GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Racic
Racic

Volkmann's Post Fight Comments Empty Volkmann's Post Fight Comments

Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:50 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLCZQbnJYBk&feature=player_embedded

Yes, he is a weird guy.

Doesn't pick up on social cues very well and is oblivious to the consequences of his actions.

I think the UFC will cut him as soon as he loses a couple of fights or loses in an embarrassing fashion.

From a BIZ standpoint, why would you want someone employed by your org. to make negative comments towards the prez of your country - it brings bad publicity.

I understand that Volk wants to get some attention but he's doing it all wrong. He's putting his job on the line.

Solid wrestler and has shown heart and some decent skill but he won't go far if he continues to make silly comments like he did after his fight.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Volkmann's Post Fight Comments Empty Re: Volkmann's Post Fight Comments

Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:36 am
What was his post fight interview with Blow Rogain? Is there any video?
Racic
Racic

Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:37 pm
brace
brace

Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:39 pm
Volkmann was fired for the joke from coaching position at a White Bear Lake, MN school, where he was wrestling head coach.

What a fuckin idiot. One time it's funny, two times should just stfu already..
Racic
Racic

Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:08 pm
@brace,

yeah i heard about that news too. he needs to tone those types of jokes down, or remove them completely (best option).

i have no problem with someone making jokes about a country's president, however, a lot of people DO have a problem with these jokes; the country's government especially. no sense in trying to fight the power by yourself.
brace
brace

Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:28 pm
Racic wrote:@brace,

yeah i heard about that news too. he needs to tone those types of jokes down, or remove them completely (best option).

i have no problem with someone making jokes about a country's president, however, a lot of people DO have a problem with these jokes; the country's government especially. no sense in trying to fight the power by yourself.

Yeah, criticizing the government is perfectly fine, but there's a time and a place, as far as good taste and common sense are concerned. I'd rather athletes do not use their post fight speech to try to push their political or religious views. It's same shit as fighters going on and on about Jesus after their fight. Only reason I can think for this guy's outbursts is he liked the publicity he got the last time and is trying to put himself over as a hero or a heel by spouting controversial politics. At least Chael is funny. But I guess it worked. Look, people are talking about him on the internet.. lol
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:40 pm
This is his platform , the only one he has where he can be seen and heard. And this country needs criticizing. It didn't bother me at all , I'm not that sensitive as an Mma fan and I agree with his political outlook. Maybe if more people had the balls to speak up we wouldn't be where we are.

Let's not forget the real culprit here , zuffa and how similar they are to this government.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:11 pm
Longtime Fan wrote:This is his platform , the only one he has where he can be seen and heard. And this country needs criticizing. It didn't bother me at all , I'm not that sensitive as an Mma fan and I agree with his political outlook. Maybe if more people had the balls to speak up we wouldn't be where we are.

Let's not forget the real culprit here , zuffa and how similar they are to this government.

Yeah, I can't necessarily disagree, other than that you say "this is his platform", in other words he's obviously trying to make a name for himself by appealing to reactionaries. It's his life, but I don't need to support him, he's obviously looking to appeal to the lowest and most ignorant denominators.

I am a big critic of Obama, but I criticize from the left, and Obama does govern from the right, don't let the big D fool you. He does things which Bush never could've gotten away with, and it is because of the big D after his name. The phonys who call themselves liberals and register in the Democratic party (I've always been an independent, and not the party 'independent', but I've always checked the box of "no party affiliation") simply turn a blind eye. The DAI bill is really pretty close to the last straw (well, it would be I guess were it not that I'd already made up my mind way before). Can you imagine the outrage if Bush (whom I consider the worst president in the history of the US, or at the least in the top 3 or so) had authorized the assassination of an American citizen, along with his 15 year old son, by way of unmanned aircraft in Yemen? we never would have heard the end of it. And yet, that is precisely what Obama did. And all of the supposed "liberals" and "progressives" simply look the other way, because it is Obama.

People who care about what is right, and what is decent, and what is true, have to reject the political establishment in the US (and beyond). It doesn't matter that much about Democrat and Republican. They are all fucked. And don't give me any Ron Paul bullshit, either, that guy is a phony, there is little good about him (other than the rhetoric he espouses regarding foreign policy).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum