GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

GLory 4 will air on cbs sports network Empty GLory 4 will air on cbs sports network

Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:08 pm
https://www.facebook.com/GLORYSportsInternationalOfficial?sk=app_137541772984354&app_data

hell yea I get this channel!! Im assuming they will air the entire event! Man im super pumped I get to watch this in hd!

GLory 4 will air on cbs sports network 550350388
MR.WILLIE

GLory 4 will air on cbs sports network Empty Re: GLory 4 will air on cbs sports network

Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:43 pm
fuck yeah...

A women's contest between former Strikeforce champ Marloes Coenen (20-5) and Australian product Fiona Muxlow (6-1) has been added to the year-end "DREAM.18 and GLORY 4 Tokyo – New Year's Eve Special" event.

DREAM officials recently announced the new booking.

DREAM.18, which features both MMA bouts and the "GLORY 4 Tokyo – Heavyweight Grand Slam" kickboxing tournament, takes place Dec. 31 at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan. Shinya Aoki and Antonio McKee headline the MMA portion of the card.

Additionally, broadcast plans for the dual DREAM.18 and GLORY 4 Tokyo events now include a tape-delayed broadcast to the U.S. via CBS Sports Network, which is currently available in approximately 47 million homes. The Glory 4 event airs at 10 p.m. ET on New Year's Eve while DREAM.18 airs the following day at the same time.

The event also airs live on Canada's Fight Network and streams worldwide via online pay-per-view on www.gloryworldseries.com.

Holland native Coenen returns to the ring after besting Romy Ruyssen in April at Invicta FC 1, which was her second win over the fighter. Previously, she lost the Strikeforce bantamweight title to Miesha Tate at "Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson," which snapped a streak that saw her win the belt by submitting Sarah Kaufman and defend it by submitting Liz Carmouche.

Coenen was cut from Strikeforce in August 2011 amid a dispute between her management company, Golden Glory (which operates the DREAM and Glory promotions), and UFC parent Zuffa.

Muxlow, who hails from Australia, has won her past three bouts and makes her first international appearance at the year-end event.

DREAM.18 also features former DREAM bantamweight champ Bibiano Fernandes as he takes on Japanese vet and DEEP champ Yoshiro Maeda, as well as UFC vets Denis Kang, Phil Baroni and Michihiro Omigawa.

The event's full MMA card includes:

The latest "DREAM.18 and GLORY 4 Tokyo – New Year's Eve Special" MMA card now includes:
Champ Shinya Aoki vs. Antonio McKee - for lightweight title
Bibiano Fernandes vs. Yoshiro Maeda
Denis Kang vs. Melvin Manhoef
Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Georgi Karakhanyan
Phil Baroni vs. Hayato Sakurai
Will Brooks vs. Satoru Kitaoka
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Michihiro Omigawa
Marloes Coenen vs. Fiona Muxlow

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/12/dream-18-adds-coenen-vs-muxlow-announces-broadcasts-on-cbs-sports-network
MR.WILLIE

GLory 4 will air on cbs sports network Empty Re: GLory 4 will air on cbs sports network

Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:48 pm
The Glory/Dream New Year’s Eve event from Saitama, Japan, is just around the corner, and while American broadcasting details are still being nailed down, one more high profile MMA bout has been added to the card.

Former Strikeforce women’s 135-pound champion Marloes Coenen will make her way to Japan to face Fiona Muxlow on the Dream portion of the event at Saitama Super Arena, according to MMAWeekly.com sources.

Coenen (20-5) has seen little activity since losing her Strikeforce belt to Miesha Tate in mid-2011. She fought once for Invicta FC, defeating Romy Ruyssen by unanimous decision in April of this year.

Muxlow, fighting out of Australia, has a solid 6-1 record, but this will mark the first time she’s fought outside of Australia or New Zealand, and Coenen is by far the toughest opponent she’s ever faced.

The two will be part of the Dream MMA rules bouts when the promotion is resurrected on New Year’s Eve in Japan.

The event will air in the United States on the CBS Sports Network. The Glory kickboxing portion of the event will broadcast on Dec. 31 on the network, while the Dream MMA bouts hit the airwaves on Jan. 1.

Independent MMAWeekly.com sources confirmed that CBS Sports Network is hosting the American broadcast of the event, which was first reported by MMAFighting.com.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/marloes-coenen-bout-added-to-dream-18-event-will-air-on-cbs-sports-in-the-u-s-in-two-parts
MR.WILLIE

Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:49 pm
Japan's New Year's Eve combat sports spectacular now has a broadcast home in the United States.

The event, "GSI presents DREAM 18 and GLORY 4 Tokyo - New Year's Eve Special," will air on the CBS Sports Network, MMA Fighting has confirmed.

CBS Sports Network is currently in 47 million U.S. homes, according to the cable channel's online literature.

The event will air on tape delay in two parts, starting at 10 p.m. ET on Dec. 31. That broadcast will air the GLORY card. The next night at 10 p.m. ET, the channel will air the DREAM portion of the event. A live broadcast of the show will be available online at GloryWorldSeries.com.

The massive, 20-fight card will feature bouts in MMA and kickboxing.

The top mixed martial arts fights include Bibiano Fernandes vs. Yoshiro Maeda, Shinya Aoki vs. Antonio McKee, Melvin Manhoef vs. Denis Kang and Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Michihiro Omigawa. Other recognizable names include Phil Baroni and Marloes Coenen.

The Glory Grand Slam kickboxing tourney includes Sergei Kharitonov, Semmy Schilt, Gokhan Saki and Remy Bonjasky, among others.

The event emanates from the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/12/26/3804492/dream-18-glory-4-new-years-eve-event-to-air-on-cbs-sports-network
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:11 pm
That is awesome. I think this could lead to an eventual spot on Showtime after the SF deal is done in a few weeks since CBS owns Showtime.
MR.WILLIE

Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:26 pm
CDF47 wrote:That is awesome. I think this could lead to an eventual spot on Showtime after the SF deal is done in a few weeks since CBS owns Showtime.

yep....and espinoza this week confirm that showtime wants to stay in the mma business....great news...cdf47...fuck yeah jmma is back with a dutch father, lol....but great news...
wekka
wekka

Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:25 pm
Well ill definitely be taking a break from this board for two days..
Can't wait for two days worth of high level combat and at a decent time for once.
wekka
wekka

Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:31 pm
I'm just hoping the four hour timeslot will be enough to show all of the Kickboxing matches, at least the Le Banner and van Roosmalen fights.

This probably means minimal vtrs and little to no entrances but ill live with it for a good broadcast deal.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:50 pm
very happy about these news, I finally get to watch my first DREAM event live on TV instead of streaming.
Somnio

Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:50 pm
That's awesome. Glad I don't have to stream this or watch a replay on the net. About to set the DVR immediately.
KSW
KSW

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:53 pm
Awesome! Glory knows what the fans needs.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:02 pm
I will be ordering the live HD stream for $20 from the GLORY site and stream it onto TV from iPAD to Apple TV. Just can't wait for a one and two day delay for CBS Sports Network airing. It is great they got this deal which could lead to future shows on Showtime when SF is gone and buried since CBS owns Showtime. Hopefully their future broadcasts will be live.

Cannot wait for this event just several days away.
KSW
KSW

Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:13 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:
The event will air on tape delay in two parts, starting at 10 p.m. ET on Dec. 31. That broadcast will air the GLORY card. The next night at 10 p.m. ET, the channel will air the DREAM portion of the event. A live broadcast of the show will be available online at GloryWorldSeries.com.
I´ll order the live broadcast on Glorys homepage
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:49 pm
PRIDE FC wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:
I´ll order the live broadcast on Glorys homepage

That's what I'm doing as well. For me it is worth $20 to see the entire event live. I could wait a day for kickboxing and two days for DREAM on CBS Sports but just got to see this event live.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum