fighting guys like Aldo, Mendes, Hioki, Edgar, and possibly Jung.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum